Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]
View Poll Results: Do you have or had any problem with your tC2?
No, I have no problem at all.
60.76%
I have/had one or more problem(s).
39.24%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Any problems with your tC2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nayr_tc2011
do you guys experience the RPM go up when you break for a stop? is this normal? its only a month old 2011 scion tc
That's normal tC behavior.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member

on moonroof rattle: in my TC2, it comes mostly from wind buffer/flapper wire structure. If I hold flapper going over the bumps, rattle is mostly gone.
not much I can do about it, just lightweight wire frame loosely connected to the rest of the roof frame.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:30 PM

Glove box rattle is the only problem I seem to have, and occasional clicking through the sound system..
Old 07-19-2011, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Last edited by tyap; 06-08-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by tyap
What problems do you have or did you have with your tC? Just tought of making a thread about it so that people might find others who are having the same problems.

4) Rear suspension makes clunking noise when going over speed bump. It also makes the same noise when there are passengers in the rear seats and the car is going over a rough road. I'm not sure if this is same with everyone else.
Upon inspection on the car by my dad, piece of i guess what I'd call "plastic bushing" is loose/out of place on the rear driver side strut/suspension. Easiest to tell if you look at the passenger side, which is in place, then can easily tell the difference to the driver side which is loose/out of place.

imo it's definitely a manufacturing defect, going to have them check it out when we go in for 5000km/6mths checkup. 8mths in right now, @ 2000km.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 07-20-2011, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im a little late on this, but to all the Automatic tranny drivers, yes, your car constantly down shifts every time you hit the brakes.

I dident buy the auto because of this. Drove me nuts during the test drive. It is keeping itself in a good rpm band to draw power should you decided to hit the gas again. This is great for stop and go traffic where you may need to cut someone off quick, but annoing in day to day driving.

ALSO: problem I have is my drivers side A pillar, the inside plastic cover that houses the drivers curtain airbag is very loose. Like it was not formed in the mold right. you can reach up and wiggle the whole 50% top half of it. The passanger side is very tight, and does not wiggle, even when you try and shake it. The diverside has about a 1/2 inch gap at the very top, big enough to see down inside the panel. Also, its not a clip that came loose, I tryed that, its just deformed!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:37 AM

No issues for me apart from a dashboard rattle for the first 3 minutes of driving in the morning some days...then it goes away.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member

Hi, this is Vickat, TC'11bought back in Feb'11. 24K miles by now, so far so good. little annoyance from plastic flap protecting oil pan. it tends to get half-loose and hangs out, visible from the side. happy motoring, everyone!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here's a link to the issues I've had/have..
Seems to be going in the right direction, but finish line may be a ways out

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...17#post3950117
Old 12-16-2011, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one of my reverse lights doesnt work!
Old 12-24-2011, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default HELP! Clutch noise in neutral

So today while driving around I noticed a clicking running down sound when gear was in neutral and when I pushed clutch in, it slowly went away, but right after I let clutch out it starts immediately back up. Anyone know what might be causing this? It is driving me crazy!!! Has my clutch gone out already at 1300 miles? When you pop the trunk it is even more noticeable. I'd love to stay away from the dealer even though I know it would be covered under warranty.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TankedPilot
one of my reverse lights doesnt work!
Haha, They only put in one reverse light, I believe it was to save money.
If you look, there is no bulb, or even a space to put a bulb. Some people have mods on here to add one if you need it.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have TRD lowering springs and get clunking noise from the rear when going over bumps. Did anyone find a solution to this? I asked the dealership and I could tell they were lying when they told me that they don't hear or see anything wrong with it.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by keeev
I have TRD lowering springs and get clunking noise from the rear when going over bumps. Did anyone find a solution to this? I asked the dealership and I could tell they were lying when they told me that they don't hear or see anything wrong with it.
Keep going to different dealerships until they fix it haha and once you find a good dealership, make best friends with them
Old 03-07-2012, 11:45 PM

Default paint

the paint on my 2011 tC cement sucks. it's a beautiful color but a strong gust of wind would chip it. seriously though, i have more chips on this car after 10k miles than my old car had with 140k. this paint is weak sauce
Old 03-08-2012, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Worst moo roof design I've ever seen. Loud at every level even with the roof cracked. The wind screen is cheap beyond belief.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Lol

I started this thread many moons ago because I seemed to be the only one having weird problems. Since then I am on my third tranny. First one was defective, second one had to be installation error because not even a week into it, I had no fourth gear. Multiple calls to scion corporate. Dealership broke my window, took months to replace it and now the new one is creaking badly. My temperature control switches get stuck constantly and don't want to turn. I also hear the horrible bump noise from my rear suspension. My seat still creaks when I sit in it. And I have quite a few more. Guess that's what happens when you buy the first of a new design lol. tC2 purchased 11/16/10. It's been a fun experience... I blame my dealership for a lot of the mishaps, they just wouldn't cooperate. Sad when they only do something because scion corporate tells them to. Obviously my dealer missed the whole positive "Scion experience" reps talk about.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by tyap
I have stock springs but the rear left suspension makes clicking noise going over the bumps at a low speed like in a parking lot. I hear others saying about this noise, so this might just be a characteristic of this car.
I had a clicking sound on the rear at first as well with trd springs but that's because I installed one of the springs upside down lol. But after fixing that I got no click sound whatsoever.

Quick Reply: Any problems with your tC2?