Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Suggestions on headers and struts to go with trd springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 07:21 AM

Default Suggestions on headers and struts to go with trd springs

If I put a 4-1 or 4-2-1 header on would I need to change my exhaust as well to compensate for the air flow? Would I have any issues if I just changed the headers and nothing else?
Also anyone have any suggestions on better performances struts to go with my trd lowering springs? I don't want much of a drop especially considerating I'm already riding on 19s. Just want to try and maintain a comfortable ride as mch as possible along with good handling and looks
Attached Thumbnails Suggestions on headers and struts to go with trd springs-image.jpeg  
Old 04-21-2016, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Header change will more than likely cause a Check Engine Light condition due to the loss of your catalytic convertor.
You do not need to a new exhaust with a new header; it is up to you.
Our cars don't gain much from bolt-on modifications; it's mostly looks and sound.
Springs are what holds up the car; not the struts. So changing the struts won't change the height of the car.
Changing the struts will change the dampening qualities; anything you upgrade with will more than likely result in a firmer ride assuming you currently ride on stock struts.
You can't have both comfort and good handling; you will have to sacrifice one for the other.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cleancut
If I put a 4-1 or 4-2-1 header on would I need to change my exhaust as well to compensate for the air flow? Would I have any issues if I just changed the headers and nothing else?
Also anyone have any suggestions on better performances struts to go with my trd lowering springs? I don't want much of a drop especially considerating I'm already riding on 19s. Just want to try and maintain a comfortable ride as mch as possible along with good handling and looks
I agree with everything 07spectC already has said. but.. I just had to comment, did you realize that in your picture, behind your car in traffic was a black cherry pearl tc?!? I thought that was hilarious of a coincidence! You snapped a pic at the right time!!

also, I know there were trd lowering struts to work with the trd springs, but they're discontinued. I don't think the lowering springs would kill the stock shocks. I think they only upgrade would be something like Tein coilovers, the entire system of springs and shocks. I say that because I know tein makes just the lowering springs too.