Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

I NEED SUB ENCLOUSURES

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 02:49 AM

Default I NEED SUB ENCLOUSURES

Every where I go they have stopped selling them, does anyone know where I can find a set for my tc2

Last edited by KidJustin; 02-28-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

!!! $#^#&#^$*#; £#just get an oem audio plus system, $(×¥×&☆□♥•》•¡◆¡!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¿¿¿¿¿¿
Old 03-03-2013, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm assuming he doesn't want to spend the stupid money that the OEM+ costs.

Get your enclosure from ebay. I got mine from ebay for my JL 12w6V2 and it's constructed to exact JL specs. I've had it since early 2011 and it's been rock solid ever since. Just make sure you get it from a reputable seller.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:05 PM

yea its stupid money for it, and thats the JL stealthbox right? does it have a nice boom to it? lol i kinda wanted one for the right cubby too
Old 03-04-2013, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The money spent for one quality sub, box, amp, power Cable, RCA cables, and the time properly running the wires and making connections will cost the same if not more than the oem+ (and that replaces every speaker). You will not find a better quality system for the price. Besides nothing looks tackier than a bunch of wires going everywhere and a fat wire being powered by your battery. To each is own, but oem does not get the respect they deserve for building top notch systems designed to use every last cubic inch of air our cars have to offer. How many headaches does one have to endure to just do it the right way the first time...
Old 03-04-2013, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have never had the pleasure of hearing the OEM+ system in person, but I have no doubt that it sounds phenomenal. If it were available when I purchased my system, I would have definitely gotten it.

My JL 500/1v2 and 12W6v2 plus professional installation and enclosure/wires came in a little over the $1000 mark, but of course that's pretty much the best sounding sub/amp combo money can buy.

If you go with something more mid-range, you can save several hundred over the OEM+ system.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

have to agree that you cant go wrong with anything jl but its all preference. I've yet to recieve a bad compliment on mine. only hear about how crisp and clean it is at no matter what volume or type of music played. will be even better once i finally get a decent head unit it and can mess with the equalizer a little more.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy crap man, looking at your sig...i am sure that is probably the best sounding system in any tC on this forum. i know that was at a huge cost (unless you've got a hook up)...but you've got to pay to play
Old 03-12-2013, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah she does alright lol. I've had compliments on it and alot of people just want to ride in it instead of their own but i guess that comes with the territory and yes it cost a little bit but i've wanted that set up since i first got into car stereo's and was finally able to get it and i figured why not put it in a brand new car at the time. I was just bored and not poperly tuned or knowing what i was doing put it in a local sound show and it think it got 137db... and i only got beat by the people that had 3 subs and like i said i was new to it and didn't fully know what i was doing.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:20 PM

well looks like ill have to man up and save up !! lol im at a little over 500, but i think ill go with OEM+ it does come with amp right?
Old 03-12-2013, 02:50 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Thekneegrow_
well looks like ill have to man up and save up !! lol im at a little over 500, but i think ill go with OEM+ it does come with amp right?
yes it comes with an amp and all the wires you need

they actually offer 2 styles...one with all the carbon fiber speakers to replace the stock and one without the CF speakers

PM me and I will put you in contact with who you need to know at OEM Audio+ to make a deal happen
Old 03-12-2013, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
yes it comes with an amp and all the wires you need

they actually offer 2 styles...one with all the carbon fiber speakers to replace the stock and one without the CF speakers

PM me and I will put you in contact with who you need to know at OEM Audio+ to make a deal happen
If the cf style replaces the stock ones, what does the non cf style replace?

Does your contact make deals in canada?
Old 03-12-2013, 05:27 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

its not.."non Cf speakers" its the package is "without the CF speakers"

basically this package reuses the stock speakers and optimizes them with the amp working differently (than the amp in the full package)

just PM and and I will give u my contact and what to tell them and they can work something out with u