Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TRD Shocks, Springs, and Rear Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD Shocks, Springs, and Rear Sway Bar

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...1&parts_id=583

Does anyone have this installed? How do you think it will ride? How would you adjust an adjustable sway bar? Thanks for any help. I want to lower my car and stiffen the suspention. I would think the 1 1/4" would be good drop. Does anyone have any pics of the trd springs installed. I wanted to see how it looked.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have that setup, and I bought it mid-november when it was on sale for $480, and that's the lowest price drop I've seen since on that combo, you better ****** it up when you get the chance, the shocks alone cost $525

I'm thinking of looking into Progressive rate springs (harder spring rate as the springs compress farther) but I'm not sure how progressive springs would work in a 3000lb car... seems interesting, I have a lot of experience with them, but not on cars

but I love the setup, best mod I've done to my car - the only problem is it's bouncy in these crappy middle-of-nowhere high-traffic low-maintenance roads when you're going fast, but my tC handles like a dream and I love the drop, not too low if I need to actually drive the car daily and doesn't look too high on stock rims, but you can feel the bigger bumps, so a spring change might be good

even if I had to pay ANOTHER $200 for a different spring set, the sway bar and shocks are worth like $700 so it doesn't matter to me - you adjust the sway bar by changing it's settings to make the bar more rigid, you have "street" and "race" settings, and mine's been on race settings since I got it, isn't much of a noticeable difference when it was on street and it only takes two bolts to change the settings

MAKE SURE YOU GET A GOOD DEAL ON THE INSTALL!!!!! I had it done by Scionlife member BrianxB (YOU ROCK BRIAN) and it was $175 - dealers would charge over $500 for that install - find somebody who knows what they're doing and have them install it, I could've done it if I had the extensive tools it took, but I don't so there ya go