Notices

Tire Pressure Sensors/Monitor Everything Mods sticky please

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, buy from Toyota.

The local shops in my area actually charge MORE for a chinese aftermarket TPMS sensor than most Toyota dealership charge for the much higher quality OEM units.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:57 AM

Hi, I just bought a 2007 tC for my daughter and the lot we bought it from put 2013 FR-S wheels on it. They told me it just needed to be synced to get the light to go off,
I have taken it to Les Schwab and discount tire and they both told me that the TPMS in the 2013 wheels are not compatible with the tC and I needed to buy 4 new sensors for $60 each plus installation.
I just wanted to make sure this is the case before dropping that kinda cash. Any advice will be appreciated. I hope this is in the right section.

Thanks in advance.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-10-2020 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ptpuffers
Hi, I just bought a 2007 tc for my daughter and the lot we bought it from put 2013 frs wheels on it. They told me it just needed to be synced to get the light to go off, I have taken it to les schwab and discount tire and they both told me that the tpms in the 2013 wheels are not compatible with the tc and I needed to buy 4 new sensors for $60 each plus installation. I just wanted to make sure this is the case before dropping that kinda cash. Any advice will be appreciated. I hope this is in the right section.

Thanks in advance.
It's honestly should not matter what sensors are in the wheels. Because the sensors are the ones that have the numbers on them to be programmed to the TPMS system. However I have never ran into this issue before because you we're also talking about 10 year or so time difference. My suggestion, try and get a second opinion. Maybe your local tire shop can do it for you. If not and you just bought the car from a dealership. Take the TC back to the dealership that you purchased the car from and have them get it fixed, and do it right. Because they sold the car to you in that condition
Old 06-14-2016, 02:24 AM

Thanks for the reply, I did not think it would matter either, I think what they are doing is scanning for 2007 tc codes not 2013 frs codes. I will go to a different tire center and hope for the best..Thanks again
Old 11-23-2016, 03:56 PM
SL Member

Looking for some assistance with this tire pressure dash light on my 2010 tC.

My car currently flashes the tire pressure light on and off for 60 seconds and then remains solid. I've tried pushing and holding the reset button inside the glovebox for over 15 seconds with the key in the "on" position and then having the light remain solid (after the 60 seconds of blinking); I have also tried holding down the reset button while the light is blinking. Neither method results in the light blinking 3-times or ever turning off--it just remains on no matter what I do. I have made sure the front and rear tires have the correct PSI (32/29 respectively).

Would appreciate any help or suggestions as I'm at an impasse on this.

Last edited by Coligion; 11-23-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Coligion
Looking for some assistance with this tire pressure dash light on my 2010 tC.

My car currently flashes the tire pressure light on and off for 60 seconds and then remains solid. I've tried pushing and holding the reset button inside the glove for over 15 seconds with the key in the "on" position and the having the light remain solid (after the 60 seconds of blinking); I have also tried holding down the reset button while the light is blinking. Neither method results in the light blinking 3-times or ever turning off--it just remains on no matter what I do. I have made sure the front and rear tires have the correct PSI (32/29 respectively).

Would appreciate any help or suggestions as I'm at an impasse on this.
My guess is one of the sensors are not responding or more. Usually they have a 5 to 6 year battery life span so you may need a new sensor.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:31 PM

Default help with start run

This is not about tires and wheels but you seem to know a lot about these 1st Gen tCs. I just had a total rebuild. All seems good so far except it starts and does after 3 seconds. Can seem to find answer to problem.
Almost everything has been replaced on this car. The only thing not on is hood, front bumper and front tires. Can't find a bolt and nut but that's least of my worries. Can you direct me on how to find the run problem?

Its a 5-Spd if that matters. Haven't found leaks anywhere.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-10-2020 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by cjspitfire16
This is not about tires and wheels but you seem to know a lot about these 1st gen tv's. I just had a total rebuild. All seems good so far except it starts and does after 3 seconds. Can seem to find answer to problem. Almost everything has been replaced on this car. The only thing not on is hood, front bumper and front tires. Can't find a bolt and nut but that's least of my worries. Can you direct me on how to find the run problem? Its a 5sp if that matters. Haven't found leaks anywhere
This Thread is about tire pressures and sensors. Has nothing to do with why your car won't start . There is no way I can diagnose or fix a car through a form. No one can. But it sounds like you're losing fuel pressure. Take it to a shop and knows what they're actually doing. that's all I can suggest
Old 12-04-2016, 01:50 AM

Thanks
Old 01-03-2017, 03:34 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sgtfluffy16
My guess is one of the sensors are not responding or more. Usually they have a 5 to 6 year battery life span so you may need a new sensor.
Thanks for the response. Finally got around to taking the car to Discount Tire. Apparently they have a device that can detect if the internal battery is dead or not in the sensor. Two of my four were confirmed faulty. Sadly, they want $60 per tire to get these replaced. I figure the next two are due soon enough given their finite lifespan and it would make sense to do all four. That's a lot of money to spend to remedy an albeit very annoying dash light.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:19 AM
SL Member

Default TPS Sensor

I have a 2005 Scion tC that has TPS but my Sensor is going off like random. I have reset this thing 20-30 times my tires are bald but I put my tires on 32psi a d 29 psi. I'll drive down the road and 10 minutes later it cuts back on. I don't think I have this on my car but I do have that button in my glove compartment box. But I can't buy a new one because I don't know where to get it fixed. The instructions to fix the TPS Sensor is the engine has to be on hold for 3 seconds as per the book and the light should blink and and go away i have done that but my light still comes on after driving home from work. I live in South Carolina any in South Carolina can help me is much appreciated.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-10-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by lakelifegaming
I have a 2005 Scion tC that has TPS but my Sensor is going off like random. I have reset this thing 20-30 times my tires are bald but I put my tires on 32psi a d 29 psi. I'll drive down the road and 10 minutes later it cuts back on. I don't think I have this on my car but I do have that button in my glove compartment box. But I can't buy a new one because I don't know where to get it fixed. The instructions to fix the TPS Sensor is the engine has to be on hold for 3 seconds as per the book and the light should blink and and go away i have done that but my light still comes on after driving home from work. I live in South Carolina any in South Carolina can help me is much appreciated.
Your TPMS is read through your ABS sensor. So as far as why your lights going off I would guess you have a problem with your ABS system. What other lights do you have illuminated on your dash?

Btw TPS is a synonym for throttle position sensor

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-10-2020 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-28-2022, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the dreaded TPMS light that flashes, then goes solid after a minute. I corrected the tire pressures and pressed the reset button for more than 3 seconds. This did not fix the fix the error light.

Is it most-likely dead, tire-valve batteries? I don't have a DTC reader to confirm.

Does anybody actually replace these expired tire-valves or should I disconnect the dash light and monitor tire pressure the old school way?
Old 11-28-2022, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by 62Fender
I have the dreaded TPMS light that flashes, then goes solid after a minute. I corrected the tire pressures and pressed the reset button for more than 3 seconds. This did not fix the fix the error light.

Is it most-likely dead, tire-valve batteries? I don't have a DTC reader to confirm.

Does anybody actually replace these expired tire-valves or should I disconnect the dash light and monitor tire pressure the old school way?
go buy new sensors. There is no way to disable it! Sensors are $30 or less. That's the only way you're going to get rid of the light
Old 11-28-2022, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2023, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

go buy new sensors. There is no way to disable it! Sensors are $30 or less. That's the only way you're going to get rid of the light
Ok, so I got he sensors and had them installed. What's a good, cheap tpms scan tool that's scion compatible? Otherwise the stealer wants $80 per wheel to match the news sensors with my oem brain.
Old 10-27-2023, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by 62Fender
Ok, so I got he sensors and had them installed. What's a good, cheap tpms scan tool that's scion compatible? Otherwise the stealer wants $80 per wheel to match the news sensors with my oem brain.

some more information like a budget would be helpful. Depends on what you want it to do for you. Just tire pressures? try using google to look around for TPMS sensor relearn tool. Just remember you get what you pay for. I know what i want out of a scan tool and TPMS as i would rather have 1 tool do it all. I have an AUTEL MP808TS that i use for pretty much everything. Go use their website to do some research. Maybe a TS601 is your forte. Or go down to the TS 501 or a TS 401.
Old 12-17-2023, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

some more information like a budget would be helpful.

I'll say. When you tell someone, "it's on $30", don't forget to mention the additional several hundred.