Notices

Volk rays TE37

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 06:48 AM
SL Member

Default Volk rays TE37

Hey everyone, im buying this set of rims used and i was wondering if anyone has experience with them or advice in general.

The seller says they are 18's but doesnt know how wide they are. They will be going on my girlfriend's car, she has a TRD drop so it should be ok.

He says the tires are new, ill of course look at everything in person before i purchase them. I guess my main worry is that they will be too wide, whats the max width i can use comfortably, and can i use a tape-measure to check?

Thanks for any general advice you can offer.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There should be a sticker in the barrel of the wheel with the specs. For measuring wheel width, tires need to be off obviously, check the vid. Maximum width and offset depends all on how much work you want to get it to fit. Widths in the 10s with 20 offset will require fender rolling and pulling if you don't want to run a lot of negative camber. Without any more info of the wheel you're wanting none can really tell much of what needs to be done or work. Are they a 5x100 pattern? If not then you'll need spacer adapters to run them. Which car were they on before he put them up for sale?

Old 05-28-2012, 11:12 AM
SL Member

He says hes using them on his tC now. He is selling the tires with the rims so getting to the inside of it may not be possible before the sale :/

Ill try and ask him again about the specs... i think there is a slight language barrier
Old 05-28-2012, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You see the stickers in the wheel here(in the barrel behind the spoke), that's all he has to look at for the specs.
http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...10/10/1615.jpg
Old 05-28-2012, 08:09 PM
SL Member

He says the offset is 43, im not sure what that means.

He still claims not to know the width, ill have to check in person
Old 05-28-2012, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The factory wheel offset is 45, so it means the wheel will be sitting tucked(the wheel width might be a 7.5 if running a +43 offset). What's the tire size, and is it stretched or look square(the sidewall straight with the wheel)? Seems like it might be a stockish looking setup.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:02 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by dropzone
The factory wheel offset is 45, so it means the wheel will be sitting tucked(the wheel width might be a 7.5 if running a +43 offset). What's the tire size, and is it stretched or look square(the sidewall straight with the wheel)? Seems like it might be a stockish looking setup.
Thanks for your help dropzone, i think im gonna go ahead and get them.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool

Originally Posted by TheShirk
Hey everyone, im buying this set of rims used and i was wondering if anyone has experience with them or advice in general.

The seller says they are 18's but doesnt know how wide they are. They will be going on my girlfriend's car, she has a TRD drop so it should be ok.

He says the tires are new, ill of course look at everything in person before i purchase them. I guess my main worry is that they will be too wide, whats the max width i can use comfortably, and can i use a tape-measure to check?

Thanks for any general advice you can offer.
Just wanted to let you know, that be careful purchasing these wheels too as there are a few fakes or replicas out there of these wheels. That could have a huge difference on not only price, but quality also. Good luck with sale, please let us know what happens and post some pics
Old 06-11-2012, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

for an 18" rim 42+ - +48 offset is a 7.5-8" for legit rays. Unless you're getting some Japanese spec, for which is rare.