Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

what is the resonable price for 30k maintenance???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do it yourself and save the $200+, It's easy to change oil, brake pads, plugs, and change your tranny fluid. There are plenty of DIY guides on here.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yep, doing it yourself will save much more money.

my 05 has 40k and all i really have done to it is oil changes and clean my filter(injen). change the brake pads and redid the rotors and that is about all i have done to the car.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^check your tranny fluid, ima change mine next week
Old 02-20-2009, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i only paid $140 for mine
Old 02-20-2009, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Its a Toyota,you wont need anythang for a while
Old 02-20-2009, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow this is funny yet sadly rediculous, im at 16,500 and i still havent gotten my 15,000 mat. because i feared it was going to be rediculously expensive, and sure enough it is. i already work 7 days a week split between to jobs and due to the poop economy my construction job is just about nil. i can barely pay for my car and insurance as is, toyota can suck huevos.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have never gotten a maintenance from the dealer on my car, maybe the first 5-6 oil changes when my car was NA but that was it, now my friends and I do the oil changes on my car, rotate tires, pretty much everything, but if you don't have the tools or know how to do any work on your car I would recommend getting the maintenance. I'm not sure how much it is here in oregon, but it was pretty expensive last time I remember checking.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:55 AM
SL Member

They quoted me under $100 I believe. But I don't need the tires rotated since costco does it for free lifetime, and I don't need the brakes done because I've had the fronts replaced and the backs checked out recently. I also don't need a new air filter since I have a K&N. I'm actually taking mine in tomorrow around 9
Old 02-21-2009, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I changed my tranny fluid in like 5 minutes (after finding the correct size wrench for the plug). Goes by fast when doing the reverse sensor trick (filling back up via the reverse sensor on the tranny on top.)

Same with oil change.

I used a standard craftsman 100piece or something tool set to do basically everything on all of my cars. Standard socket set, buy a couple of wrenches as you need them, and a torque wrench.

Changing your plugs is expensive at the dealer but can be easily done in half an hour in your driveway with the correct size socket, extension(s), and a gapper tool.

Just my opinion. I worked in the garage of too many dealerships to trust my car with anyone but myself, ESPECIALLY the wheels. I triple check the torque on all of the lugs when i'm done.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Banned
SL Member

never go to a dealer for anything! they rip you off, miller toyota(culver city) wanted to charge me $275 to install fog lights
Old 02-21-2009, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

80k miles.

I've done all my own maintenance ^^
Old 02-21-2009, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ummm Toyota/Scion tech here not harping on the place of my employment but if all of you guys really knew what we did and whats actually on the service RO are two completely different things. Alot of those techs halfass everything. And a majority of there theroies are "Not My Car" but im a scion owner and i try to grab as many scion RO's as I can and treat them as i would my own vehicle, unless i get in it and see that you beat the ever living ____ out of it then i just dont care
Old 02-21-2009, 03:33 PM
SL Member

Just dropped off the car. They are charging 250 but 170 of that is because they are going to clean my fuel injectors.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by chad_buckwalter
Ummm Toyota/Scion tech here not harping on the place of my employment but if all of you guys really knew what we did and whats actually on the service RO are two completely different things. Alot of those techs halfass everything. And a majority of there theroies are "Not My Car" but im a scion owner and i try to grab as many scion RO's as I can and treat them as i would my own vehicle, unless i get in it and see that you beat the ever living ____ out of it then i just dont care
Techs like you are few and far between. Thats the reason I never bring my vehicle for anything unless my motor blows and i'm still under warranty.

Thanks for being a good guy though, I have met techs like you, who will punch out for the day and still hang over a car tinkering trying to figure something out because they actually want to solve the problem.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:02 PM
SL Member

Got it back. Didn't get to drive it, and won't until wednesday but my dad said it felt better, not much different though.

They did mess with the headunit like the EQ and ____ but the sub was still "OFF" when I got it back so they either turned it back off or didn't turn it on.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:20 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionsareok
Just dropped off the car. They are charging 250 but 170 of that is because they are going to clean my fuel injectors.
LOL they got ya!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RockBlocker
Just like your purchase of the Scion, the Service plans are Pure Priced as well by Scion. Have a nice day
They're supposed to be, but even my dealer has set their own pricing, it's the same for all Scion owners who go there, but not the same as Scion's pure price in the booklet, the Scion Champion at the dealer thought that was BS though and tried to get me the difference back but couldn't after the owner told him that was their policy, he told me he'd try and get me a deal on something else though cause that policy didn't fly with him so well.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

god i only go there for my oil changes... sad thing is i have free life time oil changes... muahh for daytona toyota soo what i do is buy the mobil 1 syn at wallmart take them my oil and they put it in and they supply the filter.... woooohlah they used to rotate the tires... but now i get that for free also... everything else can be tested by yourself or replaced by yourself come on now.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by RCZDesigns
Originally Posted by chad_buckwalter
Techs like you are few and far between. Thats the reason I never bring my vehicle for anything unless my motor blows and i'm still under warranty.

Thanks for being a good guy though, I have met techs like you, who will punch out for the day and still hang over a car tinkering trying to figure something out because they actually want to solve the problem.

Thanks man I try to respect the individual and there Vehicle as if there were a family member or friend. Try and make there life less stress filled by having there vehicle run and perform to spec