Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

MonsterMotorWorks Rear Strut Bar Installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the install was pretty easy. the hardest parts was to take off the nuts. those things are on tight as hell. i had to wd40 the thing like 5 times and let it sit forever to get them off. the spare is in fine, and so is the jack. the only thing i had a problem with is the piece on the other side of the spare. i don't know if it's cuz i have the bazooka enclosure in or what, but the thing didn't fit. i'm gonna end up trimming off maybe a half inch of the thing and then it'll fit back in. after some more driving around, i'm liking this bar more and more. i can definitely feel the difference when i'm driving and cornering at decent speeds. don't get me wrong-with the hotchkis sway bars the thing feels good already, but the mmw bar just gives it that extra bit of fine tuning that many people i'm sure would like. what's the point of doing engine work, this, that, etc etc if u can't drive the car the way u want? power's great, but if ur car can't handle the power, it's useless. for every power item i followed it with a suspension item. i've done the sway bars, springs, strut bars, and i'm probably gonna get the koni or trd shocks. if i had $1500 i'd get the teins with the edfc. oh well-one step at a time.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good
Old 12-28-2005, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 01-06-2006, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i just installed this again on my new tc-and i still recommend it wholeheartedly. just remember, with this and any strut bar, if you jack the car up and then install the bar, it will help alot. if you don't jack up the car while installing, it's not nearly as beneficial. i did that the first time with my tanabe front strut bar, and didn't really think it helped much-i didn't even bother reading the directions they sent with the bar. i actually only found out about that when i was looking at tanabe's website and came across this little note:
A very common error when installing tower bars, It is always recommended to raise the vehicle when installing so that the load of the shock uppermounts on the shock towers is relieved and balanced out. When raised, and the tower bar is placed onto the vehicle, the preload can be adjusted and set. After it is bolted on and the car is lowered, each shock tower will have equal load and will prevent independent movements of each shock. This will provide an extremely noticeable difference after installing. If a tower bar is installed on a car that is not raised, great benefits will be missed.

if you have the money to only get sway bars or strut tower bars, get the sway bars. if you can get both, then definitely get them both. i had the front and rear tower bars along with the hotchkis sways on the other tc, along with springs/shocks. sweet suspension set up.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

with this bar in place - does the trunk cover close flush on top of it? or does this remain exposed like the pic?
Old 03-14-2006, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

u don't see the bar at all when the trunk cover is on.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
Seven City Scions
SL Member

just installed mine. havent had time to really test it out(rain) but i had a question. do the tires have to come off the ground or can you just jack it up to relieve the pressure from the springs?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
Seven City Scions
SL Member

ok so i have been testing the strut bar.........this thing makes a huge difference in the handling. I have the trd springs and rear sway bar and this thing works very well with the others. next up shocks and the front bar.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ i too would like to know
Old 09-23-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered mine 3 days ago, but I haven't gotten a tracking number or anything. When do you guys usually get yours?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

hmm, looks nice! I would like to have the matching front bar too when it comes out.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ingall's 4point rear strut

vs.
Monster's 2point

Hm.....
It's kind of a no brain'er.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member

does your interior go back togerther with the bar in
Old 12-12-2006, 02:46 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Gmoney
just installed mine. havent had time to really test it out(rain) but i had a question. do the tires have to come off the ground or can you just jack it up to relieve the pressure from the springs?
I would like to know this too b/c I never lifted my front end when I installed my front strut bar. I thought it had to stay on the ground while the strut bolts were taken off and the bar was installed and tightened down.

Also, will any of these upgrades to make the chassis rigid help in going up angled driveways so that the car doesn't squeak (sunroof and hatch)?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:59 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellot00tr
i just installed this again on my new tc-and i still recommend it wholeheartedly. just remember, with this and any strut bar, if you jack the car up and then install the bar, it will help alot. if you don't jack up the car while installing, it's not nearly as beneficial. i did that the first time with my tanabe front strut bar, and didn't really think it helped much-i didn't even bother reading the directions they sent with the bar. i actually only found out about that when i was looking at tanabe's website and came across this little note:
A very common error when installing tower bars, It is always recommended to raise the vehicle when installing so that the load of the shock uppermounts on the shock towers is relieved and balanced out. When raised, and the tower bar is placed onto the vehicle, the preload can be adjusted and set. After it is bolted on and the car is lowered, each shock tower will have equal load and will prevent independent movements of each shock. This will provide an extremely noticeable difference after installing. If a tower bar is installed on a car that is not raised, great benefits will be missed.

if you have the money to only get sway bars or strut tower bars, get the sway bars. if you can get both, then definitely get them both. i had the front and rear tower bars along with the hotchkis sways on the other tc, along with springs/shocks. sweet suspension set up.

On our tCs we can lift the entire front up at the same time and do this instead of side by side correct? Or should it be done side by side. I've had my strut bar on for about 22K and when I installed it, I never paid attention to lifting the car and didn't see anything that said I should. Will there be a noticeable difference (I'm not expecting night and day), or is this just to actually utilize the full use of the strut bar? I have the DC Sport CS-2.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:03 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is where I was misinformed as well. I used this site just as a background to understand what parts to remove. It says to only remove 2 of the 3 bolts so even if you remove 2 bolts and lift it, nothing will drop.

http://www.yoursciontc.com/informati...tower_bar.html