Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

H&R Coilovers,Brembo brakes,Axxis Ultimate - updated w p

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Those rotors look bad ___ Joe. Wonder where you got them from? ;)
Old 03-21-2006, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

G I wonder?
Old 03-24-2006, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just making a quick bump for a short update.

The H&R suspension will be here this coming Tuesday. My new brake pads, and the rotors are obviously here. Progress sway bar is in transit.

Everything should be done in 1 week.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im waiting to see the coilovers, I may be intrested.......love the HTech's but a little adjustability would be nice.
what made you pick the progress swaybar, im in the market and have not made my decision.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone knows of any other springs that will lower the rear more than 2.0" I have s-techs but want it a little lower
on the rear and Im broke.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If anyone knows of any set out there let me know.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thier is nothing other then coilovers that will drop you lower, unless you cut your springs, which is not advisable........no matter how its done.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Joe, im waiting for an update on this because im very intrested in getting a set of the H&R coilovers from you
Old 04-01-2006, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will post pictures here for you tomorrow.

Just know that the car's handling is AMAZING. They fit without any modifications, look great, and even come with a liquid lubricant for the threads to keep them in top condition. Car sits nice in low, with more room left to drop. And the ride quality is excellent.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how do they compare to your H&R sports
Old 04-02-2006, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what companies offer springs for the tC with a progressive spring rate? Also what drop can you get with the HandR (range please). Also why not go with HandR PCS Coilver? Can you almost eliminate nose dive with the normal coilover or do you need to get the PCS coilover and also for the pcs coilover do you get progressive spring rate?
Old 04-02-2006, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

eibach, h&r, tanabe, progress, and tein...........the last three not 100% sure.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tanabe progress and tein are all linear rate springs. i believe trd springs are progressive too
Old 04-03-2006, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics? i have been sitting her all day LOL
Old 04-03-2006, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Waiting for those pics before ordering H&R's.

Up in the air for me between those and Tein's
Old 04-03-2006, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

same here, i have always used Eibach/ H&R and i have Htechs now, they are ok...... but im up in the air as well
Old 04-03-2006, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Uploading stuff now, expect pics within 5-10 min.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok guys, thanks for being patient. The ride is just unbelievable. It's almost scary how hard you have to push it to actually brake the limits of your car. At that point, you better be a good driver because you'll be pushing it pretty fast.

I've tooled on the suspension around various setups. I left the height the same since install, because it was the height I was looking for. I took the car on the highway, and it rode great, even over dips. I took the car on a some windy SMOOTH roads and it was planted and pretty hard to find the limits. I then took it over bumpy roads, and at higher speeds. The car is planted to the ground. It eats up bumps and stays sure footed over pretty much any road surface. The daily driving aspect is great, feels about the same as the Evo 9 in terms of harshness. But man does the car respond. Steering response is better, I have the looks I'm looking for, the ride quality is excellent, and I feel like I'm driving a safer car. Definately one of the best mod's I've done on the car.

Alas, the pictures...

In this pic, the front shock/spring is on top, the rear on the bottom.

Next pic is the front coilover installed. Note the helper spring that acts as a dead spring. This is to make sure the car is always on the ground, even under HARD corners or a big dip/bump. Also note the new Brembo cross-drilled rotors. We're using the drilled plated rotors front and rear. Expect numbers for the tC application on our website soon. We're currently working with Brembo on that matter.

Next pic, same as the last, brakes and all, but the rear rotor...

And FINALLY.... The pics of the car on the ground. New pics will be up tomorrow of the car actually outside where I can get some better angles. For now, here's one hell of a teaser...

Quick shot of the new motor layout...

NOTE: USE THE NUTS THAT COME WITH THIS COILOVER KIT. It is somewhat tricky because the nuts are larger than the OEM nuts. You will need a pretty large socket set to successfully tighten the strut rod to the upper mount. Using the stock nuts on the H&R coilovers can and will strip the threads, causing you to severely damage your shock. I know this may seem obvious, but due to the ease of using OEM nuts that most have the socket for, one may be tempted to do so. Please use the supplied nuts, AND the supplied coilover lubricant to lubricate the threads before adjusting. I may also reccommend to purge the struts prior to install. Do this by taking the springs off and slowling pushing the strut rod down into the shock body. Do this about 3-4 times. It will help prep the shock and remove any air bubbles that may have developed within the shock.

Any questions please ask here, and happy ordering. You will not find a better suspension for the money.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also what drop can you get with the HandR (range please). Also why not go with HandR PCS Coilver? Can you almost eliminate nose dive with the normal coilover or do you need to get the PCS coilover and also for the pcs coilover do you get progressive spring rate?
Old 04-03-2006, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They do not make a PCS coilover for our car, only the standard coilover. Maybe they'll make one sooner or later. My car's nose dive is VERY minimal, thanks to the higher spring rates and more agressive dampening. You need a little give in the system to add some stability. Too stuff and it'll snap you around. H&R uses progressive rate springs on both coilovers.

I may be able to find the PCS for our car. We use the exact same suspension system as the toyoa Avenis. This means, anything made accross seas for that car, will work on our car. All a matter of shopping around. If you're really interested in the PCS coilover, please email us at sales@dezod.com. We can get with H&R and see if we can attain a non-domestic coilover system somehow. Expect to pay for shipping on something like that though.

Ride height is from about .75 to 2.1" I'd say. You can see how low it is with the 18s on there. I have abour a half an inch left to drop in the rear, and about 3/4" up front. Anything lower is just unpractical though.

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: H&R Coilovers,Brembo brakes,Axxis Ultimate - updated w p