Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 02:41 AM

Default Bumper

Has anyone had any issues with the rear bumper of the tc2 squeaking? It almost sounds like styrofoam rubbing together but I've taken my bumper off and put it back on to still hear the noise when I go over a bump, etc. I should add, it almost looks like the drivers side of the bumper doesn't sit correctly (there is a small gap that isn't present on the passenger side of the same spot) It's really annoying but I haven't been able to fix it. Ideas?
Old 05-01-2014, 12:48 PM
SL Member

I too have a noisy rear end on my tC. I would describe the noise as a "creak" rather than a "squeak". I have always thought it was the suspension or maybe even the body of the car itself. However, I cannot rule out the bumper causing my noise issue although I will say my bumper has no fitment problems at all. Sorry for the lack of help, I just thought I'd share a similar problem.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:57 PM

Default Bumper

Yeah originally I thought it was my exhaust or suspension or even my license plate frame. Eventually, I was just bound determined to figure it out and I grabbed my bumper and voila! I heard the noise that I couldn't ever seem to mimic. Its so annoying just wish I could find some solution. But yeah, definitely try the bumper. It could be your problem. I work at a car dealership and I've done it to new tCs and they all seem to have that oddly fitting bumper.