Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

tC production problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 03:18 AM
Bel
5 Year Member

Default tC production problems

I see alot of posts from people who are just itching to find something wrong with their cars.

Remember people, this car is brand new and was put together relatively quick. We all knew this when we started lining up, all smiles and giggles, and bragging about how cheap the car costs were. This being said, I am completely, 100% satisified that the 17500 odd I paid for my silver streak was the BEST value for a new car that I have ever seen.

Yes, it has problems, as do all new production cars. Yes, I have spots on my rear glass ( yes, i tinted over them, and you cant even tell) I feel for those people who have defects on their cars, but this is starting to get stupid. ABS brakes, regardless of model of car, have serious deficiencies.

The car is under warranty so if there are problems just march over to the dealership and have them fixed. If they wont, then report them to Scion. Quite simple.

IMO, unless you spent over 30g for a vehicle then you MUST expect that quality will suffer for price, and I am quite positive that when a new model of car (coupe, sports car, hatchback, whatever) comes out the owners always report problems.

The only difference is that the tC crowd is a little more knowledgeable about vehicles and therefore can pick the little things out quicker.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am sure Toyota is starting to regret targeting young buyers now that they relize how demanding and _____y we are.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member

Whats this "we" ____? You got a mouse in your pocket? Speaking French?
Old 08-15-2004, 08:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whats this "we" ____? You got a mouse in your pocket? Speaking French?

I see alot of posts from people who are just itching to find something wrong with their cars.

Remember people, this car is brand new and was put together relatively quick. We all knew this when we started lining up, all smiles and giggles, and bragging about how cheap the car costs were. This being said, I am completely, 100% satisified that the 17500 odd I paid for my silver streak was the BEST value for a new car that I have ever seen.

Yes, it has problems, as do all new production cars. Yes, I have spots on my rear glass ( yes, i tinted over them, and you cant even tell) I feel for those people who have defects on their cars, but this is starting to get stupid. ABS brakes, regardless of model of car, have serious deficiencies.

The car is under warranty so if there are problems just march over to the dealership and have them fixed. If they wont, then report them to Scion. Quite simple.

IMO, unless you spent over 30g for a vehicle then you MUST expect that quality will suffer for price, and I am quite positive that when a new model of car (coupe, sports car, hatchback, whatever) comes out the owners always report problems.

The only difference is that the tC crowd is a little more knowledgeable about vehicles and therefore can pick the little things out quicker.
ppl talking to other ppl about a problem w/ their tc isn't a bad thing. it's trying to help everyone out and see if it is a serious problem. if you are sick of it, stop reading the posts about them. you're like some one _____ing about a radio show, just change the channel.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

In comparing some G35 (6mt.net) and Acura TL (acura-tl.com) forums that I have browsed through the # of early prodcution problems that relate and the # of gripes seem to be significantly less with the tC.

In these 30K+ cars complaints of sagging headliners, rattles and more rattles, memory seats that reset, sqeaking brakes, and on and on!

I personally think Toyota did a wonderful job with the build quality of this new model considering the price point! I have had no problems so far with my tC that is worth complaining about.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sometimes i might have a hard time shifting to reverse.... i tried shaking it side by side then into reverse and it wouldnt go all the way in or even if i shift to 1st then back to reverse it wouldnt let me....

but usually i get to it in a few seconds....

my 5th gear vibrates a tiny bit at some point in time.
im not sure i did burn the clutch a few times in 5th gear by mistake.

and that seat belt alarm is annoying! wheres the fuse for that thing?????

the way this car is design(exterior) which is very solid, if you get a ding its pretty noticable...

i just found a rattle on my drivers side door. for me as the driver i can hear it. its because i put the bass up really high so its just booming 24-7. that rattle i hear is were the plastic circle part of the lower bottom handle, just press it in and the rattle is gone. it just sounds like a buzz.....

but overall i still love this car...

when switch through lanes i be like "out of the way! tC _____!"
Old 08-16-2004, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Diluvium
my 5th gear vibrates a tiny bit at some point in time.
im not sure i did burn the clutch a few times in 5th gear by mistake.
How?

It's easy: wear your seat belt.

when switch through lanes i be like "out of the way! tC _____!"
On second thought, I guess you could leave your seatbelt off.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually there is a procedure to turn the seat belt alarm off in the tech manual. I don't remember which one though, but you have to redo it each time you disconnect the battery.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's easy: wear your seat belt.

I 2nd that, I always forget to put my seat belt on and that is bad, you should always wear a seat belt!
Old 08-16-2004, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's what you get for buying a first year car with so many new and unproven features on it.