Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

trd shocks & springs spec sheet? plz help

Old 04-02-2014, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default trd shocks & springs spec sheet? plz help

I have done some searching but cant find anything in previous threads. So i bought the springs and shocks from TRD Sparks a month or so ago and I'm ready to install it. Firestone does my alignments so i called them to make an appointment, and they said they need a spec sheet for the suspension set up?

Something about punching the proper numbers in the computer to make the proper adjustments mainly due to caster and camber? what the heck are they talking about and could it be in the box? (i have yet to open it) Thanks for the help.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tell them they need to punch in ZERO's!!!

This isn't a real request. Tell them to figure it out. Or go somewhere else. They aren't asking for anything real.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha, I was kind of dumbfounded when he asked me...if i wanted to do his job then i wouldn't have called them in the first place.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes exactly. Thank you.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:37 AM

Hi, I have a question. Does the scion have 4 struts and 4 shocks, two in the front and two in the back for each? I'm kind of lost - I bought S-tech springs and I need aftermarket stuff to lower it. I am not sure what I need...if someone could help. Thanks!
Old 04-18-2014, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't understand your question really... If you have the springs, then that is all you need to lower it. Take the old springs off and put the new ones in their place. What are you getting at? Or what/where have you read this that makes you question this?
Old 04-30-2014, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc
I don't understand your question really... If you have the springs, then that is all you need to lower it. Take the old springs off and put the new ones in their place. What are you getting at? Or what/where have you read this that makes you question this?
I think he is asking us for tools? Do you need tools my friend? Maybe he needs help googling where he can get them installed? I sure hope he isnt doing it himself...
Old 04-30-2014, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, he then made his own thread and I went through the painful process of talking him through it. It's all good though.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc
Yeah, he then made his own thread and I went through the painful process of talking him through it. It's all good though.
Do people not get books for their cars anymore? What kind of world are we living in! The internet cannot fix everything people. Lesson for the day
Old 04-30-2014, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by burgandybomber
Do people not get books for their cars anymore? What kind of world are we living in! The internet cannot fix everything people. Lesson for the day
If everyone had books for their stuff...this forum help would not even exist....this is a forum that is meant for questions, help, and opinions/showing off what you have. If it was such an inconvenience for you, I guess I should apologize that it simply disrupted your self being.

I heard with s-techs, being a 2.4 inch drop, will blow your stock struts within 5000-10000 miles, for example them being brand new. I decided I'm going aftermarket tokico struts, 4 brand new strut mounts, with the s-tech springs. Now if you excuse me, I got better things to do then to explain myself to somebody about being new to the car scene and not knowing much about stuff and resort to a specific forum topic based on what I needed help with. Have a good day.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

C'mon, he's just a kid and is learning. We've all been there at some point. Good luck with modding dude. There's a lot of good info on this site considering this car has been on the market for almost 10 years. Keep reading up and you're sure to learn tons.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just razzing my man, relax. If I knew everything I wouldn't be here. My TRD struts were on for 60k and only the one rear strut was really blown. I guess it depends on what road conditions are, alignment, and proper tire pressure. Most people drop the car and then don't correct the excessive negative camber on low springs like S-techs. You'd need rear control arms in the back and camber bolts in the front.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no you don't need rear camber arms because s-techs do not lower your car that low in the rear. the stock arms are able to go +/- 2 degrees i think....that's what i remember.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc913
no you don't need rear camber arms because s-techs do not lower your car that low in the rear. the stock arms are able to go +/- 2 degrees i think....that's what i remember.
Every circumstance is different. Once it is aligned you will know if there is enough adjustment. I was not able to align the car properly without them.