Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Satisfied Brakes... Anyone got them?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Satisfied Brakes... Anyone got them?

i was looking into replacing my brake pads on my tC for ceramic pads. i thought about doing it on my old car, but traded it before i got the chance. specifically, i was looking at Satisfied brake pads. i went to their website and they seem to be racing and performance pads. i was more interested in the 'no brake dust' feature. i was wondering if anyone had a personal account of how they perform. i'm worried the ceramic will be too hard and tear up the rotors and/or they won't stop the car well till they heat up. i'm looking mostly for testimonials, i've got opinions out the yin-yang.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have raybesto quiet stops on my maxima. they're ceramic and quiet, brake dust is very little compared to plain pads.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have to be careful about putting on some "race brakes". These brakes are meant for racing, and under normal driving will not work correctly due to the fact that race brakes need to heat up before they grip properly.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ya my brakes are going out...
Old 04-15-2005, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TC Brakes= POOP!!
Old 04-15-2005, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are typically two different types of pads of there, Street and track. Track are also refered to as race pads. Street pads are only intended for a certain temperature range, those that are on the street where the brakes don't go over 1000F. Condition on the race track can go over 1000F simply because there are multiple hard braking events one after another.

Be careful of pads that claim they are street and track. Sometimes those pads will have a downside whether not having enough cold bite or perhaps their max operating temperature is too low for the track(road course).

Also note that there are no pads that do it all. There aren't any pads that are low dust, low noise, work at lower temps and higher temps AND have max performance. There are drawbacks with certain pads. Axxis Ultimate pads are great street pads. They have high max operating temp although not high enough for track, and high Coefficient of friction. The downside is that they produce a noticeable amount of dust. Ceramic pads are usually meant for the street they are low dust, perhaps perform better than stock and lower dust, however the Axxis Ultimates wil probably perform better than certain ceramics.

Try to focus on what each pad can do rather than the materials of which they are made of. For instance the Axxis Ultimates are a kevlar ceramic, but they certainly are not low dust.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I daily drove my turbo 02 civic with Axxis ultimates and LOVED them. They hold very very well... but at high speed braking, they'd smoke.

TRW makes the Axxis Ultimates, so you may have luck finding your application through them as well.

I'd also like to add that blank rotors usually perform as well on any street conditions, sometimes better. They're also a lot less expensive and are not known to crack. Slotted rotors are a good compromise. Cross-drilled are almost pointless on our cars, at least for the front. They originally made cross-drilled so a certain vapor could escape the pads under high temp conditions. Also, we have ventilated front braks so slotted is just fine. Cheap cross-drilled rotors (not brembo or power slot) are known to track because of the process they use to actually drill out the rotors.

Basically, don't buy something cheap just because it offers what you're looking for. Do your homework and buy something that works for you. I like EBC green stuffs as well for street use, and the red stuffs for the track. They also make a blue line that's ultra high temp.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:00 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

m2motoring. they're coming out brake pads for the tC. they have it right now for xA and xB. i'll be the first few to have them, and everybody that has them on their xA and xB love them like nuts. dont have a site but i'll post it when its out.
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

m2motoring. they're coming out brake pads for the tC. they have it right now for xA and xB. i'll be the first few to have them, and everybody that has them on their xA and xB love them like nuts. dont have a site but i'll post it when its out.
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Old 04-17-2005, 04:01 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Old 04-17-2005, 08:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

quad quad quad quadruple post!
Old 04-17-2005, 10:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought I was seeing double of my double vision. how exactly does one post the same things 4 times and not know it?

chris