Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Any GOOD LED's for the tC2? Mine suck..

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member

Default Any GOOD LED's for the tC2? Mine suck..

Hey guys, I bought me some LEDs for my tC2 turn signals for both the front and rear. They aren't bright at all and pretty much resemble parking lights. I need LEDs that are obviously just as bright as the stock non-LEDs. Paid a PRETTY penny for these things for nothing. I have load resistors on all four corners but I just need some BRIGHT LEDs. I got mine from v-LEDs.com and was wondering if there was another website that sells legit LEDs. Here the link to my tC2 to show you guys what i'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upEc5...ature=youtu.be

*In the video the LED's look brighter than they really are. Maybe try viewing it in HD..??*

These are what the bulbs look like...
Old 01-20-2012, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Honestly from your video its definitely hard to tell. I do admit that the ones I have in my far aren't QUITE as bright as the stocks but definitely visible in daylight.

The ones I have I got from autolumination. They have a tower that has 108 SMT LEDs. I am using that tower as my reverse and its gorgeous. Its a bit expensive at 35 per bulb, but is probably the brightest you can get.

As for what I am using for my blinkers, I am using their cheaper 16 led bulbs for my blinkers that cost 10 each and they are just fine.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member

Yeah, I kind of figured the video was going to throw people off. I honestly just switched back to my stock bulbs about an hr ago. Mine were barely decent at night and HORRIBLE in during the day. Especially when its really sunny. I'm going to definitely look and see what autolumination has. Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its the least I can try to do to repay you for your awesome DIY. Also you may want to check out my DIY on replacing the stock flasher with one compatible with LEDs. Much better and safer than load resistors.

But yeah they have a great selection of 7440 bulbs. You should be able to find something there that will do great. They ship quickly too.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks, I greatly appreciate it! And i definitely will, I didn't like the idea of resistors but I didn't know of any other way to stop the hyperflashing.

Do they do returns by any chance or is that just dumb question? Lol
And for the shipping, I'm damn glad they're quick. V-LEDS.com took 2 weeks...
Old 01-20-2012, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't see a problem with the ones you got from v-leds right now. Incoming drivers can see you turning right? It's not dim like some other cars on the road...

I would stick a 100+ led tower in there if you want super bright. But it's all personal preference and what you can afford and what you consider bright.

Check out the popular sites like autolumination and superbrightleds and see if what they got fits your needs. Remember there are many different styles of LEDS so bulb count sometimes doesn't always matter. Placement and type is a big thing too look out too, and of course read the reviews if you see any.

I went eBay for my turn signals... I'll see how that turns out in a weekish when I get my order (hopefully LOL).

Good luck man! But I think what you have right now is bright enough
Old 01-20-2012, 04:21 AM
Banned

eBay, I've bought more good LED bulbs etc from Hong Kong etc than any of those overpriced ones. Never had a problem and only takes a week and a half or so to get them.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

led's are hit and miss for me. ive bought some from places mentioned and ive got some from sellers on here and some work good(4 years now) and some are crap(1 month).....