Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

sorry tc but ur not for me

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member

Default sorry tc but ur not for me

i chose a 4cyl honda accord sedan dx over a scion tc. reason? i really liked the tc but the inside was just too cheapish looking. when i sat in it, it kinda felt like i was sitting on and around rubber and plastic. really dont like that feeling. plus the options i wanted on it came around 19k and it wouldnt be less than 21k out the door. when i sat in the back, i could feel a metal bar under me, maybe because it bounced too much. last but not least, i decided to stick with a car that has already been well established over a car that just came out. i guess i just dont have the type of money to keep fixing it lol. with the accord, i put in a spoiler and all i need to do now is get a ground effects kit, tinted windows, and rims. even tho its a dx..i got those one at this price deals, which had automatic everything from the inside except for rear wiew mirrors. what surprised me the most was that it came with leather seats!!. hmm adding a wood trim would look nice huh? by the way..the accord cost me $19,500 out the door. thats including license, 60k miles warranty, lo jack, registration, and all that other extra stuff. overall, im happy with my decision.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Banned

listen i went to the dealer 2 days ago and i likes the look of the TC alot but when i sat in it and drove it i was turned off. I just didnt like how it sat so low. Also the seat was too far forward , to he point where i had little foot room. It had good power tho, but it wasnt for me so i bought my second XB
Old 06-28-2004, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

19.5K is a nice deal! Enjoy your Accord
Old 06-28-2004, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

to each his/her own.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member

accord nice, if u like ridin grandma style :D
Old 06-28-2004, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Enjoy your Accord. Maybe this might mean I get my Scion TC faster.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member

Default accord? or rip off

whoa u got ripped off cuz u can get an LX for 17 k and a DX for 16 k ouch, good luck on having a car just about everyone else has, how do i know cause i used to sell honda's
Old 06-28-2004, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats on the new car! While I don't like the Seadan model of the accord (the Coupe is fantastic), I am sure you will love it.

Oh and guys don't kid yourselves. The tC will be "everywhere" within 5 years and you won't be driving anything that special.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Default Re: sorry tc but ur not for me

Originally Posted by iki4life
i chose a 4cyl honda accord sedan dx over a scion tc. reason? i really liked the tc but the inside was just too cheapish looking. when i sat in it, it kinda felt like i was sitting on and around rubber and plastic. really dont like that feeling. plus the options i wanted on it came around 19k and it wouldnt be less than 21k out the door. when i sat in the back, i could feel a metal bar under me, maybe because it bounced too much. last but not least, i decided to stick with a car that has already been well established over a car that just came out. i guess i just dont have the type of money to keep fixing it lol. with the accord, i put in a spoiler and all i need to do now is get a ground effects kit, tinted windows, and rims. even tho its a dx..i got those one at this price deals, which had automatic everything from the inside except for rear wiew mirrors. what surprised me the most was that it came with leather seats!!. hmm adding a wood trim would look nice huh? by the way..the accord cost me $19,500 out the door. thats including license, 60k miles warranty, lo jack, registration, and all that other extra stuff. overall, im happy with my decision.
Ooh man, I could get every other reason you listed except for the wood trim...I would never want wood trim in a car at this price because it just can't come close to what it should look like (it would end up being plastic-like). Plus, it just doesn't go with the rest of the design of the car...not with all the aluminum accents & such...
Old 06-28-2004, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rousterfar
Oh and guys don't kid yourselves. The tC will be "everywhere" within 5 years and you won't be driving anything that special.
i dont think in 5 years.. probably 2. i went to my dealer last weekend and saw the waiting list for the tC... about 2 pages long....
Old 06-28-2004, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's a good decision for choosing accord over tC
When I saw tC in person, I was so dissapointed
but u paid $19k for DX? you gotta be kidding right?
I can get EX for $18k
omg .....
Old 06-28-2004, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i almost got an accord but it wasn't that nice
Old 06-28-2004, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC will probably be everywhere... at least it'll will be a better common car then the civic is.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all cars are everywhere. manufacturers make a lot of them so they can make a profit. i dont' know about everyone else but my tC won't stay stock for long. so yeah, everyone may have one but they wont all be modded like mine will.

customization is the key to individuality!
Old 06-28-2004, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

accords are nice vehicle...especially for the money. TC is fairly new and will take time to prove itself as mainstream vehicle.

As for this metal thingy in the seat? wat is it?
Old 06-29-2004, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually... the engine has proven itself already... the rest of the car just has to hold up ya know :-p
Old 06-29-2004, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rousterfar
Congrats on the new car! While I don't like the Seadan model of the accord (the Coupe is fantastic), I am sure you will love it.

No kidding. If you really want to be different, buy something not made by Honda or Toyota.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:58 AM
fro
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default accord/tC

haha, i can def. relate to this thread. I graduated college in May. Ive been waiting for the tC since the beginning of this year cause it was (supposedly) coming out right around the same time i got out of school, started my job, and could afford one. In the meantime since i started my job ive been driving a 2001 Accord. I test drove a tC last week with 3 others in the car at the same time and good lord was that basically too close for comfort. None of us were even 6-foot. I still dig the tC and im looking forward to owning one, but damn if that test drive wasn't a little anti-climactic after waiting all these months and made me condsider getting comfortable (literally) with a new Honda...
-jf
Old 06-29-2004, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

woaaah djimpak, dude, when did you go over to the xB camp?

Still a cool ride, but man, what happened?