2005-2010 [ANT10]

So I wrote a letter to Toyota...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Wow guys. How did this thread get so angry so quick?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

This is a forum for car enthusiasts, why would it matter if marketing took place here?

99% of the users/browsers on here have or had a Toyota. It's not like the OP's post would stir us towards buying one. You can't expect me to believe that the average American and potential buyer would be lurking on SL for some insider info.

I don't get where the beef is?
Old 08-30-2010, 11:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
thanks AAG my thoughts, exactly.

I find it odd I get attacked because I point out the OBVIOUS timing of such a post when Toyota/Scion does viral marketing campaigns online. The timing of this post is what I'm talking about. Not that someone can't make 200k miles with a Toyota. The fact that this is being brought up at the same time is quite interesting. I smell "commercial here" and yes again 200k is possible with a Toyota and most modern cars as well.

so people, think outside the box at the "coincidence" that this is posted now.

and I like that the OP attacked me? I never said it was a lie, again, read slowly.. HOW INTERESTING IT IS THAT THIS IS POSTED EXACTLY AT THE SAME TIME TOYOTA HAS A MARKETING CAMPAIGN ABOUT THE RELIABILITY OF THEIR VEHICLES.. read slowly now.. good now you have my point.

Say hi to toyota's marketing dept for me

I'm sorry for mis-reading; reading on the go.

Thanks for making me realize the fact that; those commericals did come out around that time when I went to the Chicago event????? I do find it quite ironic.

Now, heres the thing. Part of me believes if I was to stop driving the miles: problems will occur. I really wanna see how many miles can I rack. But if it does 1 million+...I'm giving him back to Toyota for free.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AAG
Lol proof read much?
No! Whats the fun in proof-reading?
But thanks for pointing out the obvious of my mispelling!
Also as a mod i officialy make you the proofread guy. So make sure you make sure everyone knows when they make a typo! And yes I made some more typ[os. Its fun to make thems.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
thanks AAG my thoughts, exactly.

I find it odd I get attacked because I point out the OBVIOUS timing of such a post when Toyota/Scion does viral marketing campaigns online. The timing of this post is what I'm talking about. Not that someone can't make 200k miles with a Toyota. The fact that this is being brought up at the same time is quite interesting. I smell "commercial here" and yes again 200k is possible with a Toyota and most modern cars as well.

so people, think outside the box at the "coincidence" that this is posted now.

and I like that the OP attacked me? I never said it was a lie, again, read slowly.. HOW INTERESTING IT IS THAT THIS IS POSTED EXACTLY AT THE SAME TIME TOYOTA HAS A MARKETING CAMPAIGN ABOUT THE RELIABILITY OF THEIR VEHICLES.. read slowly now.. good now you have my point.

Say hi to toyota's marketing dept for me
You didnt point out anything but a conspiracy theory in your eyes! Do you believe in UFO's?