2005-2010 [ANT10]

What would YOU do with this CRASHED tC? PIC**

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default What would YOU do with this CRASHED tC? PIC**

So, heres comes the story. My friend crashed in to a parking car. The fender looked HORRIBLE but it wasn't that bad. They had to change the front bumper, fender, door.
My Friend ( who owns this tC) lives really far but he managed to push his car into a really nice shop not too far from me. When i went there they where fixing new corvettes, new SL benz, lexus etc etc etc..so i thought this is a nice shop!
The car was done after another week or two and when i asked the guy there, he said the car runs better than when it was new. So my friend took the car ( he doesnt know so much about cars) and left for his 300 mile trip to get home because he had to work.
Then next week he came back and he told me that the car is really messed up. Well i drove it and it is hard to steer and it pulls to the right REALLY HARD!

I was like WTF? How come they gave the car back to us like this and call it "better than new"???
I told him that he needs to take the car back but no alignment will fix the car. There is a problem with the caster, wheel hub or something...
Well.. the shop did an alignment that's it! The car was the same... WHY DID THEY GAVE IT BACK TO US if they know something is @#$@# up?
So after the second alignment the car is the same. My friend is traveling hundreds of miles to this shop and risking his job so he cant really come up too many times and spend days here to deal with this.

Now i told him to get a list what the shop fixed on his car. Btw they charged the insurance a LOT! Take the car and the list to toyota and get a certified guy checked that car out with the included list and see if those parts were really changed or there is some fraud going around....

The other thing is: He still got 20k left on this car (!!) but he doesnt really want to pay that much for a car like this. He is thinking to get a new car. But how is this stuff works? Lets say, Mazda will tell him that they would accept the car as a downpayment but XY dollars would go on the new car's price? So he would end up with a 25k mazdaspeed with another 20k on it? So the car would cost more than 40k???? for a mazdaspeed 3?

I would rather take a new bmw M3 and pay 20k more for that than a mazdaspeed with a 40k price tag.

the pic:
Old 02-19-2010, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea the dealer would give him lets say 5k, he would still owe 15k on the tc and owe 25k on the mazada. so he would a car loan for 40k.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow that is bs. gl to your friend
Old 02-19-2010, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bro , first .. i would donate said person's HID conv. kit to someone in need .. such as that guy JROK_TC . he seems like a good guy . and then , i would return the car to the dealer and say i couldn't pay for it anymore . destroy my credit . save up 5K and take another car out undersome's name .
Old 02-19-2010, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^it's not worth destroying your credit over something that can be fixed (not fixing the car but how to get rid of it) some dealers will give you a good amount and in a way it would be better to take it than to keep the car all messed up but if you have a carmax near by then take the car and see how much they are willing to give your friend. as for getting a mazdaspeed and adding what he still owes for the tC is alot better than getting a bmw m3 when it will already cost more than the speed ontop of is still owed from the tC than to pay for the M3 AND the tC as well.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If they are not fixing it, I would tell the insurance company. They can most likely make it a legal situation making the shop either pay back the insurance money or actually fix it. This shouldn't be something he has to sell the car for.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

he's going to get a ____ trade in value just bc of the accident and how much the accident cost.

get your insurance company involved. there not suppose to give you a car that isn't fixed straight
Old 02-19-2010, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Whats so hard to understand? He took out a loan on the tC, so he owes the money. He can't just say "I don't feel like paying for this car anymore" and buy another one. If he was to trade the tC in for another car, he'd be upside-down for roughly 15,000. Think of it has a negative down payment. The dealer would be buying the car from him, for A LOT less than what he owes on it.

Just curious, how the hell do you crash into a parked car, and do that much damage?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: What would YOU do with this CRASHED tC? PIC**

thanks guys. I need more input! the shop was picked by "us" not by the insurance. I don't know if this would make any change in the "lets call the insurance" plan. how do u guys feel about get someone else check the car out to see if they really changed those parts out to new ones? (or just call the insurance?) I didn't understand the answer about the mspeed3 vs m3 question.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Oh, and lol@40k for a new M3. Good luck getting one for under $60,000 .
Old 02-19-2010, 01:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by CSOCSO
thanks guys. I need more input! the shop was picked by "us" not by the insurance. I don't know if this would make any change in the "lets call the insurance" plan. how do u guys feel about get someone else check the car out to see if they really changed those parts out to new ones? (or just call the insurance?) I didn't understand the answer about the mspeed3 vs m3 question.
He owes $20,000 for the tC. No matter what car he buys, he will still owe $20,000 for the tC. The car is worth, at most, $5,000 now as a trade in. If he trades it on a $500 Geo Metro, and the dealer gives him $5,000 for the trade in, he will now owe $15,500 for a Geo Metro. He can't just get away from that debt.

A few more examples.

tC ($20,000) + MS3 ($25,000) - tC trade ($5,000) = $40,000
tC ($20,000) + M3 ($60,000) - tC trade ($5,000) = $75,000
tC ($20,000) + A bicycle ($100) - tC trade ($5,000) = $15,100
tC ($20,000) + Bus Fare ($3) - tC trade ($5,000) = $15,003

Get it?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL
Old 02-19-2010, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

i lol'd
Old 02-19-2010, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by RoboCop
If they are not fixing it, I would tell the insurance company. They can most likely make it a legal situation making the shop either pay back the insurance money or actually fix it. This shouldn't be something he has to sell the car for.
^^ agreed. If he took it to a professional shop and were asked to repair the damage... it is their responsibility to assess and then repair the damage correctly. If they dont think they can...then it is up to them to tell the customer up front that they can not do the repair.
Even if they missed something in diagnosing ALL of the actual damage, it is still on them to repair it correctly. That's what they were hired by the customer for in the first place.
Just be professional about it. And say that all the damage was not repaired/repaired correctly. And ask them to work with your friend on it. If they are working on those kinds of expensive rides... I'm sure they are a reputable enough shop to work with someone if repairs were not completed correctly the first time.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tell the insurance company. Once an insurance company gets after a shop stuff normally gets done; Because they will either A) blacklist the shop or B) get their money back for the repair in court.

Going through the same sort of issues on my car. The shop screwed up and even though I am paying them directly the insurance company said he needs to fix the situation or they would blacklist the shop.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: What would YOU do with this CRASHED tC? PIC**

carbonXe my dear...what are u talking about? ? nobody was talking about a 40k M3! where did u get that from? I said I would rather pay an extra 20k for a "super" car than having a mazdaspeed with a 40k price. than about lecturing me about the prices..... my friend... I never said that I don't understand that part of the story. I already thought that he would have to pay the extra money left from the tc top of the new car...I just wanted to make sure if I was thinking right! so I don't know why did u came up with that (i guess) funny explanation.... I didn't get what acid said about the mazdaspeed and M3. I had to read it a few times to understand it. ( Iam moving.... I have 2 job..working from 10a-2am... so I was tired and that's what I didn't understand.) UPDATE. he spoke to the insurance... looks like they didn't make a big deal out of it. but my friend told them that he'a gonna real the car back once and for all to let them fix it for good. insurance said ok. end of story for right now... I hope they fix that car good.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Ah, I misread it. I thought you were saying that you'd rather buy an M3 if you were going to spend the extra 20k. By extra, I thought you were talking about the 20k that would be spent on the MS3...not ANOTHER extra 20k lol.