Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

What's with all the hate on Scion?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 07:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A Lancer full of guys pulled up to me at a stop light and one of them yelled "Scions are weak!!"
I just looked at him and blew him a kiss. And just my luck the light turned green so I could drive off. haha

Who cares what people say. We have nice cars.

_____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-20-2020 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Year Badge
Old 06-06-2007, 12:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea I've heard a lot of guys say a lot about my tC. I really don't care because every girl I've talked to LOVES my car and thinks it's hot as hell.

Plus I can't wait til I get the turbo so I can show people that "Scion's are weak!"...lol

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-20-2020 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Year Badge
Old 06-06-2007, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

they're trying to throw you off your game.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dessilu
A lancer full of guys pulled up to me at a stop light and one of them yelled "scions are weak!!" I just looked at him and blew him a kiss. And just my luck the light turned green so I could drive off. haha

Who cares what people say. We have nice cars.
My tC is my daily... Haters will fear my other Money Pit... I'm not even shooting for Evo's or Scoobies but Porsche's and Vettes...

People are always going to hate on cars, it's the nature of the game...
Old 06-06-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When people do not know about a car they talk sh** , then when they get smoked by a supercharged tC they say WOW, that cars pretty fast.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

S/C tC's aren't even fast, you need boost in form of a turbo!

______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-20-2020 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Year Badge
Old 06-06-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I haven't met or encountered many that simply don't like the tC. When you say Scion most think of the xB which has a very mixed public opinion...however most like the tC. Perhaps Texans are just nicer?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cain't be a man's car iffn' it has lessn 8 cylinders and carbulated, and FWD is for pussies. Anybody seen my Skoal?

</redneck>
Old 06-07-2007, 02:37 AM
sgj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since I got my tC I have gotten nothing but positive remarks about it- even from some people I wouldn't expect
Old 06-07-2007, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't had anyone hate on my tC, its pretty much like 'huh? why you got wheel covers?'. Then if my friend's around he'll start droppin knowledge on em that it's a tC Spec. And I'll chime in here and there and open the car up.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Usually the people that clown me tell me that it a girls car and that they are slow.
but IMO its kind of true... a stock scion look like a car that the ladies would like to own... i.e. "cute car" its small, compact and sporty looking. and when placed next to a Mustang its diminutive size doesn't help either,.

This is why we must mod the cars and add some testosterone to them :D in the words of Tim Allen "more power, ar ar ar" I usually don't get compliments from guys, I get compliments from girls,
and its usually the type that goes like this "you have a Scion?!? I want a Scion, you are lucky!!!" or "how pretty!", I never hear my guy friends tell me "you have a Scion?!? I want one"

I think the biggest reason why its considered a girls car, is because its small sporty, pretty and did I say small?. But then.. where I live there are a lot of Asian girls, and in reality Asian girls are short,
and any short person that sits in a tC will realize that its not very accommodating for short people i.e. high window sills and huge blind spot.

Another reason for the disses is the power issue. There's no denying Scions are lacking in power and speed... its deceptive in its looks, it looks small and light but drives and feels heavier than it looks.

when I was shopping for a car, it was either an is250, new Camry or Scion tC. I chose the Scion because all the Lexus dealers wanted more than sticker and when I sat in a Camry it felt like I was sitting in an old people's car.

Now that I've had my tC for a bit, I don't give a poop if someone tells me its a girls car. It looks freakin bad ___. and once you add a lip, rims and drop it doesn't look girly. :D

_____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-20-2020 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Year Badge
Old 06-07-2007, 08:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I don't think the tC looks pretty, it simply looks nice. Yeah it's smaller than a mustang...but since when was that a bad thing? I'ld rather drive a corolla than a mustang

Mustangs are like tampons, every _____ has to have one
Old 06-07-2007, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG don't even get into Mustang owners... :p
Old 06-07-2007, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

People give us crap about our Scions because we are driving what is essentially the new school Honda. Whether it's a tC, xB, or xA, we're driving around in cheap economy cars that we modify to our liking and people make fun of us for it. Oh well.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I kinda hear what there sayin, cuz around where I live I see way more chicks rockin the tC than dudes, but once you start to mod it I dont think anyone can really deny the way it looks. Even just lowered the tC looks alot smoother. Also I dont know you can determine what is a chick car.... take these for example...civic, eclipse, neon. Mad chicks rock civics, most dudes just mod them. Mad chicks rock eclipses and neons, most dudes just rock turbo ones... see where im comin from. (no offense to the ladies, just tryin to make a point on the thread.)
Old 06-07-2007, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Well here in Memphis we have a few spoiled guys that had their moms and dads pay for their cars and their mods so they have some really nice stuff like a Lotus Elise. They hate on Scions cause they think they are already modded from the dealership, but I don't quite remember the dealership spending the money I did to get my window tint, wheels, tires, etc etc.

I love my car and wouldn't trade it for anything except maybe a BMW.... ha ha I've just always wanted like an M3 or something. ha ha

I've had a guy next to my car and he was shaking his head no and then I revved my engine (i am stock as far as power) so he would race. So he revs his and then we wait for the never ending red light to turn green. Once green dropped I took off while he was burning out. I beat him by like 3 car lengths and he was in a civic. I drive an auto and I still beat his ****. I wasn't shaking his head no at the next stop light we came to.

With the new tires I have, I haven't been able to peel out at all. They just grip and go. LOVE IT!! Can't wait to get CAI and Exhaust
Old 06-07-2007, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZlineDavid
Cain't be a man's car iffn' it has lessn 8 cylinders and carbulated, and FWD is for pussies. Anybody seen my Skoal?

</redneck>

-THE DON
Old 06-07-2007, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you seen how many mustangs are driven by women? Anyway, I appreciate my tC RS1 the more people hate on it. Don't listen to the short guy driving a 'super duty' truck who doesn't even use his truck bed for real work other than hauling bread and milk.

I wouldn't mind having a Camaro, though it would be difficult to turn away from my 35 mpg.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Elijahtc
Well here in Memphis we have a few spoiled guys that had their moms and dads pay for their cars and their mods so they have some really nice stuff like a Lotus Elise. They hate on Scions cause they think they are already modded from the dealership, but I don't quite remember the dealership spending the money I did to get my window tint, wheels, tires, etc etc.

I love my car and wouldn't trade it for anything except maybe a BMW.... ha ha I've just always wanted like an M3 or something. ha ha

I've had a guy next to my car and he was shaking his head no and then I revved my engine (i am stock as far as power) so he would race. So he revs his and then we wait for the never ending red light to turn green. Once green dropped I took off while he was burning out. I beat him by like 3 car lengths and he was in a civic. I drive an auto and I still beat his ****. I wasn't shaking his head no at the next stop light we came to.

With the new tires I have, I haven't been able to peel out at all. They just grip and go. LOVE IT!! Can't wait to get CAI and Exhaust
well you have more guts than I do. I have a stock tc auto and I wouldnt even think of racing it, nor reving it next to someone. I dont street race, but I have had a few drivers act silly and a couple that ____ed me off. expecially honda owners, usually at a red light theyll race off and Im like pshh... and keep a steady 25 mph . the other day some idiot that thought he was super racer with his yaris or it mightve been a prius.. stock btw... cut me off and wouldnt let me in a lane and sped up on the freeway racing past me. freakin idiot, almost hit me, think he can peel out ahead of me a cut me off.

admittedly the scion tcs, once you switch over to lighter tires and rims with an empty car handle like a torquey go-kart.. albiet slow acceleration at higher speeds. so im not surprised about your story.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZlineDavid

</redneck>
oh man

:D

Quick Reply: What's with all the hate on Scion?