Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

The COMPREHENSIVE Thread on NST Scion tC II Pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thealexhernandez
Why are the temperature settings on the initial run so different from the final test? Shouldn't those be controlled variables to get an accurate reading on output.
Good question!

If you read through the NST blog you will find that we did extensive testing with this pulley and did all our BEFORE and AFTER dynos on the same dyno, on the same car, on the same day.

Full article on the NST Blog: http://wp.me/pPD1d-u0
Quick YouTube video: http://youtu.be/j2eDOvKTF2s

The AFTER temps were higher than the before temps, and we still saw impressive gains in both HP and TQ at the wheels.

The NST CR-Lite Crank Pulley is, by far, THE BEST bang per buck engine modification for the Scion tC and Scion tC II.

Thanks again!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:12 AM

I want one!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NonStopTuning

An UPDATE for those of you who have been waiting:

We have a small number of CR-Lite Crank Pulleys for the tC II in stock NOW!
Order today, receive a tracking number today.

http://www.nonstoptuning.com/NSTPULL...itSciontC.html

Many thanks for the continued support ladies and gents. We certainly do appreciate it!

MIKE @ NST
still in stock?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member

So I thought I would just share my experience with the forum as far as my install. I know for most of you it seems like your installs went fairly easy but for me I had to improvise a bit. Everything was going great until I got to the stock crank pulley. The damn blot wouldn't break loose even with the impact. I tried breaker bars and hammers and I wouldn't budge and the crank pulley just kept spinning. After doing a google search I couldn't find anything that would help me out. So I did a general search... the solution? I put a breaker bar on the bolt head, put the handle agains the suspension, and CRANKED that ho! Needless to say the bolt broke loose and I was able to finish the install.Then the belt gave me trouble and I couldn't get it to go back on and down came the rain... I got soaked. Took me almost 2 hours to do something so simple... Oh and when I had everything back together and my tools put away the sun decided to come out... eh not a perfect day but I glad I got it done and I am happy with the result.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by disaster06
still in stock?
In stock and ready for immediate delivery!

http://www.nonstoptuning.com/NSTPULL...itSciontC.html

Thank you! Thank you!!

MIKE @ NST
Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackDaHlia
So I thought I would just share my experience with the forum as far as my install. I know for most of you it seems like your installs went fairly easy but for me I had to improvise a bit. Everything was going great until I got to the stock crank pulley. The damn blot wouldn't break loose even with the impact. I tried breaker bars and hammers and I wouldn't budge and the crank pulley just kept spinning. After doing a google search I couldn't find anything that would help me out. So I did a general search... the solution? I put a breaker bar on the bolt head, put the handle agains the suspension, and CRANKED that ho! Needless to say the bolt broke loose and I was able to finish the install.Then the belt gave me trouble and I couldn't get it to go back on and down came the rain... I got soaked. Took me almost 2 hours to do something so simple... Oh and when I had everything back together and my tools put away the sun decided to come out... eh not a perfect day but I glad I got it done and I am happy with the result.

I had a similar problem on mine. With out the rain though. It took like an hour and a half or so to install it.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to hear you got it all done. That one bolt holding the crank pulley in place can be a pain, but it's definitely tight for good reason.

Be sure to report back with us after you've had a chance to get some good comparisons between your new NST pulley and your old OEM one.

Thanks again!

MIKE @ NST
Old 10-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you for the inquiries and the orders this weekend, ladies and gents.

And for anyone else who may be interested, these pulleys are in stock.

Thanks again!

MIKE @ NST
Old 10-08-2012, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ sweeeet i'm gonna order one on Wednesday
Old 10-09-2012, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member

My pulley is working out great! So far its been a whole week and no problems. I went on a little road trip this past weekend and probably did 500 miles. I was at a consistent 29-30 mpg and the car feels great. It definitely has better throttle response. As for the power gains there is a noticeable difference but only a slight difference. Very happy with this product and if they made a pulley for my wife's Corolla I would buy it! lol Thanks NST.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My pulley is working out great! So far its been a whole week and no problems. I went on a little road trip this past weekend and probably did 500 miles. I was at a consistent 29-30 mpg and the car feels great. It definitely has better throttle response. As for the power gains there is a noticeable difference but only a slight difference. Very happy with this product and if they made a pulley for my wife's Corolla I would buy it! lol Thanks NST.
Glad to hear it. It's awesome that you're enjoying the new pulley.

And we do offer pulleys for a few different Corolla models!
http://www.nonstoptuning.com/NSTPULLEYS/pKitToyCor.htm

Which do you guys own?

MIKE @ NST
Old 10-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you Thank you SCION LIFE for the recent inquiries and orders. Much appreciated!

MIKE @ NST
Old 10-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone have any interesting new reviews, photos, stories?

MIKE @ NST
Old 10-12-2012, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member

My wife has the 2012 Corolla "S" didn't see one on the site for it though
Old 10-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My wife has the 2012 Corolla "S" didn't see one on the site for it though
NST08010 Toyota Corolla S 1.8 Crank Pulley is compatible with the 09-11 and the 2012 model. $148.00. Special Order Item right now.

http://www.nonstoptuning.com/NSTPULLEYS/pKitToyCor.htm

Looks like this!

MIKE @ NST
Old 10-14-2012, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are the pulleys in stock? I would like to order one Monday if they are.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member

Because our power steering is electronic the only other pulley they might make is the alternator pulley and if they did Id buy it. However not sure tif they plan to or not.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:52 AM
SL Member

So I have gave thought to getting this pulley, but people have steered me away from getting one in general...Most have said that replacing the stock pulley could cause vibrations that could cause engine damage in the long run. As a new owner to this car and really not a smart person about cars I was wondering if that was true. I have no knowledge about this subject could someone enlighten me?
Old 10-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First, thank you for the interest, the comments, and the questions everyone. Much appreciated.

We offer three pulleys for the first gen tC: crank, alternator, water pump. As many of you know, there are thousands of first gen tCs running around with these pulleys (since 2005) and these owners have nothing but positive things to say about our product. Unfortunately, with the engine/accessory design of the new second gen tC, the only pulley that we can offer at this time is our CR-Lite Crank Pulley. This pulley has shown amazing gains on the dyno and in the real world and is the best bang per buck mod for your tCII. There are no plans for any accessory pulleys at this time.

With regards to vibrations, etc. I have spent a great deal of time in this thread as well as the comprehensive thread we have in the first gen tC section of SL to cover this topic. While not all aftermarket pulleys are created equal, you can rest assured that we have done sufficient research to ensure that our product is safe for your car. You do not need to take my word for it. Search the Toyota, Scion, Nissan, Honda, etc. forums and you will find thousands of reviews from real world NST customers who use our products on their real world cars. You will find nothing but positive reviews dating back to 2005.

Finally, our tCII CR-Lite Crank Pulley is IN STOCK and ready for immediate delivery.

MIKE @ NST
Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by husser94
So I have gave thought to getting this pulley, but people have steered me away from getting one in general...Most have said that replacing the stock pulley could cause vibrations that could cause engine damage in the long run. As a new owner to this car and really not a smart person about cars I was wondering if that was true. I have no knowledge about this subject could someone enlighten me?
If you are worried about vibrations let me tell you that I have had my pulley on for about 4 weeks now and 2500 miles. No vibrations and no strange noises. If you are not confident about installing it yourself have a professional shop do it . Although this installation is fairly easy and there is no wrong way to install this pulley. They keyway(slot) on the pulley only allows it to go on one way. I think it was tougher getting the belt back on. Anyway the pulley is a great performance add on and I am loving it. I recommend it to all tC2 owners.

Oh and as far as any aftermarket part voiding warranty again the dealership has to be able to prove that the part that was added caused the car to break down. Worse case scenario keep your stock pulley and in the event of a breakdown (highly unlikely) swap pulleys before taking it to the dealer.

IMO NST pulley is a smarter choice than CAI or exhaust for first power adder and thats exactly what I did. Why waste money on something that you will loose power on? Get the pulley!

Quick Reply: The COMPREHENSIVE Thread on NST Scion tC II Pulleys