Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Caster adjustable top/upper suspension mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Caster adjustable top/upper suspension mounts?

I'm in the market for a top/upper suspension mount to augment my KW Variant 2s, but am struggling to find a reliable answer on this. Having searched the web and ScionLife for answers, I've found very little except the following post from Paul_Dezod.

KW Coilovers

In the post Dan Gardner mentions that he uses the Wild Pony top mounts, but after searching their site, the best I could come up with was the following link.

Wild Pony K-Mac Camber Caster Kit Ford Focus 99-04

As this kit is clearly for a 99-04 Ford Focus and Wild Pony seems to only make Ford and Mazda parts, I'm skeptical that my searching has yielded the solution that Mr. Gardner was referring to. Unfortunately it was all I could find and so I'm now turning to ScionLife for help.

My question is if anyone is currently running (or knows of) a top/upper suspension mount that has any sort of Camber AND Caster adjustability to it? I'm looking to dial in as much front caster as possible, but have yet to dig up a viable option. I don't mind making modifications to a part not specifically built for the tC, but would love to find something that is a direct fit or at least close in specs.

Thanks for any input you can provide.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wild pony will make them for you. I even was trying to get them to make a group buy since everyone was wanting them, but not wanting to spend $300 - $400 for a set. Of course, I got about 3 people actually wanting to be serious about it once I got the ball rolling so it sort of fell by the wayside.

I am moving to SS-ps as soon as I get another warm weekend, so I will have camber adjustment. But still no caster adjustment.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Interesting.

How many people was Wild Pony looking to gather to consider doing a production run? Think they'd be interested in one-offs? I'm not excited about spending $400 for an upper mount, but would consider it if there are no other viable options to get caster adjustability.

I'm glad other people have been looking for this, but frutsrated that it's not more popular yet.