Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

To BeSpoke or Not to Bespoke?

Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 AM

Default To BeSpoke or Not to Bespoke?

Hello everyone!

New to the forum, first post...here goes. I'm all set to sign papers on my 2013 tC tomorrow. Was stoked about the Bespoke and did some research on it only to find it isn't compatible with iPhone 5 per the Scion website's fine print. Also the App in the app store has a ugly 1 star rating.

I currently have an iPhone 4 but will be upgrading phones first of Jan. Any one with (or without BeSpoke) have an opinion on if it's worth the $845 purchase in hopes the App gets upgraded soon? I'm inclined to pass as of now. Thanks a bunch in advance for any advice!

-Drew

Last edited by MR_LUV; 11-13-2017 at 04:09 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You mean $485 right? Just making sure as that is what I saw on the Scion website. But for that kind of money you can always go with a nice aftermarket head unit. I would recommend the Pioneer AVH-X4500BT, it just came out not too long ago as well or any of the Pioneer units. I am not sure about the iPhone 5 compatibility right now but I am sure that they will come out with an update if they already haven't so that it will be able to work.

Linked below are the Units from Pioneer that will fit in the tc. Also comes with free stuff to make the install easier for you.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_168550/...FFDouble%40DIN
Old 12-11-2012, 03:21 AM

Hey nguyner, thanks for the suggestion and link! The 2013 tC premium audio system is $845. It reads as "Premium Audio System with Bespoke" but the only difference I see between the standard audio package and the premium is the Bespoke. I may be wrong about Bespoke being the only difference, but regardless if you get the upgraded audio system you can't opt out of the Bespoke and get a discount.

Which is why I'm scratching my head on something that seems to be out of date and not being supported properly by the developer. Again, thanks for the suggestion and link. I'll check it out.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 11-13-2017 at 04:10 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have bespoke in my 13 tc, I enjoy it actually. Despite bad reviews etc, pandora works great, the bluetooth works flawless, very fast and responsive. I enjoy it over all. I use both bluetooth+ corded pandora, I havnt had a iphone 5 to test corded but im sure it'd work.

dont let me persuay you but i do enjoy mine. Factory covered under warranty and it looks like its suppose to be there and not an lazy after thought
Old 12-11-2012, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
I have Bespoke in my 13 tC, I enjoy it actually. Despite bad reviews etc, Pandora works great, the bluetooth works flawless, very fast and responsive. I enjoy it over all. I use both bluetooth+ corded pandora, I haven't had a iPhone 5 to test corded but im sure it'd work.

dont let me persuay you but i do enjoy mine. Factory covered under warranty and it looks like its suppose to be there and not an lazy after thought
Thanks for the input. The two features you posted about (bluetooth & pandora) come standard on the tC according to the audio features chart I have from Scion. Think I'm going to fore go the Bespoke and go after market if the standard HU isn't enough for me after a few months.

Thanks for the input guys!

Last edited by MR_LUV; 11-13-2017 at 04:12 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Honestly, you won't probably upgrade. Calls music Bluetooth, controls are very simple. Works well. The Bespoke app is lame. But I enjoy the head unit over all.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 11-13-2017 at 04:12 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Could get standard and see if its enough if not just go to dealership and have them install bespoke. Just a thought
Old 12-15-2012, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The "premium audio" unit also puts more power to the speakers, and the nav unit has the most powerful amp... Well for the factory options at least
Old 12-15-2012, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by talt2008 View Post
The "premium audio" unit also puts more power to the speakers, and the nav unit has the most powerful amp... Well for the factory options at least
is the nav system nice? i didnt know about it when i ordered bespoke. do you have to pay a fee for the gps/nav features etc?. and does it have a good integrated system for bluetooth pandora and all that