Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Hid in fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 08:27 PM

Default Hid in fog lights

Hi, i just bought some fog lights " spec d" and im wondering how can I connect hid bulbs in it? Is there any DIY on how to wire all this? Thank you!
Old 03-15-2016, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well just wire them up following the included directions. Then, instead of installing normal bulbs, install the HID bulbs with ballasts.

Have you installed HIDs before?
Old 03-16-2016, 12:14 AM

Yes I did install hid before, but never in fog lights so I was wondering if I needed to cut some wires or whatever! I didnt receive my kit yet so im not sure! Ill let you guys know if any help is needed.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope, no need to follow any different procedures for installing HIDs in fogs. Same procedure as installing in your headlights, just a different location.

Main difference is ballast location, where you'll need to get a bit more creative. You'll be good
Old 03-16-2016, 06:33 PM

Yea I just received my fog light, but im still waiting for the hids to come! Im not really comfortable with aftermarket parts, so im wondering if its possible to use the oem harness with my aftermarket kit? Reason i want this, is to have my fog lights turn on/off if im on the low beam and car is turned off. I dont want to take a chance and leave them ON for the whole night by mistake ''already happened and its not fun''

If its not possible, than a have a question regarding this spec d fog light harness. It is strange to my eyes.
Harness 1 : I got the 2 connectors for the bulb which are wired to the relay. I got a RED wire from the relay, not sure where this one go. I also got another RED wire coming from the relay to the fuse, and on the other end there is another RED wire... Where do I plug these guys? Both red ends into the battery?

Harness 2 : Should be fine, I get the yellow wire from harness 1 into the firewall and attach it to yellow wire from harness 2. Then I got a black and red wire. Black should be ground and the red should be ignition wire? I would plug the red wire to my low beams, but then could I turn them off even on my low beams?

I put a picture of the harness 1 below
Thank you!!

Last edited by polskie; 03-16-2016 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:47 PM

Old 03-16-2016, 07:13 PM

Ok so I did more research and ill probly just plug the red wire from harness 2 into the grey wire for the ignition '' so now my fogs will turn off if the ignition is off ''

Now I need to figure out where the 2 red wires from harness 1 go... as seen in the picture!
Old 03-19-2016, 12:40 AM

Ok so I found the problem, these idiots at spec D made the ground wire RED! So with luck I assembled everything without blowing up the kit! It was supposed to be 2 red 2 black but the spec D kit came with 3 red 1 black. As for the fog light quality, looks cheap as hell! Lots of plastic and bad quality sealing. I bought hid for the kit, but the original bulb with the kit were very bright, I was surprised because lots of people on honda forums complained about the bulbs, looks like they their bulbs changed by now! We will see how they holding up.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by polskie
Ok so I found the problem, these idiots at spec D made the ground wire RED! So with luck I assembled everything without blowing up the kit! It was supposed to be 2 red 2 black but the spec D kit came with 3 red 1 black. As for the fog light quality, looks cheap as hell! Lots of plastic and bad quality sealing. I bought hid for the kit, but the original bulb with the kit were very bright, I was surprised because lots of people on honda forums complained about the bulbs, looks like they their bulbs changed by now! We will see how they holding up.
I don't know how I didn't notifications for your posts, but I am glad you got it worked out dude! Good luck.