Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

When your vehicle is delivered to the dealer....(detail ??)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default When your vehicle is delivered to the dealer....(detail ??)

.....straight off the truck, is the paint already clear coated and ready to go? I know all the dealers wash and detail the car, which most people want, obviously. But if you were to decline the dealer wash, will the paint still be nice and shiny if you go home and do it yourself?
Old 08-15-2004, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CNYScions
SL Member

all cars nowadays have a clear coat on them that is on there from when they are painted at the factory.

all the dealers do it PDI (pre-delivery inspection) the cars, then wash it, and detail it pretty much.

you could i guess decline it if you wanted to. it wouldnt make that much difference i guess.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Paint is clear coated from the factory, if it wasn't it would be all dull and flat.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks. I wasn't sure if the dealer applies some special necessary wax on site or whatever.

I'm asking because I picked up my car this week, inspected it before it was washed and detailed, and after I took it off the lot and to work I noticed scratches and chips on it. I'm sure most of you read my post earlier this week about how I was upset about it. Anyways, I just don't trust the dealer to wash the car properly without scratching it up (since my dealership doesn't have a touchless wash on site, and who knows what dirty towels they use back there), so when my next car comes in I'm going to decline the detail and wash.

Interesting to note, every tC my dealer had clean and on the lot had some obvious scratches or chips on it. Things that I could see without looking closely. Maybe they came from Japan that way, but maybe not.