boredddd

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

◄◄
Click Here
to Add your Vehicle to Garage
Sold my other wheels and got new ones. They came in today so I decided to snap some quick pictures after work

18x9.5 +20
215/45/18 tires

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/142301579@N08/
Old 03-18-2016, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey buddy I have a question. I read your post from a couple months back about you having a torn CV boot.

I think I have the same issue. My mechanic told me that one of my axles is leaking and that I need a new one.

My car has been lowered on Tein S-Tech springs for years at this point. My car has about 87k miles on it, but I purchased the 100k Platinum warranty when I bought the car new back in 2010.

If I take the car to Toyota, do you think they will try to blame my car being lowered? The boot isn't catastrophically damaged...just seems like wear and tear from over time.

Only asking since you work in a dealer.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

◄◄
Click Here
Originally Posted by biglilsteve
Hey buddy I have a question. I read your post from a couple months back about you having a torn CV boot.

I think I have the same issue. My mechanic told me that one of my axles is leaking and that I need a new one.

My car has been lowered on Tein S-Tech springs for years at this point. My car has about 87k miles on it, but I purchased the 100k Platinum warranty when I bought the car new back in 2010.

If I take the car to Toyota, do you think they will try to blame my car being lowered? The boot isn't catastrophically damaged...just seems like wear and tear from over time.

Only asking since you work in a dealer.

Oh yeah definitely. If anything is modified, they do their best to stay away from it hahaha
Old 03-20-2016, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jayrdee
Oh yeah definitely. If anything is modified, they do their best to stay away from it hahaha
I don't get it though...don't they need to prove being lowered caused the issue? Being lowered doesn't cause axles to wear and begin leaking. Your issue happened because you were so low that something caught and tore the boot. On mine, a leak has just slowly begun to come from the boot which is from normal wear and tear.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

◄◄
Click Here
Originally Posted by biglilsteve
I don't get it though...don't they need to prove being lowered caused the issue? Being lowered doesn't cause axles to wear and begin leaking. Your issue happened because you were so low that something caught and tore the boot. On mine, a leak has just slowly begun to come from the boot which is from normal wear and tear.

ehh, not necessarily. Lowering a car puts more stress on the cv joints on the axles causing them to wear quicker than usual.

A lot of times when you modify a car it will void whatever warranty you have on it. I'd suggest going back and reading the fine print to see if that's the case, or at least call and ask.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

And they might say that when you put on the lowering springs you did something that ruined it.

I have read about people just taking off the struts and letting the axle drop to the ground, then they couldn't figure out where all the grease was coming from. So they would probably blame it on poor installation of your aftermarket springs.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

◄◄
Click Here
Loving this weather

Old 04-29-2016, 05:21 AM
SL Member

Loving this weather

IMG_20160425_202949 by Jacob Durbin

AMEN!!!
Old 08-27-2016, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

◄◄
Click Here
chillin

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/142301579@N08/, on Flickr
Old 10-11-2016, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

chillin

IMG_20160827_002442 by Jacob Durbin, on Flickr
Yo man, your car is looking good. Updates are coming in my thread.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

◄◄
Click Here
Originally Posted by abredtC2
Yo man, your car is looking good. Updates are coming in my thread.
Thanks dude! I'll keep an eye out!
Old 10-12-2016, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I need to be more active on here. I started to get more involved with tC pages on Facebook but i'm about to crawl back into my little whole due to the lame and stupid questions I come across on a daily basis Lol.
◄◄Click Here to Add your Vehicle to Garage
No one searches anything anymore!!

Anyways, I still have the tC and drive the crap out of it. I've been busy with work and school so I haven't washed it in a month.

Although, I'm getting some squeaking in the front passenger coilover, and can't diagnose the problem. You can only hear it at low speeds going over any uneven surface, like pulling into a driveway or a parking lot. I originally thought it was the sway bar link bushings (they were a pain to put back on when I installed the coilovers so I was under the impression I put them in a bind or something) but after replacing those, that didn't solve the problem. I think the noise is coming from somewhere in the shock assembly. Either that, or in the lower control arm somewhere.

After some research I noticed that BCs are infamous for being noisy, and I have a buddy who has a newer tC2 on BC Racing coilovers as well and he is getting the same noises on the drivers side.

Nothing is loose, blown, or broken though so i'm not too worried about it.

On a side note, I picked up this beauty a few weeks ago! I'm on a mission to gain enough money to import a nice AE86. A solid one that I think is worth importing can cost more than an R32 GTR, which is wayyy more than I can afford Lol. I only work part time during the semester, so that makes it hard to save and put back. With that in mind, this past year and a half I've been trying to buy/sell cars to make some extra money. After a few flips, I finally had enough $$$ to import something cool!

Import #2
1988 Savanna RX7.
90,000(kms)
Turbo, 5-speed
Tein Coilovers
Autostrada Modena wheels
real Infini bucket seats

This particular model is pretty cool because they never offered a factory turbo convertible model here in the US. Over in Japan, there's no such thing as a N/A RX7

Once I get it titled it will be going up for sale. Hopefully I'll have enough to get an AE86 after this!!
Old 05-12-2017, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So ... still have the tC. Haven't done anything to it besides basic maintenance.
It needs a wash badly, but the weather has sucked these past few weeks.
◄◄Click Here to Add your Vehicle to Garage
On a different note, I sold the RX-7 back in January. The wheels went to Montana and the car went to California. And I FINALLLYYYY got my AE86 :D :D :D :D :D

Old 05-14-2017, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

◄◄
Click Here
seeing threads like this is truly the reason why i left my stuff stock. 119k miles and cruising smoothly. How much do parts like this cost to put on and then to replace? does it wear down your tires more?

lol @ washing car. I wash mine like once a year. Im sure your car looks fine still. Oddly my car never looks dirty being silver. Good looking car you have though.