Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

well i guess it was my turn...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 04:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default well i guess it was my turn...

i've read so many posts on here about tC accidents, and have always felt for bad for everyone who's gone through it.

well tonight was my turn. i got rear-ended while i was at a stop. the lady tried to avoid me, but she didn't pull to the right in time. so my rear right bumper is dented, scraped, and there's a hole in it from god knows what. my exhaust tip is missing and my exhaust was on the ground. i had it towed so i don't know if any damage was done to the back wheel, but i'm sure it will need an alignment. we dropped it off at a body shop already, and hopefully there's no more damage than what i could see. sorry, it was dark and the pics we took are horrible. i might be able to get some later though. right now my biggest concern is being able to get to school and work tomorrow....ahh midterms.

and everyone was okay, just sore, which is something to be thankful for. it sucks big time that this happened, and i feel so unhappy about my car, but it's a lot easier to accept knowing it wasn't my fault and it will all be paid for. and hopefully my car will be as good as new again (seeing as how it still is pretty darn new....)

thanks for listening.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member

I am so sorry to hear of the damage to your tC

I'm just thankful that noone was hurt.. Hopefully it will be repaired quickly and be good as new in no time.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

very true...i'm leaving for a week in hawaii this saturday so i'm hoping it might be done by the time i get back...but who knows. thanks for the kind words.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

that blows. Hope everything gets worked out.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:53 AM
5 Year Member

you just never know.... well glad everyone is ok.... and i hope it gets fixed fast...
Old 02-16-2005, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i almost got hit last night pulling out of a wawa a H2 came within an inch of hittng my 1/4 panel i was so ____ed she was backing up as i was pulling out the things are so big and pointless sorry to here bout ur accident hope everything is ok when you get back
Old 02-16-2005, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ouch, but at least she attempted to avoid you- a direct hit would have been a lot worse. Good luck getting it all fixed!
Old 02-16-2005, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, mine got hit several months ago. Main thing is to sit back relax, get a rental that they pay for, and wait for them to call you that it is fixed. Probably will take 2-3 weeks. Good luck.

Kevin
Old 02-16-2005, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

sori to hear that bro....
I can feel your pain because just few weeks ago a lady who I'm trying to fix her computer didn't see my car parked right at the driveway accidentally backed up her SUV punching a hole right in the front bumper. Glad to know she'll pay for it :D time to get a KAMINARI kit....
Old 02-16-2005, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mksm2000
sori to hear that bro....
im female but thanks

Originally Posted by Chaos_Being
Ouch, but at least she attempted to avoid you- a direct hit would have been a lot worse. Good luck getting it all fixed!

good point, i hadn't thought of that. thanks for the insight
Old 02-17-2005, 09:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is an upside.... your going to hawaii for a week. at least it wasnt a hit and run, everything will be taken care of
Old 02-17-2005, 12:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

got any pictures?
Old 02-17-2005, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear about that! atleast your ok. not to be a dr or anything but you should get checked out just in case from you personal dr. How hard did she hit u?? she was prob on her damn cell phone!!! i hate when ppl dont pay attention...

good luck and i hope she has good insurance and not a flakey company just make sure you dont get screwed..

oh yeah where did it happen? what kinda car did the ther person have??
Old 02-17-2005, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Sorry to hear....maybe it was just some weird anti-AP tC thing the last few days. Someone backed into my car last night as well. *snarl* Well, hope you get it all fixed soon. My fender is only dented- no big deal- but I was still ____ed....Good luck!!
Old 02-17-2005, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

nope no pictures, it was too dark and we didn't bring a camera to the body shop. i don't even want to see my car again til she's fixed. i'm so sad right now.

i'm feeling okay but i'm not going to sign away my medical rights for a few weeks, just to be sure. but thanks. the impact definetly wasn't bad, she was braking and only hit the corner, i'd say she was going about 15-20 at the moment of impact. and surprisingly enough she wasn't on her phone. i watched her hit me in my mirror and she had both hands on the wheel. just following too close or not paying enough attention. we all stoppped short because the car in front of me had. and she's with mercury and everything is going smoothly so far. she was in a 2003 acura 2.3cl, but i believe she said something about it being her sons car. i may have misunderstood.

sorry to hear about your tC's boo-boo inkprincess...it hurts us too, doesn't it?