Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Brembo vs Wilwood (vs Stoptech?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 07:51 AM
5 Year Member

Default Brembo vs Wilwood (vs Stoptech?)

I'm in the market for a big brake kit. Before everyone starts telling me I don't need it, the car is a purpose built track day car. It being streetable is not a concern. In reading online it seems like the Brembo kits require a wheel spacer to fit behind the stock 17s (which I run with winter tires at present). I can't find anything that says Wilwoods require a spacer. Does anyone know? Also, I know PTuning used a StopTech bbk on their time attack car, but the only thing I can find from them is the kit that uses the stock calipers with larger rotors. Anyway, I figure a bbk is a bbk, and if I can avoid wheel spacers I'd like to. Thanks for the help / opinions.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a set of pretty good condition TRD big brakes for sale. LMK if interested, they are selling from TRD sparks for around $1200, and I would take $800. Check my feedback and stuff, no BS here. The TRDs are re-brand STOPTECHs. (I also had the real original stoptechs back in the day, but traded them to my friend when he had brand new TRD's since I knew I was getting rid of my car, that was the form of payment for all the hours he worked on my car getting it back to stock).

My TRD kit has less than 5,000 miles on them. I have no more tC.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would call each company's support line to confirm what is required if anything to fit on the tC with 17s.