Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Rear Spindle Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alright i was wrong again I looked at the Rear Control arm and the bushing isnt connected to the Control arm its called the Rear Axle Carrier. I had the dealer fax me over a diagram. When i get to the other office around 1 ill scan it and post the diagram so you guys can see it
Old 09-22-2011, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I found a picture online
Old 09-22-2011, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're not making sense. Do you need a hub carrier, or a control arm bushing?
Old 09-22-2011, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I need the Rear Axle Carrier for sure that's the part that I need. 247.59 at the dealer
Old 09-22-2011, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

here u go
http://clubsciontc.com/forums/diy-in...acement-38816/
Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dam262a

Thanks that helps a little but that is the replacement for the rear hub. I can still use this because i need to remove the hub to put it on the New Alex Carrier. 250 Is kinda steep for just a broken bushing so im going to see if i can find a used Alex Carrier. Does any one know where you can find used parts
Old 09-24-2011, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

google the part number(s) you need, more than likely you'll find a wholesale dealer online that will have it lower

If you want used parts call your local junkyards
Old 09-24-2011, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I found it for 55 on carpart I'm just waiting for them to send me a picture... I want to make sure its a good part
Old 09-25-2011, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How good do you think a $250 part for $50 is going to be?

You've got ***** though, to call a dealership, asking for free advice.

The way these post are going, Scions built from ebay are going to be the next Civics built from JCWhitney.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Alvarado.e09
I found it for 55 on carpart I'm just waiting for them to send me a picture... I want to make sure its a good part
alvarado-
just ignore that other guy, mr exotica. it's a well known fact that employees of toyota monitor this board. With all the "Sales" of trying to tell you you're wrong and to go to a toyota dealer, it's obvious he either works for a dealer or works for toyota/scion! And then argue with you? What a joke. He will probably start an argument on here with me but it won't be responded to.

I had to laugh at this attack on you for asking about a part number and help and all you get hit with is a sales pitch for the STEALERSHIP? that's why they call it the STEALERSHIP because they steal your money. Not all dealers are bad, but this sales tactic was ridiculous and obvious.

UPDATE: Oh look what I found from mr exotica, he said it himself "As a former Scion Champion (unpaid position, rewarded for passion for the product)" So yes I was correct, he does work for Scion! just ignore him. Pretty sad that a Scion associate would attack a scion owner this way, then they wonder why sales are down for scion? lol. duh..

back to the part issue--

Alvarado, you could try trdsparks.com they're a dealer that has good prices online. I'll do some digging and find the part number for you. found the part number 42305-21040, LH side, rear carrier, $190 at trdsparks.com.

Update: I see what you mean about what's wrong, the bushing is ripping apart from the carrier. wow must be that dry new mexico (saw your location) air. It doesn't look like that bushing is replaceable, so a whole new carrier is needed. Might think of a new part if the rest might be dry-rotted in your area, but can always check a junkyard (carpart.com) and see if they're good. but who knows how long that would last.

Last edited by sciontc_mich; 09-25-2011 at 04:40 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mrexotica
How good do you think a $250 part for $50 is going to be?

You've got ***** though, to call a dealership, asking for free advice.

The way these post are going, Scions built from ebay are going to be the next Civics built from JCWhitney.
The part is off of a 2008 Tc with only 21,000 miles its a good OEM used part. And I think my 50 dollar part is going to be just as good as the dealer 250 part I'm so happy I'm going to save so much money.

Mich thanks for sticking up for me very much appricated.
And its the bushing on the rear carrier its cracked. I think its cuz my car is always in the heat new mexico and AZ sucks haha
Old 09-25-2011, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Alvarado.e09
The part is off of a 2008 Tc with only 21,000 miles its a good OEM used part. And I think my 50 dollar part is going to be just as good as the dealer 250 part I'm so happy I'm going to save so much money.

Mich thanks for sticking up for me very much appricated.
And its the bushing on the rear carrier its cracked. I think its cuz my car is always in the heat new mexico and AZ sucks haha
no problem, it is unacceptable for that user to have attacked you like that for asking for help. This is NOT the way Scionlife is supposed to be and we can't allow rude behavior so blatant. You're welcome for the advice, and I think you will do fine with that used part. Sounds like it is in good shape. Always nice to save money that none of us have right now

keep us posted how the install goes. let me personally know when you're going to do this and I will send you the torque settings for all the bolts that are in the area you're taking apart. Definitely need a torque wrench for this, better to be safe
Old 09-25-2011, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
no problem, it is unacceptable for that user to have attacked you like that for asking for help. This is NOT the way Scionlife is supposed to be and we can't allow rude behavior so blatant. You're welcome for the advice, and I think you will do fine with that used part. Sounds like it is in good shape. Always nice to save money that none of us have right now

keep us posted how the install goes. let me personally know when you're going to do this and I will send you the torque settings for all the bolts that are in the area you're taking apart. Definitely need a torque wrench for this, better to be safe
Scionlife is all about cheap mods and dropping the crap out of there vehicle. It is not at all about helping others out with quality advice, because quite frankly nearly no one on here has such. Look at the quality of posts on this site, there isn't much help at all.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah i know we own Scions. Stop hating and acting like you drive a Honda.
I like SL you get advice when you ask and most of the people are nice here.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Another ignorant statement.
I USED to work for a Toyota/Scion dealership.
I was their Scion Champion. It sounds like a silly title.
It was a non-paying position that I took on my own choice because I am that much behind the Scion brand and philosophy.
I sacrificed time I could have been selling to promote Scion. For free.
I created a car show for the Scion drivers. You know how much money that made for me? 0.
Know how many cars that sold for the dealership? 0.
Just supporting Scion.

It actually cost me money because I was planning the show, promoting, getting sponsors, designing the t-shirt, etc, when I could have been selling cars.

People expecting something for nothing are why I no longer sell cars. My typical customer had no idea what a vehicle was worth, their goal was for me to make as little as possible. Many Scion customers thought i was lying when I explained One Price. They had no idea what a good price was. At one point, I sold my sister-in-law a $35000 Highlander. It was the most miserable sale I ever had. When I told her I made $100 on that sale, she almost cried.

Try working for 100% commission, work your ___ off all week, miss dinner with your wife because you knew a customer was stroking you, but you had to kiss ___ for the possibility of a sale, then explain why you brought home nothing for a 12 hour shift selling the cars you love.

So, don't say I'm a hater. I won't return to my former employer, but I have a local dealership that I support.
People who buy their Scions, then never return to the "stealerships" THOSE are the haters.
You are not supporting Scion.
Sorry if I jumped on you, but I have a short fuse for people going the cheapest route.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mrexotica
Another ignorant statement.
I USED to work for a Toyota/Scion dealership.
I was their Scion Champion. It sounds like a silly title.
It was a non-paying position that I took on my own choice because I am that much behind the Scion brand and philosophy.
I sacrificed time I could have been selling to promote Scion. For free.
I created a car show for the Scion drivers. You know how much money that made for me? 0.
Know how many cars that sold for the dealership? 0.
Just supporting Scion.

It actually cost me money because I was planning the show, promoting, getting sponsors, designing the t-shirt, etc, when I could have been selling cars.

People expecting something for nothing are why I no longer sell cars. My typical customer had no idea what a vehicle was worth, their goal was for me to make as little as possible. Many Scion customers thought i was lying when I explained One Price. They had no idea what a good price was. At one point, I sold my sister-in-law a $35000 Highlander. It was the most miserable sale I ever had. When I told her I made $100 on that sale, she almost cried.

Try working for 100% commission, work your ___ off all week, miss dinner with your wife because you knew a customer was stroking you, but you had to kiss ___ for the possibility of a sale, then explain why you brought home nothing for a 12 hour shift selling the cars you love.

So, don't say I'm a hater. I won't return to my former employer, but I have a local dealership that I support.
People who buy their Scions, then never return to the "stealerships" THOSE are the haters.
You are not supporting Scion.
Sorry if I jumped on you, but I have a short fuse for people going the cheapest route.
Those policies breed pushy salesmen who are always trying to screw you which is why everybody HATES car dealers. They try to pay as little as possible for the car because more often than not the salesman is trying to get them to overpay. Dealers are known for shady negotiation and leaving customers feeling defeated. Why in gods name would they go back?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you know this for a fact, or are you ASSuming?
I wasn't a pushy salesman, the guy who sold me my last car wasn't a pushy salesman, the guy who sold my wife her last car wasn't a pushy salesman.

It's never your fault for being a bad customer, and not knowing what a fair price is. You'll never be happy. You'll never know if you could have paid less...
Old 09-26-2011, 11:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

its a fact
Old 09-26-2011, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just because I dont want to go back to the Dealer doesn't mean i dont support scion WTF? Dude really everything is way over priced at the dealer. I bent my inner Tie Rod once and the dealer was going to charge me 170 or something like that and it went to Napa and got the same part for 35 New. So its official STEALERSHIP! Short Fuse for people who try and save money? If your saving money the right way i dont see what the problem is.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dam262a
its a fact
Do you know me personally? Do you know all salespeople personally?
Would it be fair or accurate for me to make assumptions about you?

Quick Reply: Rear Spindle Replacement