Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Clear Bra and Windows Tinting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 03:19 AM

Default Clear Bra and Windows Tinting?

Hello All,

I am new to the forum here, and I have just put in my order for a 2011 Alpine White. Questions for all of you from Toronto Ontario

1) Have any of you put on Clear Bra? If so, does it only cover up perhaps 1/3 of your hood only or does it cover your entire hood? Please also share where you got it done and how much it costs you if you don't mind.

2) Have any of you tinted your windows? Again, please share where you got it done and how much it costs you if you don't mind.

Thanks a lot!
Old 06-16-2011, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't live in Canada, but I have the Vehicle Shield Package (Clear bra) and it only goes up maybe 1/3 of the hood like you said. It's helpful but I sure wish it was bigger...
Old 06-16-2011, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know if you search around, there maybe somebody who does it aside from the dealerships. They can do it to your specifications and cover the bumper and the entire hood if you wish. I believe there was a place over here in texas somewhere but i don't remember. Just see if anybody does it in Toronto, Canada.

Tinting costs depends on what kind of tint you go with and the brand... so it fluctuates from place to place.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by rowong
Hello All,

I am new to the forum here, and I have just put in my order for a 2011 Alpine White. Questions for all of you from Toronto Ontario

1) Have any of you put on Clear Bra? If so, does it only cover up perhaps 1/3 of your hood only or does it cover your entire hood? Please also share where you got it done and how much it costs you if you don't mind.

2) Have any of you tinted your windows? Again, please share where you got it done and how much it costs you if you don't mind.

Thanks a lot!

I got my 2012 tC clear bra'd and tinted..
Image1 did it in Kitchener...

1) clear bra; ranges in price; I got a 'friend' price... I got my full bumper, fenders, mirrors and hood done

2) windows tinted at 35%; again prices range, depends what brand you want... And I got a 'friend' price
Old 03-14-2013, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I'm not from Toronto but there is no limit to how much of the car you can clear bra. A skilled clear bra installer can cover every single inch of your car if you wish.