5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

lol well atleast it had a happy ending :D
Old 09-19-2009, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea kinda the body shop broke the clip for my skirt and the clip for my window wedge thing? Now theres a little rust spot inside of my passenger side door i have no idea how im gonna fix that.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Lets see I got a couple
1.My cousin runs over a cat leaves a big chunk of bumper missing a month after I got it
2.I try to custom paint my bumper...goes horribly wrong, so now I got a ugly painted bumper with a chunk missing
3.My cousin is driving again rear ends a suburban leaving 6 k in repairs,(after I got my scion fixed I end up giving him a nice little lesson on how to properly apply the brakes...effing funny he had no seat belt)
4.Finally I got a good looking front after repair until bumper paint starts chipping off horribly a year later
5.Sister bent right side view mirror now its holding on with glue and hopes
6.Apperently some thugs have a grudge against my family, 2 weeks ago my inlaws bmw got broken into and they stole the stereo, a week later my dads van gets keyed leaving a nice big X on his right door, my scion is parked right outside the living room window so now I'm sleeping on the living room couch right next to the window with my chihuahua guard dog...If he hears someone outside he immediatly goes to the window and If he doesnt recognize them he starts barking like crazy!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

My 06 tC in completely random order:
-After a few months of ownership, i parked waaaaaaay out back at work and this shopping cart miraculously made it's way into the whole side of my car, scraping the paint completely off. It rained, so it then rusted.
-Joined SE: Pittsburgh chapter, what a joke I don't even think there is an SE Pittsburgh chapter anymore, lol
-Put in TYCs and a few months later when the first cold front came in I guess the tail light gave a little and it was forever filled with condensation.
-bought a full RS 1 lip kit. Was going to get it painted and installed, but ended up having to sell it due to below reasons.
-decided that since nice weather was finally coming around, i'd make an appt at the body shop to get the shopping cart incident repaired. turned out a semi driver didn't quite pass me all the way on the interstate going 65 mph and completely changed into my lane, side-swiping my car, causing it to roll several times. i opened my eyes after all the awful sounds and found my car still running. In fact, they drove it onto the tow-truck.
-turns out the car was deemed totaled.
-i ordered an 07 RS the following day and got a grampa camry as a rental.
-made a deal with the dealership i'd pay so much each day for the camry, and 3 months later when i returned it, i didn't pay a dime. (i think they forgot lol)

My 07 tC in completely random order:

-Got a flat and had to use the sex yellow spare for a few days until my tired got in.
-Missed a show because I got another flat DRIVING to the actual show.
-Discount Tire mounted/balanced my Work wheels and lost my Rays lug nut key.
-My Hotchkis rear sway bar didn't line up properly and wouldn't go on the stiffest setting.
-My front sway bar I couldn't even get on so I broke down and had to take it to the dealership. =(
-Hit a tire tread on the interstate going 75 mph. Shattered my one RS headlight, ripped out my whole fender liner, and gave some nice battle scars.
-Had a tire tread flung up in the air by this pompus GTO driver. Knocked my tow hook cover off (broke it actually). It's now glued on. How ghetto.
-Got my header off some tool on SL and he failed to mention the one part was stripped and it was too late to go out to home depot/lowes... So the stock header had to go BACK on for the time being.
-Had the stupid Drift Spec exhaust burn my bumper on an 8 hour (more like 12 hour) road trip to New Mexico.
-On my move across country, the corner of my taillight chipped. luckily and I have no idea why, the dealer covered it under warranty. i took it back to get it replaced and they installed the AMBER tyc light instead of the RS one. What an idiot. Took it back to get it replaced and they ordered the same (wrong) taillight again. I had to drive with that amber one for over a week.
-had some weird creepy guy stalk me and find the exact apt i lived in and all he wanted to do was talk about tCs. (he had an RS 1 with a mismatched body kit and all this other ricey crap on it. Plus he was trying to get me to join his car club Twizted Metal lol)
-Ordered a polished Fujita intake, received the wrong one.
-Ordered a CF engine cover from Racing Solution... turned yellow in a few weeks
-Countless Oznium transformers blown. (Including the one I found last night)
-received a DOA full TBL
-paid to have my taillights tinted, then a few weeks later i realized one LED was burned out so Toyota had to replace the whole taillight assembly. That was fun.
-Rubbed so bad in the rear that i went through a set of tires.
-my paint on my back bumper decided to chip off in three different places. don't know how the heck that happened.
-iKONA key hole plugs... need I say more????????? I asked for Blizzard Pearl, got this entirely different color white and never got a refund.
-waited patiently with this one co. over a CF hatch garnish (was sent three pieces, all of which did not fit). finally got one that fit and then the screws fell off. had to gorilla glue them back on. how ghetto.
-took a total of three days to get my CF hatch on because i couldn't seem to find the problem that one blown fuse was causing... after I checked the fuses and had someone else check them too.
-Got my S2K antenna stolen a total of three times
-Got my valve stem caps stolen
-Had some nice illegal mexicans wipe their fingers all over my car to write in the Arizona dust "Sock my **** Bihtc" and "Sock it" countless times all over the car (No, there was no typo in that)
-In response to that, I wrote "Go back to Mexico or LEARN English if you plan on staying in my country."
-Ordered these harnesses that wouldn't stay tight. If I moved forward, they would loosen up. Real nice there.
-Ordered new sparco carbon fiber pedals and received used ones
-Ordered this underbody and didn't receive any mounting hardware.
-Paid $100 for PDR and THE NEXT DAY got a door ding on the same door
-Dead battery within 1.5 years of ownership/20,000 miles
-2nd gear synchro grinds and the dealership thinks the noise is from my CAI
-Rock hit my front windshield below my wiper and spidered.
-Took off my radio door cover.. Now I can't seem to figure out how to get it back on
-took the car to Scion United. The valet driver ended up damaging the car and I got a nice check from it that paid off the rest of my car, giving me title in hand, lol.
-the unexplained keeps draining my battery, so every two weeks when i start it, i need to find my jumper cables first. (i know i should just unhook the battery, but i'm forgetful most of the times lol)

There's probably more I am forgetting...

Last edited by toeveryhour; 09-24-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:51 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

lol damn thats a pretty steep list!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got a small list:

-After owning the car for 4 months went to go into a turn lane and part of it was missing and bent my right front rim. Had to get a new one.
-Went away to school and someone scratch my door with a purse or bookbag
-Was at school and hit a curb because someone came around the sharp curve going to my dorm too fast which took a small chunk out of my tire and rim.
-went to the dealer to get a inspection and someone there opened my door into something putting a big chip in the right side door, but I didnt realize it until the next day
-Was driving down the road and someone was mowing their lawn and shot a rock out that put a small chip and dent in the passenger side quarter panel
-Went to Florida and my friend was driving and when we stopped for gas he opened my door into the gas pump barrier thing which put a 1" long crease line under the handle

Think that is about it
Old 09-24-2009, 03:26 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

well lets see, starting with my 05 tc,
-car got broken into which lead to glass being in the door which made lots of noise
-got lots of door dings
-hit a island curb not seeing it and getting a flat right away, bent 2 rims, also another flat the next day
-when i bought it, it was an auto
-car got stolen and they stripped it, then lite it on fire
my 08
-on my 4th s/c
-second short block
-2nd oil line
-2 bad bov
-faded black suede interior
-all 4 bent rims
-curb rash on side of lip kit
-hid went out in about 2 months
-spent about a total of 1 month in dealership
-airbag light stays on due to aftermarket steering wheel
-stress cracks on cf fenders and hood.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

- taking my tC for a test drive with no side mirrors... or dealer plate and i get pulled over

- bottom grille popped out while driving on the highway and hit a bird

- installed figure grilles and hit another bird and bent a part of it

- hid relays got messed up due to water and rusted/corroded

- sunroof unable to close compeletely and spent 8+ hours at the dealer getting a new roof put in (at 22k miles)

- Water pump going at 34k miles, and finally got it fixed at 35k

- bent hood prop rod, some how.

- Front bumper no longer fits correctly after taking it on and off all the time

- 3" hole in the front inner fender liners from tires rubbing on them

- 2 dead tire pressure sensors in OEM wheels, so i sold the wheels with everything

- windshield having a billion small chips in it

- hatch glass having unexplainable scratches on it

- numerous chips in the paint on the hood and fenders

- hatch isnt centered correctly anymore

- weird small "dents" on the A Pillars back to the C Pillars (on the outside of the car, possibly due to body flex)
Old 09-24-2009, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by JOHNNYZX10R
HEY guys, hey checo anyways here is my wonderful story

1. Got brand new scion in 2005 after civic got stolen, 5 months later I went to the movies and after movie car was gone (stolen)
2. Got a used 2006 tic with turbonetics kit had it for 8 months , went to Orlando to visit friends and yes car got stolen from Orlando .
3. Went to dealer got my self a white 2007 Tc 0 miles
500 miles into the car I blew rear tire so bad that the rim got bent
4. 07 Tc got a pioneer z4 installed had it for 2 months, went to the hand out did a little burn out, car shuts down electrical problem.
5. 07 tc called tow truck to pick up car at 2 am after electrical I went home with a friend , when he got there it was 6 am , guy broke carbon fiber lip , front bumper and hks exhaust got road rash .
6. 07 tc took car to dealer to find out pioneer z4 was installed wrong , so no warranty , took them 3 days to find problem took complete dash out and 1800 bucks later problem was solved.
7. Finally got lowjack on car
8. 07 tc one night I was going home in a really bad rain storm , and 2 blocks from home I dived into a pond of water , hydro lock engine , had to push car in the rain to the house , when I got home I parked car next to a tree, next day woke up and tree branch fell making a 2 cracks on sunroof .
9. 07 Tc Insurance got me a used motor with 20 thousand miles, after 1 month engine blew up in the highway
10 07 tc got second engine from insurance , got turbonetics turbo installed (used ) after 1 month turbo seals were gone so took turbo off
11. 07 Tc got a complete carbon fiber lip kit, went to movies and got rear and front lip stolen
12. 07 tc after 2nd engine in tc my original transmission is going out so now I need one .
13. GOT a second scion with a blown motor so when something happens to my 07 I can drive the 05.
I know I have more bad things but for now this is the worst for me
14 . I was going to south beach with girl and you know how the streets are very small, so im parking to get into the club and i open the door and the wonderful wind takes door from my hands and i have the luck of having a corvette passing by and all my white paint rash his red car....... that was fun explaining to insurance.

This has got to be one of the first times i have heard of a tC getting stollen, did you have auto start? That is the only way i could believe this.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, I am glad I haven't had any of that stuff happen to my car, my list seems very small compared to some peoples.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think I wrote one already but I'll do it again

- Hit and run on my car while parked within months of getting the car.. messed up my bumper pretty badly
- Old exhaust burnt my rear bumper.. which is still messed up by the way
- Forgot to pull up the ebrake............. major fail on my part and my car rolled off of my driveway and into the neighbors curb where it further proceeded to mess up my bumper
- Was messing with my intake to fix the weird positioning and ran out quickly without making sure it was on correctly to pick up a part.. second piece came off of the first and ended up sitting in my wheel well while i was on the freeway which i thought was fine.. just gotta hurry back home and fix it. Well apparently I forgot to bolt on my fender lining and my splash guard so that ripped off on my way back.. filter came off of the intake since my wheel kept hitting it and i ended up running over it.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

so far my only one is a recent one.....my gauge cluster needs replaced because the gas gauge failed and drops all the way down and to the left (towards the engine temp) when off, and at full tank goes to 1/4 tank
Old 09-24-2009, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My biggest epic fail-

Name:  P4000908.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  19.3 KB

Sitting at stop light minding my own business. Look down at the center console and look up to find a freakin' Chevy Lumina slide into me. I just wanted a early, Saturday morning, quiet, stroll.....

My poor tC hasn't been the same but its he's trying his damnest! Improper motor mount installation by the repair shop: car shakes quite well. Also, body shop overspray paint on my windshield trim, lost my original bolts to hold the ground effects and let them hang, scrape up my TRD CAI. Probably did about 2,500s worths of damage but charged my insurance company $6,500!

-----

Try to paint interior console went bad (All good now)
Agency Power exhaust w/o whole piping is burning up the bumper (Oh well )
Wheel Bearings possibly went bad (could be something else like improper installation of brakes caused by my cousin?)
Brake light is flashing (needs new pads: "Oh why don't you get drilled & slotted rotors?")
TRD suspension needs to be replaced (I see a future in Coilovers)
Bought some wheels back in May: They are too heavy, I hate them. (Selling them to big sister and buying some lightweight OZs with expensive tires with tax return in Jan.)
Burn out center console & automatic shifter lights
Hit nasty pothole: blew two tires and freaked up the rims too

Last edited by XPRESSCION; 09-24-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Forgot to mention-

Been pulled over 6 times!

......my insurance is STILL under $100.00s a month!

Gotta love Wisconsin: DMV keeps their records off limits to other DMVs & also includes insurance companies LOL
Old 09-24-2009, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh i got pulled over for doing 95 in a 65 got a warning
Got pulled over again for 95 in a 65 about a few months later paid some fines never made it back to my insurance.
doing 60 in a 50 just cruising cop pulls me over and gives me a seat belt ticket for speeding... wtf
Old 09-24-2009, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think i might win this one.. labeled it on an old picture of my car for irony sake.. doesnt look anything like it does now... just imagine this car but beat the hell out of..

Name:  car-damage-2.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  115.9 KB
Name:  car-damage.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  119.7 KB

this isnt everything.. jsut the stuff that wasnt my fault.. there are a few more things i broke..
Old 09-25-2009, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^def. the most creative lol
Old 09-25-2009, 01:35 AM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kanchi
This has got to be one of the first times i have heard of a tC getting stollen, did you have auto start? That is the only way i could believe this.
Mine was stolen by the dealership who sold the car at the auto auction or some crap like that. They had the spare key.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hix
Mine was stolen by the dealership who sold the car at the auto auction or some crap like that. They had the spare key.

What did the dealer do for you?

I would fork the money for a pack of lawyers if they never agreed to be on my side. Sue the f*** out of them.

Guys, for any future reference when getting service give them the vallet key & wait there. Yeah, that would be something interesting for a service manager to explain face to face.....
Old 09-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XPRESSCION
What did the dealer do for you?

I would fork the money for a pack of lawyers if they never agreed to be on my side. Sue the f*** out of them.

Guys, for any future reference when getting service give them the vallet key & wait there. Yeah, that would be something interesting for a service manager to explain face to face.....
They got arrested, my car is pretty damn noticeable and they were caught pretty fast. Nothing else after that, I think I got like 250 bucks or some sht.

Quick Reply: Thread of tC FAIL!