Notices

ANY TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR RELOCATE TO NEW RIMS STORIES?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by BrEaK_AwaY
nope. at my dealership we had a xb get 18"s and service did exactly what i said with the TPMS's. i havent been upclose and personal to see it, but thats what they told me
well i could get rid of the donut spare and use one of my stock rim/tire and put all 4 tsp sensors on that ..make sure they are stuck on the rim properly not just floating around in the tire so when i get a flat i could still use it and not be stranded, you think that idea is possible? Cuz i really don't want to keep the stock rims or pay almost 2grand for those ugly 18" enkei rims the dealer offers
Old 06-30-2007, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You are correct Falkor. You will actually have to have them taken off the rim so the sensor can be mounted to the rim and then the tires can be mounted back on and rebalanced.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by psycosoldier
Originally Posted by BrEaK_AwaY
nope. at my dealership we had a xb get 18"s and service did exactly what i said with the TPMS's. i havent been upclose and personal to see it, but thats what they told me
well i could get rid of the donut spare and use one of my stock rim/tire and put all 4 tsp sensors on that ..make sure they are stuck on the rim properly not just floating around in the tire so when i get a flat i could still use it and not be stranded, you think that idea is possible? Cuz i really don't want to keep the stock rims or pay almost 2grand for those ugly 18" enkei rims the dealer offers
No that wont be possible, one where are you going to put the stock tire at? Just have it sitting in the back of the car b/c I highly doubt it will fit in that whole where the spare is at...just doesnt looke like it will fit at all. Second, I don't think you can mount all four of them in one tire as you only have 1 valve stem hole. Now if you able to take the stems off without damaging them then yes you may be able to but I wouldnt do it or try it.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rspectc
i have an 07 and i swapped out my rims without the tps sensors and my light hasn't come on and i've been rolling on them for a couple months now.
mine didn't come on for a while, either, but eventually it did and now it's there to stay unless i get rid of the warning LED
Old 07-02-2007, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

the 06 system and 08 system is run completely different. the 06 doesn thave a sesnsor in the tire, and you cant convert an 08 to the 06 system (that i know of... and if you do im sure it would cost alot, and you would somehow need to re-program that part of the ecu).
Old 07-02-2007, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well the 06 version ran off the ABS sensor. If it detected a wheel spinning slower than the rest then it activated the light, the 07+ have the actual air pressure sensor now... So yeah, it would probably cost a lot of money to go to the 06 model if the ABS system is different now (lacking that part now) and other stuff, just not worth it IMO. If it were me, and I didn't want to do any of the above and knew I wouldn't be using the pressure system anymore then I would either take out the led or just put a piece of black electrical tape over it and put it back on the gauge cluster face. Perhaps the cheapest method do getting rid of it.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:11 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

if people just want to trick it to keep the light off and dont care about if its actually working. Why not pull the dash apart and put a black piece of tape over the light?
Old 09-29-2007, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah i recently had my wheels switched off wit new ones and when i had them switched i was told that there was no TPS on the stock wheels. And one of u guys sed that the 06 is using the ABS system rather than wit the 08's having the "actual TPS in there" then i feel a lil bit reassured cuz that would suck if my stock tires still had the TPS in there. So im hoping the 06 and the 08's have different system thanks guys i feel a lot better hehe.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are the 06 really using the abs system which means its an indirect system correct???
Old 10-14-2007, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just got word from theModCity (e90post forum sponsor) that any and all one piece cast rims will work with the 2007-2008 tpms systems and you won't have to use a strap on kit to mount it to the rim.......on the other hand, the two piece and three piece forged rims have to use a strap on kit or some other mounting kit to get the tpms sensor onto the rim. Just FYI ^^