Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Toyota Motor Sales - Scion Tour

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member

yeah i applied for the marketing/advertising summer intern in august 08. iono what im gonna do till then lol graduating early next qt. I did pretty good on the midterm not as well as i wanted but damn multiple choice killed me, who the hell would think 6 C's in row would be the right answers.

Also AlexWilson, what does DSPM stand for? I've talked to our DM (district manager? i think it was Tawan) long time ago but didn't really have luck getting a response. I applied last year to for the CSI 07 intern program but didn't get any email or phone call so don't know what really happened to that.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:27 AM
5 Year Member

Default ...

Originally Posted by bkomi
What does DSPM stand for? I've talked to our DM (district manager? i think it was Tawan) long time ago but didn't really have luck getting a response. I applied last year to for the CSI 07 intern program but didn't get any email or phone call so don't know what really happened to that.
DSPM is District Parts and Service Manager. I think I met who you're talking about a long time ago. I just mentioned it because if the district manager is willing to submit your resume on their behalf, you may increase your odds of getting at least an interview instead of a denial. Also with the interview, you'll have someone to contact to followup with.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bkomi
yeah i applied for the marketing/advertising summer intern in august 08. iono what im gonna do till then lol graduating early next qt. I did pretty good on the midterm not as well as i wanted but damn multiple choice killed me, who the hell would think 6 C's in row would be the right answers.
Hey Bryan, do they have the marketing/advertising application up on the Toyota career site? The only 2 that I see are the Corporate Tax Internship and the Automotive Technology one. If you could linkme to the CSI for Marketing/Advertising I would greatly appreciate it! =] And i feel ya on the midterm, i got a 96, which isn't killer, but dude...got killed by multiple choice lol
Old 11-11-2007, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hey dude, I just looked, I don't see it up there yet...I'm not sure which one he saw. I keep in touch with my bosses regularly so as soon as they have some info I'll pass it along to you.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member

Really? I just checked and it was there. on the job search page i filtered it by College Program - New Graduates. I saw the 08 CSI program but isn't the CSI program for those who are still in college? Since I'm graduating I applied for the Sales, Service and Marketing Trainee program. For you guys who went through or in the programs have you guys graduated college?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member

Default ...

For the MT (Sales, Marketing and Management Trainee) program, which is what I'm in, you have to have a 4-year degree. I graduated in 2006 and started here in January.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweeet, thanks Chris! Oh, Bryan, I'm still gonna be in college next year, which could be why..haha, Still a 3rd year, well hopefully we'll both be working at Toyota Corp!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member

Ah yes that would be awesome. thankfully I will have a 4 year degree which im hoping to finish up early by next quarter muhaha. I got my service manager today to contact the DSPM so hopefully I can get some help. Also at work today, I think the old service manager from power of irvine (he helped me with some rattle issues back then) was at newport looking for a new lexus. A co-worker said he works for TRD now. I hope one day I'll be a TMS employee, isn't that right Wes? haha.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: ...

Originally Posted by AlexWilson
I'm in DOD (distribution/production planning) right now. I just applied to Lexus Central but I have my doubts. I'll probably be in DOD for a while. As far as the IS350, I just got it 3 weeks ago. I love that thing. I guess you do too. Have you driven the IS-F yet? The IS-F made me want to cancel the IS and pay the fee.

I might be coming back to the CEC from time to time though, just because there's not a lot to do. Has it slowed down a lot since it's fall/winter?

Oh nice, in DOD that sounds pretty awesome. Good luck with Lexus Central--
I haven't driven the IS-F but I don't want to-- I found out that 2 out of the 4 exhaust on the back are fake! ... hahah ok that's not the real reason, but I am dissapointed in that-- I just know if I drive it I'll want it, and quite frankly the IS350 is expensive enough hahah so I won't tempt myself--

As for the CEC, well I can't speak for Toyota which is ALWAYS busy compared to Scion, but for Scion it's slowed down quite a bit since summer time-- so you'd come back to the CEC? like, for visits??? or....haha I can't imagine you'd want to come back to take calls haha