Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

2010 tC pronounced drifting to right... help

Old 02-18-2013, 12:51 PM

Default 2010 tC pronounced drifting to right... help

Hey all,

Ok so I'm going to try to give as many details as I possibly can. A fair amount has happened to my car the last few weeks and I'm trying to figure this out. There is a very noticeable drifting/pulling to the right the second I take my hands off of the wheel no matter if I am on a crowned road or a flat road. It is driving me absolutely crazy.

Here's some details

Installed Progress rear sway bar about two months ago
--- had to grease end links due to clicking, driver side link much more resistant to movement than passenger side even after greasing

Purchased new wheels and tires, mounted on car by independent shop (I know a guy) - January 29

Road force balanced wheels at Toyota dealer (independent shops balancer not working correctly) - February 1

Promptly after leaving Toyota dealer I get rear ended, maybe 10 MPH - February 1

---THIS IS WHEN I FIRST NOTICED THE DRIFTING TO THE RIGHT---

Car goes in for bumper overhaul. Body shop states car pulls to right, takes for an alignment (at my cost of course) - February 12-15. Alignment done Feb 15

--CAR STILL DRIFTS TO THE RIGHT---

The day after the alignment I take my car on base to an auto skills center and switch around all of the tires to see if it makes a difference. It doesn't. - February 16

And now here I am, took the car back this morning to the place that did the alignment to have them check it again. They say the drifting is due to caster which is not adjustable on the tC. A guy who works there says his car does the same thing. I REFUSE to believe such a pronounced drifting/pulling to the right is normal, it definitely was not there before. I am having trouble believing it was due to the accident since it was so low of an impact speed. This could be coincidental. As I mentioned earlier, the end links on my rear sway have different resistances to them, I don't know if that has anything to do with it? I'm seriously lost and extremely frustrated.

Somebody intelligent please help. I'm attaching the alignment print outs from both times.

First Alignment
[IMG][/IMG]

Second Alignment
[IMG][/IMG]