Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

alignment at dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default alignment at dealer?

well im on s techs and i haven't gotten an alignment yet and was wondering if my dealer would "accept" my tC since it's lowered on a non-toyota/trd suspensionpart.. i was always curious about that.. will i be able to bring it in even lowered on s-techs?
Old 03-17-2006, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dealers can also work like regular maintanence shops, just don't tell them about the springs, just that you want to do an alignment. you figure they can't just deny you business and it's not like it's any warranty work. either way they can't void the warranty
Old 03-18-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They won't care at all. I still have all my maintenance done at the dealer and have mine lowered.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont think it should matter anyway. all they do is hook up these pads to you rims that are read by lasers. if the tire is uneven or not straight, then the computer will read it and let them know how much to starighten it. my friend works at a dealer. he does ALOT of lowered cars.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you nuts?
Old 03-21-2006, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have this Free Alignment coupon that came with other coupons when I got my car.. I wonder if it has any use =P
Old 03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default Re: alignment at dealer?

Originally Posted by sp0t
well im on s techs and i haven't gotten an alignment yet and was wondering if my dealer would "accept" my tC since it's lowered on a non-toyota/trd suspensionpart.. i was always curious about that.. will i be able to bring it in even lowered on s-techs?
yes,u can bring it in. if they dont work on your car, they have issues and you SHOULD report that dealer to Scion Customer Service

now, it may be slightly difficult to get your car on the lift, since your sitting low
i kno mine was a butt when i had my s-techs, had to use boards to get it on the lift
Old 03-23-2006, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ic.. I recently got this letter from my dealer saying I have this scheduled "Maintenance" appointment... exactly what do they do with this service? I have an unbolted exhaust, should I bolt it back in before I give it up for service?
Old 03-23-2006, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No. see the only way that they'll actually void any warranty for anything on your car is if lets say your car is leaking gas and you have some aftermarket fuelrails that might contribute to the cause as of why its leaking, then they will void it. but for small mods like exhausts or cold air intake systems they wont.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:27 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i have unbolted exhaust.. my dealership still worked on my car.... they didn't care about the intake either
Old 03-23-2006, 11:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by sp0t
ic.. I recently got this letter from my dealer saying I have this scheduled "Maintenance" appointment... exactly what do they do with this service? I have an unbolted exhaust, should I bolt it back in before I give it up for service?
depends on your mileage
but they should have no issue working on your car with unbolted exhaust
Old 03-23-2006, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have dont it, its not a real big thing just let them know and they will take care of it.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're asking about warranty issues after you modded your car? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Anyways, I had no problem taking my lowered tC[rap] to a dealer and them aligning. They even re-aligned it for free after a month later when I noticed it was pulling to the left.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by versello
You're asking about warranty issues after you modded your car? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Anyways, I had no problem taking my lowered tC[rap] to a dealer and them aligning. They even re-aligned it for free after a month later when I noticed it was pulling to the left.
thats good service, but they are supposd to. 60days service warranty
Old 03-24-2006, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As a general rule, dealerships are more than happy to take your money in exchange for work. :p
Old 03-25-2006, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As a tech who works for a dealership I can tell you any dealer can align your car. However they may have trouble with getting it on the rack. In which case they can deny to work on it, however this is very unlikely. Also you may actually have to pay more for your alignment due to the excessive negative camber issue. Not all dealers do this but some do. I did my alignment myself on tein s-techs and have had no issues. My shop is not setup for lowered cars so it took alittle finessing. One nice thing is these cars do have a rear camber adjustment from the factory, however there is not enough front factory adjustment. You will need to purchase some sort of camber kit. My personal suggestion is upper pillowball mounts. The eccentric bolts will work however it is a very long process as the technically don't have enough adjustment. It took about 2 and a half hours for me to do my alignment and I do them every day. As for the warranty issue. There is no such thing as "voiding" your warranty. However if your car has an issue and a dealer can prove that your tampering or modifying caused that specific issue then they can deny you warranty coverage. Example your lowering springs on stock struts and then the struts get blown out, will not not be covered. Hope this helped.