Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Anyone know anything about 05 TC Bilstein coilovers??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 05:14 AM

Default Anyone know anything about 05 TC Bilstein coilovers??????

Im looking to buy some new coilovers for my 06 TC and came across some Bilstein coilovers but it kept saying only for 05 TC. I know they will fit mine but my question is only a few places sell them and its not even on the bilstein website... I know they are a good company but was there a recall or did they stop making them? Has anyone ever had them? How were they? I want some good coilovers that are not too expensive and I debating between them and the Tein basis coilovers. Any information would really be appreciated...
Old 04-05-2014, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Japanjay
I can only assume with the name "bilstein", they are going to be good.
That's what I figured too, I just find it odd that I can't find ANY info on the coilovers and that they are only sold from 3rd party websites...
Old 04-05-2014, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Japanjay
Just wait till Monday and contact Bilstein directly.
That's a good idea, I'll do that and post their response just as a fyi. Thanx.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:01 AM

Called bilstein, they never made a coilover for any scion tc generation. Carid.com and autopartsway.com are scams. I called carid.com and they told me they bought straight from Bilstein so I asked for the manufacture part number and googled the number they gave me, it took me to autopartsway.com coilover listing. Don't buy...
Old 04-11-2014, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bilstein would never dumb themselves down enough to make anything for a Scion. They are more of a "Das Auto" kind of group. I had a set of them on my MKV GTI for a while and then switched to H&R's. Bilstein is some really good shiit though. Too bad for you.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they make coil overs for the FR-S, yes, I know, technically it is a Subaru. But they also make suspension upgrades for Toyota's, mainly Tacoma's come to mind.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
they make coil overs for the FR-S, yes, I know, technically it is a Subaru. But they also make suspension upgrades for Toyota's, mainly Tacoma's come to mind.
^ I was just about to say that lol except its not a Subaru, the idea came from Toyota who employed Fuji heavy industries (Subaru's parent company which Toyota partly owns) to help build the car bc they are a well known sports car manufacturer. The deal was they help they can produce the spin off BRZ. So technically it IS a scion with a few traits from Subaru.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by go2n5
^ I was just about to say that lol except its not a Subaru, the idea came from Toyota who employed Fuji heavy industries (Subaru's parent company which Toyota partly owns) to help build the car bc they are a well known sports car manufacturer. The deal was they help they can produce the spin off BRZ. So technically it IS a scion with a few traits from Subaru.

The FRS/BRZ is basically a modified Impreza chasis. It is built at a Subaru plant. The car actually says Subaru on it more places than it says Toyota and Scion combined. Also, interestingly, some suspension parts for the WRX/STI can be installed on the FRS/BRZ. Like sway bars and springs and such.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
The FRS/BRZ is basically a modified Impreza chasis. It is built at a Subaru plant. The car actually says Subaru on it more places than it says Toyota and Scion combined. Also, interestingly, some suspension parts for the WRX/STI can be installed on the FRS/BRZ. Like sway bars and springs and such.
The cars are actually made by Fuji heavy industries, Subaru's parent company. I never said Subaru didn't deserve credit so there was no need to list each part manufactured by them. I was just saying the idea and drive behind it came from Toyota so you can give some credit to the manufacturer who made the car you drive.