2005-2010 [ANT10]

is it a tC or BMW????

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default is it a tC or BMW????

I just wanted to post a quick story about what happened to me the other day. I was strolling the streets with my co-worker in the tC and decided to hit up a few dealerships along the way. You know to show off the tC off course. Well on the way we were about to pass a BMW dealer and decided what the heck, lets pay-em a visit. We start driving through the lot and notice the never-ending eyes following our every move. Sales people and customers alike. Of course I had to stop and park right in the front. So I parked and got out to go in to "get a brochure" like that's what I really was there for. And on the way I had this lady stop and ask me if that was the new BMW 1 series. I cracked a smile and confidently told her "No maam this is the new toyota scion tC. You could see it in her face that she was blown away by how much it looked so luxurious. So I continued my mission for the brochure and was asked by a few sales reps about the vehicle, which they told me they had heard and seen pics of , so I let them look in it and mess with it for a bit then I headed back. To make a long story short, you really can't judge a book by it's cover. Be it a 50,000 car or a 15,000 car. Also if anyone gets a chance to, drive them into dealers and watch with amazement what happens. The tC is like eye candy for people who have never seen one. ---- Well I think my next visit will be to sit side by side to the infamous Infinity G35. Till then tC-ya later
Old 07-01-2004, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great story.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

toyota engineers did a great job on tC. they make it not only look like, but also feel like a car that is twice or three times of its price. i mean, when i saw the pic, it wasn't impressive. but once i saw it in person, it just blow me away.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by haihengh
toyota engineers did a great job on tC. they make it not only look like, but also feel like a car that is twice or three times of its price. i mean, when i saw the pic, it wasn't impressive. but once i saw it in person, it just blow me away.
I agree. Its price is so low for a car like that!
Old 07-01-2004, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yeah my friend just bought a new civic ex. paid only 300 less after all his options than me & now he's kicking himself
Old 07-01-2004, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by nairod
And on the way I had this lady stop and ask me if that was the new BMW 1 series. I cracked a smile and confidently told her "No maam this is the new toyota scion tC. You could see it in her face that she was blown away by how much it looked so luxurious.
LOL, wow I can't wait for mine. Awesome story I was so close to buying a 3 series but then love at first sight struck with the tC
Old 07-02-2004, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ASUgradinWA
yeah my friend just bought a new civic ex. paid only 300 less after all his options than me & now he's kicking himself
i was almost sold on an 04 Civic EX for like 18,000. im glad i didnt get it. the tC has so many more options for less and it looks pimp!

i might head out to a dealership tomorrow and see if i cant test drive a tC... maybe take some pics.

.. actually, if i can convince the sales person... ill try to get him to take video while i test drive ;-)

hopefully my plans dont get screwed again :-p
Old 07-02-2004, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CNYScions
SL Member

whats funny is that when i was test driving the 5spd after i test drove the auto the next day, i sait that to the scion guy that was riding with me. that i felt as if the car was way more luxurious than what it was stickered at. on the inside it feels like it should be a 40k car, but it only 16k!! hahahah!!!

toyota f*cking rules!!!

I have got to get one of these cars before they jack up the price!
Old 07-02-2004, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by r2tc

whats funny is that when i was test driving the 5spd after i test drove the auto the next day, i sait that to the scion guy that was riding with me. that i felt as if the car was way more luxurious than what it was stickered at. on the inside it feels like it should be a 40k car, but it only 16k!! hahahah!!!

toyota f*cking rules!!!

my concern is...if i drive a car that looks better than my manager and boss do...i am in deep sh*t....
man, hate it, but love it.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was looking at 04 EXs til I found the tC and actually was about to pay for than I will be paying for the tC, yeah right Honda, that's right, redesign for 06, lol!!!! Honda + options = NO SALE FOR ME!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2004, 08:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

nice, im going to show off the car as much as i can to see peoples faces and them wanting to see the inside in amazement.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
N.G.S.O.

I doubt the price will ever go up, I mean its scion we're talking about.