Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

why you have your car aligned after you lower it

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by a1racer
you all ready argued your point on the other thread now you are trying to bring it up agine when the facts are in your face the toe as well as camber were changed by lowering the car yet you still try to argue your point let it go and realize you are wrong. i dont go in the xb fourm and tell you how to work on your box this is a totaly differant car. and a totaly differant suspension . just to make thing's clear no body ever said cambet = toe your just to lazy to read the entire post where i listed that the toe as well as camber where both not with in factory spec's
Can anyone say run on sentence?

It doesn't matter what suspension set up you have, or the car. I know nobody said camber=toe but you keep bringing up the fact/implying the fact that when you lower a car you will have toe issues which is completely incorrect. Am i telling you how to work on your tC, no. Maybe you are assuming that by not reading my entire posts.

I even said, its a good idea to get your car aligned when you have an aggressive drop because you can have slight alignment issues when first dropped. However, you don't need to balance your tires when you drop it, you can, but its not something manditory.
Its great you are giving off information for people, but don't tell people when you lower a car you will definitely have toe issues because its not 100%. Sure, it can happen, but if done correctly just lowering a car under 2'' like you have especially, you won't have a issues.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

heh^^

a1racer: suspension is suspension, drop it, you align it.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Banned
SL Member

im going in to drop my car wit some s-terchs on monday. How long do I waite before I align? 2 weeks?
Old 01-08-2006, 10:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by beezyyy
im going in to drop my car wit some s-terchs on monday. How long do I waite before I align? 2 weeks?
If you feel your car pulling to one side or the other, its out of alignment.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I Have had my TRD Springs on my car for 11 months now, and Nitto Neo gens for 9 1/2 months and put 7,000 miles on them and never aligned them once, nor am i ready for rubber yet. I brought my car into 3 different toyota dealerships and they all said that my car in no way needs an alignment. I dont know if this is true or not, but so far everythings alright. We will see.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nobody said you will def have toe issues if you look above you will see that the car is barley lower than the trd drop and that the camber and toe was out of spec front and rear now it is not like it is so bad that the car is not able to drive but should still be aligned now the reason i put this in the tc forum and not any other is because the xa and xb are differant car's and may not have the same issues when lowered also no one ever said that the tires would wear out after only a couple of thousand miles but that you are cutting down your tread life and that you would get a better contact patch as well as traction with a proper alignment maby when i said that i dont tell you how to work on your xb that was a bad example what i shoul have said was that you are a post ***** who has to have a comment for everything even if it does not pertain to you. how is that for a run on sentence.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Banned
SL Member

How often are you supposed to get an alignment done?
Old 01-08-2006, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

whenever you make an adjustment to your suspension.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when you lower you car you should give it maby 1-2 week's for the spring's to settle then get it aligned you can wait for a while but in the long run it it better to have it done as soon as you can.