Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

TRD spring install quotes needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default TRD spring install quotes needed

Hey this is a question for the dealers and people who have had the springs put on. How much is your dealer charging to install the springs? I have some one the way and i think the dealer here is highballing me on the install. Im trying to find out what everyone else is charging for it first. Please dont include the cost of springs jsut the install itself.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Free spring compressor rental from autozone and about 45 minutes of time. Springs are one of the easiest mods anyone can do. Find some local Scion buddys and just do it.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we charge $96 but we have a special team doing doing the install. dealers charge anywhere from $200 to $300 to install springs.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hear its a _____ to install the back springs.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$96 to install the springs is an incredible deal. The only quote I've seen so far has been $240 for installation.

If the dealer puts them on does the warranty stay intact? Like, let's say a strut goes bad after a year or so, would it be replaced under warranty?
Old 07-07-2004, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

with no spring compressor the total install time was under an hour. the back springs took all of 15 min. dont be afraid to get your hands dirty, just do it and you will see how easy it is. if you go to the dealer they can give you a copy of the pages relating to spring instalation from the service manual. dont pay for what you dont have to.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

i do xA's and xB's all the time for $50. tC's are a little bit more work. Prolly $80-$90.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default part #

anyone know the part # for TRD lowering springs for the tC?
Old 07-07-2004, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea some places charge 50 per wheel so 96 for all of them is a nice deal.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: part #

Originally Posted by nero tC
anyone know the part # for TRD lowering springs for the tC?
00602-48130-035

$166.80 from Partznet.com.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$71.00 to lower the xB/xA, and probabally about $80.00 for the tC (don't quote me on that though)... :D
Old 07-07-2004, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default warranty

Originally Posted by JasonH
$96 to install the springs is an incredible deal. The only quote I've seen so far has been $240 for installation.

If the dealer puts them on does the warranty stay intact? Like, let's say a strut goes bad after a year or so, would it be replaced under warranty?
i was also wondering this? how does it affect warranty anybody know? and thanks for the part #.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is from TRD's US webpage.

LEVEL 1 SPORT PARTS

Applicability

The first 5 digits of the TRD part number must be "00602" to be considered a Level 1 Sport Part. Part must be installed by a Toyota dealer on a Toyota vehicle and be specifically approved by TRD for the particular application.

WARRANTY COVERGE

12 months, regardless of mileage, from the date of installation on the vehicle or the remainder of any applicable new vehicle warranty, whichever provides greater coverage with the following exceptions:
TRD Superchargers - Dealer-installed TRD Supercharger systems are warranted by TRD for 12 months or for the remainder of the vehicle's Toyota Powertrain Warranty when installed by a Toyota dealer.
The TRD supercharger warranty covers not only the defective dealer-installed TRD supercharger, but also any Toyota-warranted part that is damaged or caused to fail by the defective dealer-installed TRD part.
Additionally, TRD offers a limited lifetime warranty feature on dealer-installed shocks and struts that becomes effective from the date the Toyota Comprehensive Warranty expires and extends for as long as the original purchasing customer owns the vehicle. The limited lifetime extension covers parts replacement only (no labor) and requires the submission of a copy of the dealer repair order as original purchase verification. This warranty claim must be submitted directly to TRD.
TRD Performance Air Filters - Are guaranteed for the life of your vehicle against workmanship and material defects as long as the original purchaser owns it.
Dealer-installed TRD body enhancement kits* are warranted by TRD for 12 months or for the remainder of the vehicle’s Toyota Comprehensive Warranty when installed by a Toyota dealer. Defects covered include, excessive orange-peel paint appearance, color mismatch, warpage, cracked body parts and dull paint.
*Conditions not warranted by TRD include: 1) Paint flaws caused by conditions such as industrial fallout, acid rain, scratches, dents, nicks, chips or other Acts of Nature; 2) Damages due to collision, accident damage, abuse and normal wear-and-tear; 3) Normal paint aging conditions; 4) Special order body kits are sold without warranty.

GENERAL TRD WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS COVERING ALL TRD LEVEL 1 SPORT PARTS

The TRD Level 1 Sport Parts warranty covers not only the defective dealer-installed TRD Sport Part, but also any Toyota-warranted parts that is damaged the bye defective dealer-installed TRD part.

TRD warrants that, unless specified otherwise, all emissions-sensitive TRD Level 1 Sport Parts have been certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) via its Executive Order (EO) procedure not to cause increased vehicle emissions.

TRD does not warrant that all TRD Level 1 Sport Parts will meet all local codes, laws and regulations. Consumers are responsible for complying with the applicable local and state regulations.

What is Covered

Any repair or replacement which becomes necessary due to a defect in materials or workmanship is warrantable with the exception of the items listed under "What Is Not Covered."

What is Not Covered

Any repair necessitated by faulty installation of dealer-installed parts is warranted to the installing dealer. Parts used in any application for which they were not designed are not warranted.

Labor is not warranted for over-the-counter accessory repairs or replacements or for cars outside the time/mileage limitations of the Toyota new vehicle warranty. Please see your local Toyota dealer for additional warranty details.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:23 PM

installation at the scion central is 100.00, if anyone is interested! :D

Old 07-07-2004, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Thrawn
This is from TRD's US webpage.
Awesome. So that means as long as you have the dealer install the TRD springs (or TRD sway bar, exhaust, supercharger, wheels, etc.) the factory warranty remains. I will pay to have my TRD accessories installed by the dealer just so there's no question if warranty issues arise.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default warranty

unless i'm not reading correctly which may be the case...

i wasn't talking about the warranty on the springs themselves i was talking about how it affects the tC's warranty, in case of damage that is done to the tC itself that the springs may cause in a probably unlikely incident.

i hope i'm making sense, probably not...
Old 07-08-2004, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: warranty

Originally Posted by nero tC
unless i'm not reading correctly which may be the case...

i wasn't talking about the warranty on the springs themselves i was talking about how it affects the tC's warranty, in case of damage that is done to the tC itself that the springs may cause in a probably unlikely incident.

i hope i'm making sense, probably not...
It says that in the warranty above.
The TRD Level 1 Sport Parts warranty covers not only the defective dealer-installed TRD Sport Part, but also any Toyota-warranted parts that is damaged by the defective dealer-installed TRD part.
So if your dealer-installed TRD springs cause your shocks to fail, both the TRD springs and your shocks are covered.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default thanks

ok sorry i must have missed that, thanks for clearing it up! I just wanted to make sure.