Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

LED Grille lighting

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 04:05 PM

Default LED Grille lighting

Alright guys, I'm new here (own a 2011 tC) and I just ordered some LED strips for the interior. Plan on putting them under the dash, but then I'll have 2 strips left. I cant think of anywhere else to put in the interior (thought about sunroof but don't think I want to do THAT much wiring. I'm thinking about putting them behind my grille, but I'm not exactly sure how to run those wires. I would prefer not to have an extra switch so I'd just like to tap into my parking lights (I don't care if they're on while I drive-- they're legal in IL depending on color).

Appreciate the help!

CJ
Old 10-02-2016, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hello and welcome to forums!! Glad you have begun modifications. There is a fuse box in the engine bay area and you could just tap the lights into any IGN powered source, This will switch off/on with ignition and run day/night when ever the car is running. If you tap into lighting wires make sure you tap into the parking/driving light wires and not the head light wires. Corrosion is always possible and losing a parking light is nothing compared with losing a headlight. Have you considered installing the lights in the back seat area or the hatch section? Don't know if they are rated for outside use and may not survive in the grill driving in rain??
Old 10-03-2016, 07:34 PM

I've thought about under the back seats, but from photos Ive seen from others, it doesnt do much for light back there. In terms of the grille lights, the company said it would be find if I just spray the connections with a bit of silicon. Either way, I'm excited to get to it.