2005-2010 [ANT10]

TC- Owner Aging!!- A Thought

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TC- Owner Aging!!- A Thought

I was out yesterday and i've been seeing many, many tC's on the road. They look great, and now it just gives me more of a reason to modify my own ride, but one thing i have noticed is the ages of the drivers.

I saw a guy at the gas station with a silver tC that was about 70 years old. It's great that a guy that age would want something sporty to drive, but wow. I asked him why he bought it and he said that it was because of all the good reviews, and the gas mileage. I agreed with him, and told him that 's partly why i bought the car in August of 04, when they first came to the NY area. Other drivers i've seen have looked to be in their 40's and even 50's.

Funny, I mean I know i'm not that young, but I did get mine when i was 34. I like that people are starting to see scion as a good brand, but I don't feel as "young" anymore when i drive my tC..lol.

Just a thought.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I rarely see anyone over 25 in one around here. There is one lady with kids that I see in hers on occasion (she's probably 35 or so? Anytime I see older people in a Scion, it's a box. Around here anyway.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:13 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
I rarely see anyone over 25 in one around here. There is one lady with kids that I see in hers on occasion (she's probably 35 or so? Anytime I see older people in a Scion, it's a box. Around here anyway.
Same here. I've seen a few older-ish (40s) people in xA's as well. I'd say the oldest person I've seen in a tC around my area was probably early 30s.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by ack154
I rarely see anyone over 25 in one around here.
Definitely a true statement. I never really realized how young of a following this car has until I joined SL. Being 37, I feel pretty out of place on this forum. When I think of "modding" a car I think HP, not interior lighting and head lights. Guess I am just getting old!

On the other hand, the tC has an aesthetically eye pleasing design and I have seen quite a few of them "modded" quite cleanly. I am not sure I would want to drop the kind of cash needed to boost the 160 HP output I was used to with my last car.

Oh well, maybe it's time to look into auto-x!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where I live, I see an older demographic driving Scions. Most people I see driving one are 40+. There's also a 65 year old man that lives on my street and he drives a tC.

Originally Posted by stalon320
I like that people are starting to see scion as a good brand, but I don't feel as "young" anymore when i drive my tC. lol.
I have to agree with that. I bought into Scion's brand image of the first time car buyer and the car for generation y, but so far, I haven't seen much of that.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:01 PM
SL Member

I'm one of 3 tC's in the area.

One RS.1 in the area that I've only ever seen once, had an older gentleman driving, he was around 60, cool guy.

One 2008 FM with the ped spoiler, some fat cow with her fat cow friends, I had thought it had lowering springs on it before they started hearding out of the car, no determing the age, too fat.

And of course myself. I'm 23, bought my tC in California in Mar '05. Drove it to the homeland in late '06 right before snowfall. Went overseas and since then only have come home during the summer, my tC has never seen a winter. How wonderful is that?

There isn't a Toyota dealer in my area, people have to drive about 80 miles to get to one. It's kind of nice but kind of irritating being stared at ALL the time when you drive around town. You'd think I was driving a Ferrari or a Bugatti or something.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I myself have seen 2 or 3 people driving tc's over forty. M y cousins mother in law purchased one recently and she is over forty. Her car actually has an after market lip kit , trd springs, and a 10in. speaker in the back.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see mostly younger kids driving tC's in my area. I feel so old and out of place driving mine.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I got mine, people started to notice it parked outside and one of my neighbors that is 80 years old got one like 2 month later lol he is 80 but has the energy of a 20 year old, he use to be a Marine. I asked why he got one and he said he liked the sporty body style from looking at mine.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

hmm, i have to agree that the only "older" people i see driving scions are xBs. all the people i see in tCs (girls and guys) are all really young.

there is rumored older guy with gold rims in a sw tc at my work, but i've never actually seen him, just his car, lol.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i saw this one guy mid 50s maybe low 60s with an rs2 with a trd exhaust he was checking out my car from the gas station he was stopped at while i was at a red light so i gave it a little rev and he was amazed. he could not stop looking at my car he was smiling and giving a thumbs up. it was pretty cool i must say.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Out here in Cali I see all ages (of legal driving age that is) driving the tC. Just like the xB.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is age stereotyping....lol

At The AlphaSquad show we threw....some really old dude looked like he was in his 60's or something...Won "Wildest tC" it was a Nice tC....I saw a lot of Older people driving tC's at least in SoCal....
Old 08-05-2008, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

allot of old people with xB's around here....
Old 08-05-2008, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

LOL what were those old folks thinking.........
Old 08-05-2008, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where i live, i usually see alot of drivers in the late 20s and mid 30s to 40s driving Tc. and most of them are FEMALES. got me thinking....am i driving a GIRL'S CAR????? like a Celica, that's a girl's car when the Supra is a guy's car. but i guess overall, the majority is still teenage kids with ragging hormones living out their TOO FAST TOO FURIOUS dreams.....causing insurance premiums to be sky high.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

older folks go to a toyota dealer looking for a corolla and see the tc sitting there with all its features for basically the same price as the corolla and just opt for it....its a nice little coupe for those on a fixed income.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's mostly young people. WEnt clubbing several time and there's always several tC's in the lot.

It's common to see Older people drive tC as well, but usually just stock. No lip kit, no drop. tC are great value car.

===========================================================
Oh yeah, I've seen several riced up Honda civic (racing tailaight, slam body kit, giant spoiler) being driven by a 40 somethign year old moms. I wonder if they're driving their sons cars because it looks so bad it's embarrassing. It's funny that you think some dorky wannabe racing/ high school kid is driving a riced civic, it end up being a 40 something soccer mom.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dangit i still only see girls driving it. And then beastly old me comes along. w00t!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all 16 years of me feels very old in my tC

Quick Reply: TC- Owner Aging!!- A Thought