Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Replacement Shocks and Struts

Old 01-20-2015, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Replacement Shocks and Struts

Just to let the people know who may need replacement shocks and or struts due to installing lowering springs or may just have been a faulty OEM product i have found 2 websites with them so far and i will link them down below.

(Autoanything)
KYB Excel-G Shocks & Struts

(Fastscions)
Scion tC2 Shocks & Struts

I need some replacements myself since mine went bad but too broke to buy some yet and provide a review for you.

Good Luck!
Old 02-26-2015, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is a few sites in addition to what was mentioned above.
(I'm waiting on an Eibach Pro-kit springs and sway bar set to come in soon. Also bought KYB shocks and struts too. 85k miles on a 2011)

Rockauto.com - super cheap, even with shipping, as compared to other sites. (Plus they have some great components cheap, like brake pads, cabin air filter, and windshield wipers)

Tirerack.com - currently they have the Eibach springs and sway bars, and KYB struts (no rear shocks).
Old 02-26-2015, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Renike
Just to let the people know who may need replacement shocks and or struts due to installing lowering springs or may just have been a faulty OEM product i have found 2 websites with them so far and i will link them down below.

(Autoanything)
KYB Excel-G Shocks & Struts

(Fastscions)
Scion tC2 Shocks & Struts

I need some replacements myself since mine went bad but too broke to buy some yet and provide a review for you.

Good Luck!
Good looking out buddy. My 2011 has been lowered for almost 4 years on OE shocks and struts and I'm pretty sure they are all failing. The car doesn't seem to handle as tightly and I'm getting noise in the suspension when going over bumps. Will definitely be replacing all shocks and struts when the weather breaks!
Old 02-28-2015, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a heads up for all '14+ TC owners, KYB shocks and struts are available only for '11-'13. KYB has not released a part number for years '14+ only for the XB and XD
Old 02-28-2015, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDP
Just a heads up for all '14+ TC owners, KYB shocks and struts are available only for '11-'13. KYB has not released a part number for years '14+ only for the XB and XD
'14+ tC's only have cosmetic differences. Drivetrain, suspension, chassis, and anything important under the hood is all the same.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by biglilsteve
Good looking out buddy. My 2011 has been lowered for almost 4 years on OE shocks and struts and I'm pretty sure they are all failing. The car doesn't seem to handle as tightly and I'm getting noise in the suspension when going over bumps. Will definitely be replacing all shocks and struts when the weather breaks!
No prob mine are failing after a year but I think hitting and running over a coyote in texas made matters worse especially being lowered lol but that problem is getting fixed. as well as I'm going coilovers instead of replacing the shocks and struts figured it would be cheaper in the long run anyways lol
Old 03-01-2015, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by biglilsteve
'14+ tC's only have cosmetic differences. Drivetrain, suspension, chassis, and anything important under the hood is all the same.
OEM Part numbers match up to be the same for all TC2s. KYB must be slacking on their online page.