Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Dezod install help please...

Old 03-20-2016, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Dezod install help please...

Purchased the DEZOD Red header along with the Weapon-R CEL eliminator.

Install went pretty good but now the CEL light came on after 2 days of running with the new header.

Anyone have any suggestions or experience any issues when running the Dezod Red with CEL eliminator?
Old 03-21-2016, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you use the CEL eliminator on the secondary O2 sensor found on the s-pipe/downpipe?
Old 03-21-2016, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KiKaZ-tC
Did you use the CEL eliminator on the secondary O2 sensor found on the s-pipe/downpipe?
Kika. Just realized that's the problem. There's only 2 O2 sensors on the car right. One up front on the actual header and the second appears to be about 1/3 of the way down the exhaust.

Anyway so I took the CEL eliminator out of the first whole (on header) and put it on the second sensor.

PROBLEM. With the 90 bend in the CEL Eliminator it's impossible to screw all the way into hold on downpipe because of room restrictions. Has anyone run into this?? I was able to get about 1/2 a thread on and tightened the nut. Then installed O2 sensor in.

I hope it holds and stays tightened and is about 1/4 inch away from the driveshaft interference.

Does this sound acceptable? I mean I can't figure out how I would have screwed the CEL eliminator all the way without taking the entire S-pipe off, installing CEL eliminator, then re-installing S-pipe!
Old 03-22-2016, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You will need to remove the s-pipe/downpipe and install the angled CEL eliminator along with the secondary O2 sensor before reinstalling the s-pipe/downpipe. Don't tighten the nut on the CEL eliminator until you have placed the s-pipe/downpipe along with the eliminator and O2 sensor back onto your exhaust because you will need to find the best angle to position the CEL eliminator w/ O2 sensor for clearance.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did it without removing the S pipe. Just install the 90 degree bend without the 02 sensor. Then reach up and gently start the O2 sensor until its hand tight, then tighten up the rest of the way with a cresent wrench or other wrench that will fit. I know this is the case because I just pulled my RED header this weekend and I was able to remove the O2 sensor and 90 degree bend easily and safely without damaging the sensor in about 5 minutes.

Yes it is a tight fit, but you can definitely do it. Obviously disconnect the sensor from the wiring harness so it doesn't get all twisted up. Don't forget to remove your negative battery cable to reset the system and then run the car at idle for a while so the system gets used to it