Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

OEM Audio + for sell 945 right now.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default OEM Audio + for sell 945 right now.

I am looking at buying it, the full set up. Is it worth 1000 bucks? I mean, what is your opinion? I have door panel rattling etc, do you think this system will help alleviate it by distributing the bass better and such? Any people here personally have the system or heard it give me their input. No sponsored people though, just plane jane people. lol

I mean, I have bespoke radio +stock speakers. I could probably spend 300 or so and make a custom sub box, and such. Would it be better to just buy the kit for everything sub and all that or just piece together my own kit for 1k?.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've saw the kit and read up on it personally for 1k and a little bit of time I feel like you could make a better setup
Old 12-20-2012, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I completely agree, but I thought about it. Alaska- cost are higher than lower 48, Prices up here to buy seperate speakers+ ship them will be still more than I want to pay. + a box would cost a few hundred to have made etc..

I paid 945 SHIPPED to alaska, Already paid. I read the reviews, and I talked to oem audio + rep and since i have 100k mileage warranty for toyota, that they will honor the 100k miles too. atleast thats what he said. so yeah.

(im at police academy, im not even home now) but when I get back, I want to pull out, all chairs, panels etc and sound matt/dampen stuff then, i'll be putting my clazzio seat covers on (they arrived while I was gone) and hopefully the speakers come soon so I can install them all at once.

Any reconmendations for sound dampening where to buy or what to buy?
I really appreciate your reply though. I am hoping I amhappy with the system. Sucks I live in such a cold miserable area where everything cost 1.5 as much as something in lower 48. So I think this is most efficient/least amount of time taken item I can do. This is also going to be my last mod.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin
I completely agree, but I thought about it. Alaska- cost are higher than lower 48, Prices up here to buy seperate speakers+ ship them will be still more than I want to pay. + a box would cost a few hundred to have made etc..

I paid 945 SHIPPED to alaska, Already paid. I read the reviews, and I talked to oem audio + rep and since i have 100k mileage warranty for toyota, that they will honor the 100k miles too. atleast thats what he said. so yeah.

(im at police academy, im not even home now) but when I get back, I want to pull out, all chairs, panels etc and sound matt/dampen stuff then, i'll be putting my clazzio seat covers on (they arrived while I was gone) and hopefully the speakers come soon so I can install them all at once.

Any reconmendations for sound dampening where to buy or what to buy?
I've met Sandy from OEM and he showed me the system at a meet. It does sound awesome and I would love to get it. He mentioned that the doors don't rattle anymore because they actually engineered that frequency out of the playback. The speakers are built much better with higher quality components.

The way I can describe it is in the stock system, it almost sounded like a wall of sound that was all blended together.

In the OEM Audio +, it sounds like a perfectly tuned stereo system, to which you can hear all the instruments individually. Its really awesome. I just can't afford it. haha
Old 12-20-2012, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since I paid Via paypal, it wont surprise me if they contact me *hey our website doesnt include shipping to alaska etc* but when I checked out, it said everythings good to go and yep, shipping $0 lol.

/crosses fingers
Old 12-20-2012, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin
Since I paid Via paypal, it wont surprise me if they contact me *hey our website doesnt include shipping to alaska etc* but when I checked out, it said everythings good to go and yep, shipping $0 lol.

/crosses fingers
Hah good luck man let me know how you like it I can pick up all my components local for a custom system but I've still been eyeing this setup
Old 12-20-2012, 08:00 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

that's a steal! well worth it!

there is so much good things to say about it, but i dont want to get into it. the jist of what nick (disaster) said is all true...plus u can talk to anyone form OEM anytime u have questions...from the workers to the owners, they are all pure enthusiasts and happy to help or just talks audio. awesome CS!

and yes, u wont void your warranty. this is a Scion approved product. it used to be available as an option on their website when you order the car, they only got rid of it because they did the revamp of the site (mainly with the arrival of the frs)
Old 12-20-2012, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn they want 100 bucks for shipping >
Old 12-20-2012, 09:42 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

have them ship to someone you know in the US then have them ship it to u for less?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just gonna do it. Really hope the rattle is fixed with door panels, any recommendations on where to buy sound deadening from?

I wanna do the following all at same time

Sound deadening
Clazzio seat cover install
Oem audio plus speaker install. Just need the speakers and sound deAdening
Old 12-20-2012, 10:23 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

trust me. u should install the entire OEM system. thats the only way to make sure u get the best sound and remove the door vibrations. majority of the "work" is all in the amp, and the amp, speakers, and sub all play off each other.

i didn't do any sound deadening and my doors don't rattle, even with the bass up.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

il pay the extra 100 tomorrow when trd opens up. guess il be in the Oem+ club. i'll probably be the only one in alaska with it. lol.

1045 will be my total for everything.. sigh, again anyone know best place online to order a good quality sound deadener? enough to layer the floor of truck at the least. should i do door panels too?
Old 12-21-2012, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is this enough sound deadened to put floor of car? And trunk floor

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00020..._cr_item_title

Any better suggestions? Is it too thick and will there be enough to put in door panels too

Because I wanna do this

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4018899&postcount=18

Will the above link be enough?
Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone got a link for that less than $1000 price?

I'm checking their site and only see it for the regular $1,400...

Been wanting to get this for a while now (doors rattling too)

http://www.oemaudioplus.com/audio-sy...-scion-tC.html

TIA
Old 12-24-2012, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Www.trdsparks.com
Old 12-24-2012, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah trd sparks sorry forgot to put link
I found out about it from Facebook they posted it on there