Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

why arent people buying the premium pioneer headunit from scion?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cAs
Oh ok... Yeah, iPod and Bluetooth, that's all she cares about. Now I don't feel that bad, thanks
Glad I could put you at ease. Honestly, even though I still say it is overpriced a bit, if you factor in how easy it is to install the HU, the fit and finish and the amount of amprage it puts out, you can't really go wrong. Yeah, you could buy a 7inch in dash DVD player for the same amount of $$$; but then you have to get a kit to make it fit right, which it never does.... find someone who makes a harness for our car. Splice it all in, blah blah blah. Buy this and be done is what I say! But I am very lazy...
Old 07-03-2012, 12:39 AM

Question How do you connect video to pioneer premium head unit?

Originally Posted by WellesleyScion
Im confused... are you guys all talking about the same radio?
The premium radio is only $479. It offers all the same things as the base, but has touchscreen. Plus you can add backup camera, navigation, or a video input... Thats pretty much on par with any aftermarket radio, if your comparing price to features, except this one is warrantied by Toyota, and functions with all the extra options the car comes with, bluetooth, ipod/usb interface, steering wheel controls...

EDIT: BTW, I have the premium, with video connected. I love it...
Is your radio the same as the unit available with the current iQ?
http://www.scion.com/cars/iQ/accesso...wAll&view=grid

I have the same unit in my FR-S (in Canada, we don't get the Bespoke version) and I would like to add video (actually a backup camera). Do you have a special wire (adapter) you used to connect video?

Thanks

Last edited by normance; 07-03-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pioneer Premium Head unit is nice but way over priced. My car had it in there already and the price on the car was right. If I would have had to pay more to get the premium I would have opted for the stock unit and upgraded to a Pioneer 4400 which has an 8 band eq built in and 4volt pre outs vs the 2 volt on the Pioneer premium.

It worked out well though in my case, upgraded with a 4 channel amp, Sub am, new rear speakers and sub and it sounds incredible and everyone that has heard it is impressed.

If you really want a premium head unit which is nice don't pay more than 200-250 for it. Someone like me will probably upgrade and sell theirs at a really good deal.