2005-2010 [ANT10]

From xB to tC

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default From xB to tC

Hey Everyone!

I am about to purchase a new tC and say goodbye to my 06 xB. I've read the forums a bit and wanted to ask for myself, what does everyone think of their tC? Please be honest:-)

I am thinking 08 in Flint Mica. I was also considering the Release Series for this year but is it really worth the money? It looks sweet!

Also, I am in the Atlanta, GA area and was wondering if anyone recommended a certain dealer or knew of someone that they recommened. I am looking to purchase within the next week and a half.

I anticipate your input:-)
Thanks,

J
Old 07-03-2007, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ha... asking a bunch of tC owners what they think of their tC...

Well I happen to love mine. Over 2 yrs and 43k miles later... still love it.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RS3 doen't look as great as the previous RS1 & 2 so i wouldn't buy rs3...anyways..congratz..have fun with ur tC.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:06 AM
MN Scions

Well I dont know about your xb but I went from a VW Passat to a tC and so far I love it! I get alot of questions and compliments as well.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what i like about the scion, lots

what i dont like is all the ___-hats trying to race me.. goddam it, its a slow car!!! stop revving at me!!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

The only thing I don't like, which you have probally read thousands of times is the rattles and soft paint. Other than that I love the car. I think the rs series is worth the money even though im not a huge fan of the rs3 you should get what makes ya happy.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: From xB to tC

Originally Posted by hypnospastic
I am thinking 08 in Flint Mica. I was also considering the Release Series for this year but is it really worth the money? It looks sweet!
If you have a chance at a RS3 tC, I say go for it! You will definitely see less RS3s than FMs. The tC is great buy for the $$$. It does have it's quirks (rattles, wind noise at high speeds, etc.), but nothing that major. I've had mine since Sept. 'o4 and I like it a lot! Its fun to mod it and its pretty easy to take it apart and put it back together. GL on whichever you choose.

P.S. Welcome to the 'Dark Side'!
Old 07-03-2007, 04:03 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by snarcher
what i like about the scion, lots

what i dont like is all the butt-hats trying to race me.. goddam it, its a slow car!!! stop revving at me!!
That's what you get with a slow car made to look like a fast car.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if not a tc, theres always the XA
Old 07-03-2007, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

buy a new xB..its living having a tC heart :D
Old 07-03-2007, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

xB --> tC, good decision.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Thank you all for your input! I appreciate it!

Someone had mentioned if not the tC then the xA and I just have one thing to say to that "No Way!!" no offense to xA owners, just way too small for me.

My only questions regarding the soft paint comment and the rattles.

What does it mean when you say soft paint? Also, most of the rattles are fixable right?

I think I will be getting it this weekend. I am going to get the basic with only the lip spoiler as an add on I think but it looks good even without it. Flint Mica and base model, good decision? I like the RS but something is making me hesitant.

Also, I have the Scoche 10 inch sub from Crutchfield in my xB, does anyone know if it will fit in the tC? I would hate to give up the sub and amp if I didn't have to.

Please give me your thoughts:-)
Old 07-03-2007, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

howdy! my wife and i bought our rs 4 back in march of this year from stone mountain toyota since we live just down the road from them. we delt with ray and beverly there.

i drove by there the other day and saw there were 4 flint mica's on the lot. they were easy to deal with and i intend to go back to them when it's time to swap the 4runner for a tc as well.

happy shopping!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by PapaMan
howdy! my wife and i bought our rs 4 back in march of this year from stone mountain toyota since we live just down the road from them. we delt with ray and beverly there.

i drove by there the other day and saw there were 4 flint mica's on the lot. they were easy to deal with and i intend to go back to them when it's time to swap the 4runner for a tc as well.

happy shopping!
Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. Also, thanks for the dealer suggestion but I have no desire to go back to Stone Mountain Scion after what they did to me when I purchased my xB. So as not to bad mouth a dealer in here, if you are interested, PM or email me and I will tell you about it. They left a very bad taste in my mouth.

I am glad to see SO many happy with their tC. Where can I find out what the RS4 looks like? I thought the RS3 was this year's release series.

I cannot wait to go get my new car. I just scored a 4.9% interest rate for my loan and that was like the icing on the cake for me today

~hypno
Old 07-03-2007, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I've had an RS1 xB & now I have an RS1 tC. To be honest, I my tC but I still miss driving the box around.

You can't go wrong with either Scion..... Except if you drive an xA. J/K
Old 07-03-2007, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm thinking of getting the 2nd gen xB in replace of my tC... Oh well....

But it really is fun to have a tC. Lots of mods to do. Only thing I hate is what most people's perception towards a tC.... Darn it civic driver!!!! Stop taunting me!!!! It's a slow car stup!d @$$ ****!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member

I own both a Tc and xB. love em both. with the Tc get ready for a much better ride!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Also, I am in the Atlanta, GA area and was wondering if anyone recommended a certain dealer or knew of someone that they recommened. I am looking to purchase within the next week and a half.
Check out Team Toyota in Lithia Springs. That's where I bought mine and get all my service done.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Everyone!

I am about to purchase a new tC and say goodbye to my 06 xB. I've read the forums a bit and wanted to ask for myself, what does everyone think of their tC? Please be honest:-)

I anticipate your input:-)
Thanks,

J
Well, my tc's not square...so that's a plus. I'm not a fan of Flint Mica, or the '08 grille for that matter. STUPID GRILLE. I don't like the '08 taillights either. But that's just my opinion and shouldn't matter to you anyway.

I would not bother with the release series. I think the rs1 grille was cool and I loved the red color. The rs2 SUCKED. The blue was ___. The billet grille was ULTRA ___. Billet is for mexicans in low riders. And the rs3 is BORING. Don't bother with the extra cost.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I traded my 05 xB for an 07 tC back in December, and I couldn't be happier!

Much more power, better handling, quieter (despite the sunroof/hatch rattle).

I'm getting about the same mileage (27ish).

Granted, I can't haul a washing machine in the tC like I did the xB - that's what the 77 Toyota Pickup I'm getting is for.

The box was fun, it was unique, but the tC just seems like so much more CAR than the box was.

Whatever you decide, good luck!