Notices

G Games tires size/offset for 18X8.5?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member

Default G Games tires size/offset for 18X8.5?

Ive been looking at wheels/tires for over a month now and finally settled on some g games 77 wolf 2 piece 18x8.5 in gun metal.

I keep hearing different tire sizes and offsets from different people tho. Anyone actually know or can accurately guess the best tire size and offset so no rubbing or any other issues arise.

Any info would be much appreciated. Ive seen some other posts roughly on this subject but nothing really helped. thanks
Old 07-20-2006, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member

btw...i have tein basic coilovers lowered about 2 inches all around if that affects anything...so i can adjust if necessary.. i need to order these things before they freakin sell out like every where else...thx for help
Old 07-20-2006, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: G Games tires size/offset for 18X8.5?

Originally Posted by Whtballer
so no rubbing or any other issues arise.
thats hard with 18x8.5. you should get 18x8 or 18x7.5 if you dont want any rubbing or other issues.

ScionLife member Eujin has 18x8.5 et40 front, et30 rear. 215/40/18 tires. Hit him up.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member

im sooo confused. First of all, how would i message eujin or whatever, i tried to find him on the member list but you have to go page by page to find anyone and that would take forever.

Second, I went to america's tire company and ordered 18X8.5 with 50mm gunmetal g games 77 wolf with 235/20/18 tires. Now im still confused about offset. Does the lower mm mean the wheel sticks out more or does it mean it sticks out less or wut? Also does it mean there's less lip depending on the offset.

So will this setup work or should i go with a lower offset....dang, someone plz help, im so confused! i dont want me rims to be f****** considering how much i am about to pay for them.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whtballer
im sooo confused. First of all, how would i message eujin or whatever, i tried to find him on the member list but you have to go page by page to find anyone and that would take forever.

Second, I went to america's tire company and ordered 18X8.5 with 50mm gunmetal g games 77 wolf with 235/20/18 tires. Now im still confused about offset. Does the lower mm mean the wheel sticks out more or does it mean it sticks out less or wut? Also does it mean there's less lip depending on the offset.

So will this setup work or should i go with a lower offset....dang, someone plz help, im so confused! i dont want me rims to be f****** considering how much i am about to pay for them.
use the red "search" button (middle-top of screen) and type "eujin" under author search. thats how i found -> https://www.scionlife.com/profile/eujin

the lower offset number means the wheels sticks out more. higher offset means the wheels stick in more. 18x8.5 et50 on 235s will rub against the suspension, especially when you turn. stick with 225 (front) or 235 (rear) tires and et35 offset. eujin has a lower offset (sticks out more) but he has a narrower tire to compensate.

lower offset typically results in more lip.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member

hmmm....i just talked to the dude i ordered them from...america's tire company, and he is insisting that the higher offset will mean less rubbing, that they suggest i go at the lowest 44 and that if i went lower there would be minor rubbing issues going over pot holes and crap...and then i call a guy at wheelsdirectonline and he says going with a 42 would be best....i dunno wtf
Old 07-21-2006, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You're gonna want to run +48 or +50 offset.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if youre really worried about rubbing, go with the et48-50 and buy some wheel spacers if you dont like how they look.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member

cool...thanks for the input guys. sorry i'm kinda noob with this whole offset business and crap. Im just hoping they turn out okay. i'll post some pics as soon as i get em on.

Btw spacers adjust what exactly? the space between rim and brakes, or where the wheels meet the suspension, or how the tires sits in the wheel well? Again, sorry if i ask noob questions, i got wheels/tires on my civic and somehow didnt find out till now how much went into getting wheels/tires that fit right.