Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TRD or Hotchkis Springs with Hotchkis sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD or Hotchkis Springs with Hotchkis sway bars

Like the tittle says. I am not sure which springs to choose. I love the way the hotchkis springs look from the pics I've seen online however I will be keeping the stock struts for now and I will be adding both sway bars. This is causing me to lean toward the TRD springs because the drop is less agressive so the struts may last longer. I live in Queens NY which has some of the worst rodes known to man however I spend most of my time on the highway. I just need to know if I would regret using the hotchkis springs due to a bouncy ride, bottoming out, scraping, or blown strut within a short period of time. PS i have the ground effects kit. Thanks Alot.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 07-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: TRD or Hotchkis Springs with Hotchkis sway bars

Originally Posted by msdbsptc
Like the tittle says. I am not sure which springs to choose. I love the way the hotchkis springs look from the pics I've seen online however I will be keeping the stock struts for now and I will be adding both sway bars. This is causing me to lean toward the TRD springs because the drop is less agressive so the struts may last longer. I live in Queens NY which has some of the worst rodes known to man however I spend most of my time on the highway. I just need to know if I would regret using the hotchkis springs due to a bouncy ride, bottoming out, scraping, or blown strut within a short period of time. PS i have the ground effects kit. Thanks Alot.
The Hotchkis springs are probably going to be too much for your tC with the ground effects kit and the roads you have to drive on. Here's a link to our site and it has detailed info on the TRD and Hotchkis Suspension parts so you can get a better idea. Hope that helps.

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...1&parts_id=642

Ken
www.trdsparks.com
Old 07-16-2005, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks alot ken. I was actually planning to buy from you guys anyway just not sure which package.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I thought the TRD springs were like 5% stiffer and only dropped an inch. From the looks of your website they drop 1.25" and are 18% and 26% stiffer front and rear. I would like a very mild drop, with just a slightly stiffer ride. I dont want the bone jarring stiffness I have had in the past. Plus I just picked up my car today, so I don't want to make it uncomfortable yet. :D

Please fill me in.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't speak on the Hotchkis springs, but the TRD ones with stock shocks will be fine for you. If you had the money get some adjustable shocks... I am looking for those some day. The springs are definately 18 and 26% stiffer, not 5%. The ride is more along the lines of where I would expect it to be stock for a 'sporty coupe', not like where it is soft and buttery stock.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i believe the hotchkis springs are pretty stiff so blowing out ur shocks is going to be a definite.