Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Official Rokkor Tuning Coilovers Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im getting my rokkor's on tuesday and i want to slam, but will i need to buy camber arms in order to slam? or will my camber not be affected all that much?
Old 03-08-2012, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

a lot of that depends on the size of the rims and tires and if you have some kind of lip or body kit

I have 19 with a jp vizage kit. My lip is just under 2.5 inches off the ground. And I have a bunch of threads left in the front and the back.

(oh and I'm on Raceland so pretty much exactly the same as Rokkor AND I don't have camber arms)
Old 03-08-2012, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^im on stock rims and tires and the rs4 lip
how much of a drop are you at
Old 03-08-2012, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I had these rims on with Hotchkis springs which are about 1.9 in drop and I'd say that I'm about .75 inches lower. So I'd guess 2.75 drop.

I wouldn't have been able to slam it if I didn't have 19's though. I had the rims first. Then I painted the lip on the rim which didn't make it look as huge and then added the kit which significantly dropped the whole car
Old 03-08-2012, 05:49 PM

Been on rokkors for about 5k miles now, and running just fine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75515364@N07/6964830673/
Old 03-08-2012, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by colinantherus
im getting my rokkor's on tuesday and i want to slam, but will i need to buy camber arms in order to slam? or will my camber not be affected all that much?
Honestly, each car acts differently. Some people I have seen have slammed their tc's on coils and have had very little camber. Some people slam it and get a lot of camber. As stated before, it depends what wheels you got too. Running a wider setup than stock you'll probably just want to invest in some.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ true statement. i have been on rokkors now for over a year and have had no issues what so every with them. im not slammed by now means. but worth every penny i spent. here is some pics updated of them. still plan on going lower. have more room to do so. just waiting on getting spacers for my wheels.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I checked my coil and its not blown.. but my handling is off and there is a clunk sound on the drivers side. This sound only happens very seldomly when I stop sometimes . I got to check endlinks and torque that top bolt.. Anything else's that may be wrong?
Old 03-21-2012, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Clunk sound when you turn as well? if not, then it's your endlinks. if it clunks when turning, your top hat isn't bolted down enough and the spring is pushing it up when you turn / hit bump.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No clunk while turning. I have a torn axle boot but it isn't clicking.. thanks Btw ... I plan on slamming it again soon. Endlinks won't hurt it too bad will they ?
Old 03-21-2012, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Killatc, it would look great if you got some spacers!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks yea that was the plan. but i actually just picked up a new set of wheels tonight. picked up some 18x9 +15 215/35 tires so will be going a little lower once i get these on
Old 03-22-2012, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hella aggressive... Good luck!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:48 AM
SL Member

Got my Rokkors installed last night. Me and another buddy of mines decided to get them in even though it was raining like a **** last night. I lowered the car enough to get rid of all the wheel gap. Ride quality is not bad whatsoever. But i'm still on stock wheels. I'm getting Rotiforms soon so we'll see how it changes.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by baltom
Haha I think it had some. It just wore off. LoL I'm about to have some HIDs though. Trying to figure out what to do next. I still live at home, cause I'm in college, and my dad fusses about everything I do, and that I shouldn't be spending money (even though I have extra). So, idk. My brother says exhaust, but that's definitely a noticeable upgrade and I'm trying to stay under the radar for the time being.
Man, my parents are the same way! I always manage to squeeze things by them though and get them on without getting in much trouble. My biggest thing was my turbo kit...haha. I have been running it for about 9 months now and they dont know. Taking the plunge on Rokkors tomorrow...hopefully they won't notice since I am installing a kaminari style kit right now as well.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just placed my order! Can't wait to give these a shot.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:18 PM
SL Member

Coilovers been on for about a week now and i have nothing to complain about. Both of my buddies that helped me out stated that these ride a lot nicer than the Racelands on VW's and they're both heavily educated on VW suspension.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just installed mine today. I have them dropped to about 6 threads left in the front and 8 in the rears, tucking tire on the stockies easily. I went for a pretty decent ride around my town and they don't ride bad at all. I was expecting much worse, but honestly, no complaints here. I am rubbing hard on the front fender liners though. I figure it will resolve itself after about a week. So far I am loving them. The install took a bit longer than expected due to some very stubborn nuts and bolts and having mainly just me working on it with a couple friends dropping by for about 30 mins-1 hr. Honestly, the install was very simple and straightforward. No issues with fitment other than having to maneuver the front sway bar endlink into it's mounting hole (helps to have a buddy). Overall, very pleased so far. I will give another update after they have settled and had an alignment.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cobija
Honestly, each car acts differently. Some people I have seen have slammed their tc's on coils and have had very little camber. Some people slam it and get a lot of camber. As stated before, it depends what wheels you got too. Running a wider setup than stock you'll probably just want to invest in some.
Unless you have a different rear suspension setup than everybody else, multilink suspension always increases camber with compression(lowering).
The front doesn't change much at all because struts don't allow it.
You can drive with a fair amount of camber, and it won't necessarily cause terrible tire wear. I speak from experience, not speculation...

I know this thread is mostly looks over function, (otherwise the drops wouldnt go further than about 2") so proper setup is irrelevant. But, rear camber should be less than front.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:10 PM

I just installed them on my 09' TC and they ride suprisingly well. The quality isn't the greatest (threads were somewhat fudge-packed out of the box), but overall they ride better than expected and are much better than the OE setup.