Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

best coilover 1000 and under

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 02:23 AM
SL Member

Default best coilover 1000 and under

whats up guys, so ive been looking for a set of coilovers for my car and i cant make a decision on what i want. its mainly for street since my car is my DD but i also want to be able to occasionally track it.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Used Tein SS-Ps
Old 01-12-2011, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can also find new Function & Form V2 coilovers for under $1000
Old 01-12-2011, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Trust me, stay away from used coilovers. Get some KSports, Function and Form, or maybe some Tein Basics. Check out mengmotorsports.com, they have good deals and $5 shipping
Old 01-12-2011, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have had Ksports, which sucked the shocks blew hella quick. H&R are good just not low enough for my taste. And at the moment I am on F&F v1 and there cool just not low enough. If I were you I would just go with raceland or rokkor.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he said he wanted to track it every once in a while not just dump it to the ground
go with the tein basics! for the price its a good set. stay away from ksports.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CinSity Scions
SL Member

stay away from ksport like everyone said. there was a person on here who hit a pot hole and the front coilover snapped in half.

Tein Basics, Function&Form are 2 very good options to consider...Raceland and Rokkor are pretty much the cheapest coilovers on the market and they dont last either.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

Originally Posted by mystik
stay away from ksport like everyone said. there was a person on here who hit a pot hole and the front coilover snapped in half.

Tein Basics, Function&Form are 2 very good options to consider...Raceland and Rokkor are pretty much the cheapest coilovers on the market and they dont last either.
LMFAO, Show me proof that Racelands and Rokkors don't last.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:35 AM
SL Member

i really like the function&form type 2's since they come with the adjustable dampening, camber and have the extended top hats. id rather not reuse my top hats on basics. i am willing to spend some more money if it comes down to it all though. i just want to make sure im getting quality for my money
Old 01-12-2011, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Frizz
I have heard of more blown shocks with these coils than anyother and have also seen a lot of mixed feedback as far as quality is concerned.

Tha being said - the companies themselves also seem to have great customer service and once somethig was fixed the problem was gone..it really seemed to be hit or miss with racelands at least. If you got a good set they lasted..if not they blew up quick and a replacement was easy and quick to get.

Just something I noticed not trying to stir up ____
Old 01-12-2011, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CinSity Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Frizz
if they cost around 300 dollars while "quality" coilovers cost around 1000 dollars or more...i wouldnt expect them to last. Theres also a thread of Raceland owners and if you read it, many of them say they have problems with blown shocks, odd squeaks, and rust on the thread/locking rings...

Theres a reason why they are so cheap...cheap material, not made to last.

ANYWAYS...... another brand you might want to try looking into is BC Racing...i think they are under your 1000 dollar budget and probably would be good for track use.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got the TEIN Basics! Had for about a week now...Pretty awesome coils!...very Solid & handling seems good...Just Bouncy on bad roads.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:43 AM
SL Member

Racelands FTMFW
Old 01-12-2011, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by emrules2001
Trust me, stay away from used coilovers. Get some KSports, Function and Form, or maybe some Tein Basics. Check out mengmotorsports.com, they have good deals and $5 shipping
I have used tein ssp and have 0 issues with it!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the reason to stay away from used coils is the previous owner probly did what 90% of the coilover owners do....dump it as low as it goes and sometimes lower than designed to go, by removing perch rings and such. im not saying your going to get a bad set but odds r they were probly abused.
the h&r coils can be found on sale around that 1000$ price range
Old 01-12-2011, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i refer you to getting c8sport SSD coilovers, which are a new brand from c8sport and i'm on them. read my review here. Group by is under $700.00 and it doesn't have to be all tC people. Read my post and join the forums
Post Review: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=197877
forum: http://www.aftermarketchat.com/forums
Old 01-12-2011, 06:14 AM
SL Member

well i know that you said that your budget is $1000 and under however i say for an additional $130 you can get b&g rs2 , at least i found them for that price, which i just ordered myself one of the best coilovers out there based on what i've read and seen here, not to mention they go low low lol, however be aware that the waiting period can be long from what i've heard from other buyers, but if your impatient i say check out mengmotorsports also they do have good deals and the one's night87^^ posted up look pretty good too....gl

Last edited by 253CSM; 01-12-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Raceland - 2 year warranty
Rokkor - 3 year warranty
Most other "quality" brands - 1 year warranty

Can't really complain about that. Even if they do blow, you're good for a few years and they pay shipping. But for tracking, i would prob consider something else. but for just dd, i hear these are the way to go. VW & BMW guys rave about these coils. however, please do not take this as me saying that these companies are BETTER than high end coils. just saying that the warranty is pretty bada$$.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you sure they still make B&G RS2's for the tC?..

I ordered them & my order got canceled. Then the site I ordered from took it off their product list along w/ other places.

Originally Posted by 253CSM
well i know that you said that your budget is $1000 and under however i say for an additional $130 you can get b&g rs2 , at least i found them for that price, which i just ordered myself one of the best coilovers out there based on what i've read and seen here, not to mention they go low low lol, however be aware that the waiting period can be long from what i've heard from other buyers, but if your impatient i say check out mengmotorsports also they do have good deals and the one's night87^^ posted up look pretty good too....gl
Old 01-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would like to see this proof where Racelands don't last. Every blown shock was found during install or out of the box and was promptly replaced. I have yet to hear of anyone who has Racelands to come forward with an actually issue. Everything is hear say and made up, none of it is backed with actual proof. BTW Yes I have tracked my car on Racelands and they work great, yes I dd my car on Racelands, yes once my built motor is broken in more I will track them very heavily. Even if one has an issue they have an awesome no questions asked warranty that is twice as long as the people with big brand coilovers. It's like people who pay for expensive brand name shoes for no reason; I have a pair of $800 Ck dress shoes that are falling apart after a year, but the $22 pair I got in high school is in perfect condition.

However, if you have that much of a budget get Tein or save a bit for DGs; They have all the extra track goodies. The only person I knew with F&F broke shocks left and right...

Quick Reply: best coilover 1000 and under