Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Backup Camera with Pioneer AVH-P4400BH

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sarahbanana28
Use both harnesses. Just match up the wires to the harness that came with stereo. There will be wires that won't be connected. Make a bypass from te YouTube video and connect that to the green wire.
I think the pioneer is missing another harness. I'll check with best buy. The stock has 3 white harness (looks like main, rear speakers and steering wheel controls) plus gray one for USB which I won't need. I already did the video bypass and good there. I'm trying to confirm that I'm missing another pioneer harness. Can you confirm you got 2 harness inside the pioneer box?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member

ill post pics when i get out of work.. you have to use both harnesses.. pioneer only comes with one harness.. the kit comes with two.. just match the colors up you'll be fine.. i think all the wires from the car harness needs to be connected.. not all the wires from the pioneer harness is going to be connected tho..
Old 07-06-2012, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you guys!! I got everything to work. Even the video bypass.

I'm thinking about getting back up camera too but not sure if the power lead wire location was resolved and working flawless?!? Did you guys get this resolved?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member

mine works flawlessly.. i dont know what clickclickw00t's issue is.. powered up the camera through the head unit.. no issues.. i thought i had an issue with it.. i just had to play around with the setting to figure it out.. if you have any questions about it message me.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sarahbanana28
mine works flawlessly.. i dont know what clickclickw00t's issue is.. powered up the camera through the head unit.. no issues.. i thought i had an issue with it.. i just had to play around with the setting to figure it out.. if you have any questions about it message me.

FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!

was waiting for my girlfriend to get out of work and playing with me head unit. Saw the camera polarity setting ( I thought this was camera reverse, not switch polarity). Switched it from Auto to Battery, and IT WORKS!!!!

I now have a backup camera that works when I put the car in reverse.
******* AND BEER!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by clickclickw00t
FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!

was waiting for my girlfriend to get out of work and playing with me head unit. Saw the camera polarity setting ( I thought this was camera reverse, not switch polarity). Switched it from Auto to Battery, and IT WORKS!!!!

I now have a backup camera that works when I put the car in reverse.
******* AND BEER!
Nice!!! I ordered the same camera few days ago. Can you let me know what you switched from Auto to Battery? The power lead or camera settings on the HU?
Old 07-10-2012, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chicagokid
Nice!!! I ordered the same camera few days ago. Can you let me know what you switched from Auto to Battery? The power lead or camera settings on the HU?
On my MVH-P4400BH there is a setting for camera polarity. Changed that from Auto to Battery. Works fine now.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:51 PM
SL Member

Default Just ordered by back up camera

Hello, I was reading the posts, and I am still confused about the wiring set up. I have the same head unit. I wanted to know if I wanted to have the reverse cam to trigger when I reverse I need to hook up the power wire to the red wire to the lower left driver side red wire? and if I wanted to have the camera on even when I am not on reverse what wire do I need to tap into the head units reverse? I am interested in the cam to be on and trigger to show when i go into reverse.