Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Factory spoiler specs? Size???

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Factory spoiler specs? Size???

Hey guys, I got my trunk smashed in last week. It was a pretty good sized dent right in the center of the trunk from the glass to the edge. The shop wants 900 dollars to fix it and my deductable is too high for me to get it fixed. I ripped apart the hatch today and got most of it out but there is still a small crease along the back edge that refuses to pop out and a nice little wave on the top of the deck lid. I plan on using bondo to level the trunk out and cover it up with the factory spoiler if possible. Does anyone have the measurents on how wide from back to front it is? And can someone clue me in on how much of that rounded edge would be covered up? I saw that it overlaps a decent amount on the sides but looks like it is level in the center. Or maybe a close up pic of the spoiler looking up on the 3rd brake light and looking down on the deck lid would do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When you have a dent on or near a body line or curve, forget it. A new body panel is the proper way to go.
If I where you, I'd post a wanted ad in the classifieds. Several guys have swapped to the carbon fiber rear hatch. Maybe someone will sell you their stocker, then all you would need is paint. You might even get lucky and find one the same color.Have you tried looking on E-Bay? This repair you are attempting is going to haunt you, just replace it.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just checked ebay but had no luck. I will post a classified but I'm not really expecting a matching hatch anywhere near jersey. That would be too easy haha. I know what you mean about the repair coming back to haunt me.. I've been hearing about it all week. I'm just thinking of using the spoiler as a cheap fix for now until I do find another hatch. I posted this before I "finished" banging out the dents. The edge looks pretty close to new and there is only a small wave near the trunk that imo doesnt look too bad. I'm hoping the spoiler will kind of take the attention away as our decklids are way small and the only visible imperfection in theory would be the small dip near the window.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

SL won't let me post a wanted ad. Says it is locked or doesn't have permission =[
Old 06-04-2012, 05:39 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

PMd